UFO Hearing in Congress

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

UFO Hearing in Congress

Post by tuttle »

--Asked what information they will declassify for public: Answer: when it does not involve sources and methods and doesn't pose a security threat, they will release the information.
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

UFO Hearing in Congress

Post by tuttle »

There's mention of Space Force!

They're partnering with them as with other agencies.
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

UFO Hearing in Congress

Post by tuttle »

BOO

That's it for the unclassified session. 50 years and all we get is a whopping 30 mins.

I mentioned the highlights. And if you read them and didn't fall asleep, you'll notice there isn't much. (unless, like me, you don't believe anything they say and you're trying to read between the lines)
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

UFO Hearing in Congress

Post by FredS »

tuttle wrote: 17 May 2022, 07:16 . . .The congressman keeps asking what legal ramifications should be placed on citizens for UFO disinformation (the rep is LaHood).
Hmmmm, I'm not watching the hearing, but I wonder if LaHood - an R - is fishing for an answer such as "Inasmuch as we wish to gather a large amount of data, any information citizens provide, in any form, in any place, will be considered and evaluated based on the expertise of said citizen and evidence they provide and will never be dismissed or classified as disinformation out of hand. Our desire is that no penalties of any sort be applied to any person for submitting information in good faith."

You know something like that rather than labeling folks as crackpot conspiracy theorists spreading misinformation.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

UFO Hearing in Congress

Post by tuttle »

FredS wrote: 17 May 2022, 08:39
tuttle wrote: 17 May 2022, 07:16 . . .The congressman keeps asking what legal ramifications should be placed on citizens for UFO disinformation (the rep is LaHood).
Hmmmm, I'm not watching the hearing, but I wonder if LaHood - an R - is fishing for an answer such as "Inasmuch as we wish to gather a large amount of data, any information citizens provide, in any form, in any place, will be considered and evaluated based on the expertise of said citizen and evidence they provide and will never be dismissed or classified as disinformation out of hand. Our desire is that no penalties of any sort be applied to any person for submitting information in good faith."

You know something like that rather than labeling folks as crackpot conspiracy theorists spreading misinformation.
I don't know if it was that specifically, but I think it was more of a national security angle. Like, if someone makes some sort of claim that wastes the time and money of the US government with a fabricated claim, what legal action will the Task Force take. And the Task Force dude more or less said that holding people legally accountable for false information isn't his job.

But I wondered too if his question was more fishing to see how they'd answer.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

UFO Hearing in Congress

Post by FredS »

tuttle wrote: 17 May 2022, 09:30
FredS wrote: 17 May 2022, 08:39

I don't know if it was that specifically, but I think it was more of a national security angle. Like, if someone makes some sort of claim that wastes the time and money of the US government with a fabricated claim, what legal action will the Task Force take. And the Task Force dude more or less said that holding people legally accountable for false information isn't his job.

But I wondered too if his question was more fishing to see how they'd answer.
DHS already has a See Something Say Something program. I'm willing to bet 95% of the calls to their hotline turn out to be false alarms, but if they want folks ratting on bad guys or just their crazy vacine-mandate-rejecting neighbor, they can't come down on them if their reports turn out to be of no consequence. It'll be the same way with the aim-sog. Once they run down a few red herrings from that whack-job wosbald they'll just start to ignore him, not snuff him. I hope.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
DLJake
Sunday School Superintendent

UFO Hearing in Congress

Post by DLJake »

tuttle wrote: 17 May 2022, 06:07 Today a House sub committee is holding the first hearing about UFOs in congress in over 50 years. It started a few moments ago. I'll live post if anything crazy happens (You'll hear it here first!)

Think it'll be any more than fluff and bluster?
First read of the thread right now.

Future in-line remarks are in this font.

Let's gooooooooooooooo.
Nothing destroys cowboy boots faster than mare's urine. - JimVH as published in Equine Quarterly September 2022
DLJake

UFO Hearing in Congress

Post by DLJake »

joegoat wrote: 17 May 2022, 06:20 Wait until Ukraine, the formula shortage, and Roe v Wade are over. Aliens will be the next big thing. hush, you. yer ruining it..
Nothing destroys cowboy boots faster than mare's urine. - JimVH as published in Equine Quarterly September 2022
DLJake

UFO Hearing in Congress

Post by DLJake »

sweetandsour wrote: 17 May 2022, 06:38
joegoat wrote: 17 May 2022, 06:20 Wait until Ukraine, the formula shortage, and Roe v Wade are over. Aliens will be the next big thing.
What they need to do first thing is find the alien(s) responsible for mashing down corn and wheat fields, creating those weird patterns.

preach.
DLJake

UFO Hearing in Congress

Post by DLJake »

tuttle wrote: 17 May 2022, 06:43 The reporting protocol for personnel:
the tuttle opine:
1) contact intel officer who would ensure data preservation
No. Contact your best bud on duty at the time and figure out if yer not a nut-case...

the tuttle opine:
2) fill out form including tons of details, it goes through operation chain of command and also the UAP taskforce to database it and follow up interviews
OK. Lemme man 'splain it to you ok, Lucy? We, the all encompassing we; from every Armed Service Jr NCO's would want to FRAG yer bum. :

the tuttle opine:
3) Data is researched in database
Wrong City, duder. We, the formally referenced Junior non-coms, scream in your face:

NO! Nothing I do is searchable by ANYONE! That's why we have NCO's. Plausible deniability was invented by the DoD.