The Weather

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

The Weather

Post by sweetandsour »

Del wrote: 19 Apr 2023, 08:46 Hailstorm. Lots of little balls of ice, enough to cover the streets.

Fortunately, it's little bouncy pellets of ice. Slightly larger than sleet. I consider this harmless to roofs and buildings. Farmers have not planted yet (still too early in Wisconsin). So not a lot of devastation.

Just a whole lot of ice.
==================================

Storm passed as I wrote this. Vehicles are moving again. Somewhat slowly.
It hailed here last Saturday evening, and there's hail again tonight. The phones were going off sounding tornado warnings thirty minutes ago, but hopefully that has passed now, and so now I'm up listening to the rain, and L&T. Temps are predicted to be low 40s this weekend here. I'll go back to bed in a few mins, but meanwhile I've done today's Wordle.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

The Weather

Post by JimVH »

sweetandsour wrote: 20 Apr 2023, 23:43
Del wrote: 19 Apr 2023, 08:46 Hailstorm. Lots of little balls of ice, enough to cover the streets.

Fortunately, it's little bouncy pellets of ice. Slightly larger than sleet. I consider this harmless to roofs and buildings. Farmers have not planted yet (still too early in Wisconsin). So not a lot of devastation.

Just a whole lot of ice.

It hailed here last Saturday evening, and there's hail again tonight. The phones were going off sounding tornado warnings thirty minutes ago, but hopefully that has passed now, and so now I'm up listening to the rain, and L&T. Temps are predicted to be low 40s this weekend here. I'll go back to bed in a few mins, but meanwhile I've done today's Wordle.
Boop had me up with her storm-induced neurosis much of the night. It was really loud on my side of town. Not much rain, but plenty of wind and boom-booming. I was so preoccupied I forgot about the wordle until this morning.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

The Weather

Post by coco »

JimVH wrote: 21 Apr 2023, 08:32
sweetandsour wrote: 20 Apr 2023, 23:43

Just a whole lot of ice.

Boop had me up with her storm-induced neurosis much of the night. It was really loud on my side of town. Not much rain, but plenty of wind and boom-booming. I was so preoccupied I forgot about the wordle until this morning.
The thunder just boomed and Beau just climbed onto MrsCoco. "The lady will save me when the world falls apart."
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

The Weather

Post by JimVH »

Dark as night, heavy rain and winds, small hail, and some pretty fierce lightning.

I'll bet Rita is having a fit with Boop at home. Come on CBD oil...
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

The Weather

Post by Bloodhound »

We had thunder and lightning and some rain last night...today is partly cloudy and windy
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

The Weather

Post by coco »

Nice
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

The Weather

Post by Biff »

Bloodhound wrote: 09 May 2023, 10:26 We had thunder and lightning and some rain last night...today is partly cloudy and windy
Thunder bolts and lightning... was it very very frightening? EEEEEEEEEeeeeeeee and was Galileo involved at all?
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

The Weather

Post by Bloodhound »

Biff wrote: 09 May 2023, 18:53
Bloodhound wrote: 09 May 2023, 10:26 We had thunder and lightning and some rain last night...today is partly cloudy and windy
Thunder bolts and lightning... was it very very frightening? EEEEEEEEEeeeeeeee and was Galileo involved at all?
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

The Weather

Post by sweetandsour »

~ 5" of rain here yesterday, with plenty of T&L. The closest call was yesterday afternoon, just after I'd run from my father-in-law's garage and climbed into my truck. The flash and instantaneous boom had me sucking wind for a moment. Thursday's (today's) golf game is cancelled, of course; too wet after all of this week's rains. Too bad. Last week I shot an 88 and won $10, and was hoping to build on that this week.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

The Weather

Post by FredS »

It's been raining all weekend. Not our usual afternoon springtime afternoon showers. All day soakers.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson