Patent help/questions...

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Patent help/questions...

Post by coco »

Please come to CPS for answers to all your difficult questions.
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Patent help/questions...

Post by sweetandsour »

coco wrote: 23 May 2022, 08:10 Please come to CPS for answers to all your difficult questions.
Who should I vote for in today's Republican primary here?

Texas Attorney General:
Ken Paxton
George P. Bush

Texas Land Commissioner:
Tim Westley
Dawn Buckingham

Texas Railroad Commissioner:
Sarah Stogner
Wayne Christian

Jefferson County Commissioner, Precinct 2:
Cary Erickson
Alex Rupp

Locally I'm leaning toward Erickson, based solely on recommendations from friends of ours. For the State offices, I'm still undecided.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Patent help/questions...

Post by JimVH »

sweetandsour wrote: 24 May 2022, 07:06
coco wrote: 23 May 2022, 08:10 Please come to CPS for answers to all your difficult questions.

Texas Attorney General:
Ken Paxton
George P. Bush

Texas Land Commissioner:
Tim Westley
Dawn Buckingham

Sarah Stogner
Wayne Christian

Cary Erickson
Alex Rupp

Locally I'm leaning toward Erickson, based solely on recommendations from friends of ours. For the State offices, I'm still undecided.
Texas Attorney General:
I don't want to vote for Paxton and won't vote for Bush.

Texas Land Commissioner:
Both seem to have conservative stances. I like Westley and respect his attitude about preserving Texas history. Buckingham says all the right things and seems pretty well connected, but I'm not a big fan of some of her allies.
I'm still undecided, but today I'm leaning towards Westley.

Stogner looks way better in boots and jeans, but I'll likely vote Christian.

I have no opinion.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Patent help/questions...

Post by sweetandsour »

JimVH wrote: 24 May 2022, 08:00
sweetandsour wrote: 24 May 2022, 07:06

Texas Attorney General:
Ken Paxton
George P. Bush

Texas Land Commissioner:
Tim Westley
Dawn Buckingham

Sarah Stogner
Wayne Christian

Cary Erickson
Alex Rupp

Texas Attorney General:
I don't want to vote for Paxton and won't vote for Bush.

Texas Land Commissioner:
Both seem to have conservative stances. I like Westley and respect his attitude about preserving Texas history. Buckingham says all the right things and seems pretty well connected, but I'm not a big fan of some of her allies.
I'm still undecided, but today I'm leaning towards Westley.

Stogner looks way better in boots and jeans, but I'll likely vote Christian.

I have no opinion.
Yeah, I don't know if Stogner did herself any favors, posing nude on that oil pump. Maybe. But we'll vote Christian.

Probably my wife will vote Buckingham and I'll vote Westley, and thus cancel out our votes.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
Del
Usher
Usher

Patent help/questions...

Post by Del »

sweetandsour wrote: 24 May 2022, 08:10
Yeah, I don't know if Stogner did herself any favors, posing nude on that oil pump. Maybe. But we'll vote Christian.

I always heard Texas was just a "Lone Star" state.
Del
Usher
Usher

Patent help/questions...

Post by Del »

sweetandsour wrote: 24 May 2022, 08:10 Yeah, I don't know if Stogner did herself any favors, posing nude on that oil pump. Maybe. But we'll vote Christian.

Probably my wife will vote Buckingham and I'll vote Westley, and thus cancel out our votes.
All funning aside, don't let Stogner near any sort of elected or appointed government position.

jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

Patent help/questions...

Post by jmg »

My provisional patent application has been submitted. I've already tried to contact Stanley Black and Decker. However, they are currently only accepting invention submission that have a full utility patent or a published patent application...bummer. But get this...

I remembered that a few months back a guy that graduated a year ahead of me in high school posted on facebook that he was working for Milwaukee tools and they were hiring. I looked at the jobs. It was mostly just engineers and line workers, so not what I was qualified or interested in. Anywho, I haven't spoken to this guy in about 20 years, but messaged him on a whim. Told him about my "invention" (if you can call it that), but only vaguely. He said, "Well, I'm actually flying up to the corporate headquarters in a couple days (today) and will be meeting specifically with the design team.

I mentioned that my thing is a tool accessory or add-on, and he said that they are always interested in the add-on market.

So, here's hoping something comes of this.
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden
Del
Usher
Usher

Patent help/questions...

Post by Del »

jmg wrote: 24 May 2022, 16:17 My provisional patent application has been submitted. I've already tried to contact Stanley Black and Decker. However, they are currently only accepting invention submission that have a full utility patent or a published patent application...bummer. But get this...

I remembered that a few months back a guy that graduated a year ahead of me in high school posted on facebook that he was working for Milwaukee tools and they were hiring. I looked at the jobs. It was mostly just engineers and line workers, so not what I was qualified or interested in. Anywho, I haven't spoken to this guy in about 20 years, but messaged him on a whim. Told him about my "invention" (if you can call it that), but only vaguely. He said, "Well, I'm actually flying up to the corporate headquarters in a couple days (today) and will be meeting specifically with the design team.

I mentioned that my thing is a tool accessory or add-on, and he said that they are always interested in the add-on market.

I was a bit reluctant to mention this, but I have a buddy who is a for-real practicing patent lawyer. I wasn't sure that you wanted to spend money, or how serious you were. But it looks like you are pretty serious.

I should be in your phone.

If you have something specific, I could run a few questions by him. He's a very open and generous guy.

And we're also just a short drive from Milwaukee, if that ever comes in handy.

We could simmer some oxtails, or smoke some pipes and ribs.
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

Patent help/questions...

Post by jmg »

Del wrote: 24 May 2022, 19:55
jmg wrote: 24 May 2022, 16:17 My provisional patent application has been submitted. I've already tried to contact Stanley Black and Decker. However, they are currently only accepting invention submission that have a full utility patent or a published patent application...bummer. But get this...

I was a bit reluctant to mention this, but I have a buddy who is a for-real practicing patent lawyer. I wasn't sure that you wanted to spend money, or how serious you were. But it looks like you are pretty serious.

I should be in your phone.

If you have something specific, I could run a few questions by him. He's a very open and generous guy.

And we're also just a short drive from Milwaukee, if that ever comes in handy.

We could simmer some oxtails, or smoke some pipes and ribs.
My hope is to land a licensing deal with a company giving them rights to produce and sell my product and I will get a royalty rate per unit. That's the dream, anyway. I hope to be able to do this with only the provisional patent, and not have to pursue a full utility patent. This strictly due to the high costs involved with it. From my research, I've found that it's not altogether uncommon to negotiate a licensing deal with a company so that they cover the cost of acquiring a utility patent in addition to a royalty fee. That would be great.

I'm skeptical of myself and idea though (self-deprecation and whatnot.) Nothing may never come of it. However, in reality, it really is a solid product that is really useful within it's scope of work. So, who knows...maybe.

The pipes, oxtail and company sound great.
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden