The Weather

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Del
Usher
Usher

The Weather

Post by Del »

FredS wrote: 04 Jun 2023, 10:47 It's been raining all weekend. Not our usual afternoon springtime afternoon showers. All day soakers.
We could use some.

It's going to be high around 80°F and sunny all week. But we need rain.
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

The Weather

Post by coco »

Nice
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

The Weather

Post by JimVH »

Eventful weekend. Wicked storms Thursday afternoon brought down trees at several houses in my hood. High quality neighbor bonding followed over chainsaws and truck winches. Made some new acquaintances and hit it off with a couple of premier level rednecks that live near me. I anticipate that driveway beers will be consumed with them in the near future. More heavy winds followed Friday night, but they didn't cause nearly as much damage. My brothers and I spent Saturday cleaning up a fallen tree and other storm mess at dad's house. Good times, except for the thorn bush I lost a fight with. My arms looked like something out of a slasher movie. Sunday was calm, but the heat showed-up. We are supposed to be dry in the 98-103 degree range for the next couple of weeks. I'm very excited.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

The Weather

Post by sweetandsour »

JimVH wrote: 12 Jun 2023, 09:05 Eventful weekend. Wicked storms Thursday afternoon brought down trees at several houses in my hood. High quality neighbor bonding followed over chainsaws and truck winches. Made some new acquaintances and hit it off with a couple of premier level rednecks that live near me. I anticipate that driveway beers will be consumed with them in the near future. More heavy winds followed Friday night, but they didn't cause nearly as much damage. My brothers and I spent Saturday cleaning up a fallen tree and other storm mess at dad's house. Good times, except for the thorn bush I lost a fight with. My arms looked like something out of a slasher movie. Sunday was calm, but the heat showed-up. We are supposed to be dry in the 98-103 degree range for the next couple of weeks. I'm very excited.
Sounds like a good experience overall. The storms passed through our area Saturday night. We did ok, but my sister, north of Beaumont, is still without power. I think they probably had a twister; we just had wind, rain and hail here south of Beaumont.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

The Weather

Post by JimVH »

It stayed under 100f today. I'm celebrating.

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

The Weather

Post by JimVH »

The drought continues. We were put on mandatory water usage restrictions this week with threats of fines and disconnection for non-compliance. Triple degree heat still predicted for a while.

sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

The Weather

Post by sweetandsour »

We got two rain showers Monday morning. 1.1" of rain per my gauge. Very nice. It's been a while.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

The Weather

Post by coco »

JimVH wrote: 04 Sep 2023, 10:45 The drought continues. We were put on mandatory water usage restrictions this week with threats of fines and disconnection for non-compliance. Triple degree heat still predicted for a while.
I think we got all of the rain you are missing. This has been the summer of the monsoon.
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

The Weather

Post by JimVH »

It's supposed to be under 100 all week with a chance of rain in a few days.

I'm giddy.

FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

The Weather

Post by FredS »

High today is right now.
70 degrees.
About time.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson