Streaming Gold

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Streaming Gold

Post by sweetandsour »

JimVH wrote: 13 Dec 2022, 19:55 Wednesday on Netflix.

Never been much of a Tim Burton fan, so I started it reluctantly. Turned out to be very entertaining.
The script can be clever, but my wife still won't watch it. We have enjoyed Enola Holmes on NF though. Looking forward to EH3.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Streaming Gold

Post by tuttle »

Never been much of a Tim Burton fan, so I started it reluctantly. Turned out to be very entertaining.
I thought it was pretty good as well for basically being The Addams Family meets Harry Potter.

The casting of Gomez was atrocious, which was a shame because the rest of the cast was great.
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Streaming Gold

Post by JimVH »

tuttle wrote: 14 Dec 2022, 05:23

I thought it was pretty good as well for basically being The Addams Family meets Harry Potter.

The casting of Gomez was atrocious, which was a shame because the rest of the cast was great.
I feel that way, too, but Guzman does fit right in with the Charles Addams' original caricatures.

“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Streaming Gold

Post by tuttle »

JimVH wrote: 14 Dec 2022, 10:17
tuttle wrote: 14 Dec 2022, 05:23

I feel that way, too, but Guzman does fit right in with the Charles Addams' original caricatures.

Yeah, I saw what they wanted.
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Streaming Gold

Post by Bloodhound »

Penny and I enjoyed "Joe Picket" on Paramount+
It was a good story line and the acting was better than average.

We have been watching Tulsa King...just 5 episodes so far...they get a new one out each Sunday...
Caution Language is rough.
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Streaming Gold

Post by JimVH »

Bloodhound wrote: 14 Dec 2022, 11:03 Penny and I enjoyed "Joe Picket" on Paramount+
It was a good story line and the acting was better than average.

We have been watching Tulsa King...just 5 episodes so far...they get a new one out each Sunday...
Caution Language is rough.
Ditto on both. I'm big CJ Box fan - a little over half through the Joe Pickett series of novels. The screen always deviates from the books when they make them into shows, but I thought they did a pretty good job with this one. The only character I struggled with was Nate Romanowski. In the books he is a very different character. I really enjoyed the show, though.

I'm also enjoying seeing Stallone in a darker role.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix