Pelosi banned from communion

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Post by coco »

The Archbishop of San Francisco has banned Nancy Pelosi from communion due to her stance on abortion.

Discuss.
Last edited by coco on 24 May 2022, 16:35, edited 1 time in total.
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Pelosi banned from communtion

Post by Biff »

Whoopi says that's not his job.
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

Post by jmg »

I read this as "communication." I was overjoyed. Banning her from communion, however, for promoting the murder of innocent babies is also good.
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

Out there in the internet news media comment boards, we find deep and profound ignorance regarding excommunication,Pope Francis, and what it means to be Catholic.

Especially among Catholics in the secular media.

They need to go back to Catholic school and tell Sister that they want their money back.... that's how ignorant they are.
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Post by coco »

Biff wrote: 24 May 2022, 15:48 Whoopi says that's not his job.
I wasn't aware that she was an expert in canon law. I kinda just figured that an Archbishop would have some say in the administration of the sacraments, but maybe I'm wrong.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

I saw this a few days ago. The article I read said the Archbishop has spoken to her about this in the past and has recently asked for discussion again and got no reply. A couple times. This isn't something he or anyone should take lightly and it's been percolating for quite a while. The Archbishop also asked her to stop publicly saying she's Catholic. For her part, Pelosi doesn't seem to see the problem and she thinks it wrong to impose her views on others. She's lying, and doesn't really believe abortion is wrong, or she would simply be silent on this and let others in her party take the lead so she wouldn't be, you know, imposing her views on others.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

Biff wrote: 24 May 2022, 15:48 Whoopi says that's not his job.
Whoopi is the sort of person who thinks anyone can be an expert or a gender or a Catholic simply by "identifying" as such: "I checked the box next to 'Catholic,' therefore I am."

[But that doesn't work for "race," apparently. One must be naturally born into a race. Like how Kamala Harris is Black these days.]

Catholic is more than a box-check identifier. It is a way of life. "The Way," as some have called it.

Jesus established His Church so we can know and love Him. (Not just "know about" Him. A guy can read our Sacred Scripture, if simple knowledge is all he wants.) The Church is Christ's way of giving Himself to us. He comes to meet us at His altar. He gives us His Body and Blood.
======================================

Definition: A "Catholic" is a Christian who believes what the Catholic Church teaches, AND who strives to live in accord with those teachings.

Nancy is fortunate. She has a very good pastor in Archbishop Cordileone. He is kind and loving enough to tell her that she is not living a sanctified life. She is defiant of Christ's teachings. She is in immortal peril. Many pastors and bishops -- and even Pope Benedict -- have personally warned Nancy that she must not invite the Judgment of Christ upon herself by receiving Him while she is so ardently encouraging abortions.

Nancy has not respected her excommunication, for years and years.

Archbp Cordileone is more than just Nancy's pastor. He has a whole world to save, and he is personally responsible for the souls of all the Catholics and non-Catholics in the Archdiocese of San Francisco.

And so he took the extraordinary (some would say "extreme") measure of making public the status of Nancy's excommunication. This time, he is telling the whole world: NO ONE CAN BE CATHOLIC AND ALSO PRO-ABORTION.

Choose Christ, or choose Moloch. No one can choose both.
DLJake
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent

Post by DLJake »

This is a very personal issue. Maybe a less public method to message Madam Speaker may have been better.
Nothing destroys cowboy boots faster than mare's urine. - JimVH as published in Equine Quarterly September 2022
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Post by coco »

DLJake wrote: 24 May 2022, 18:06 This is a very personal issue. Maybe a less public method to message Madam Speaker may have been better.
My understanding is that the Archbishop made quite a few efforts to talk with her privately prior to the public move.
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

coco wrote: 24 May 2022, 18:25
DLJake wrote: 24 May 2022, 18:06 This is a very personal issue. Maybe a less public method to message Madam Speaker may have been better.
My understanding is that the Archbishop made quite a few efforts to talk with her privately prior to the public move.
Exactly this.

Nancy (and Joe) have been counseled several times that their public support for abortion is cause for them to stay away from the Eucharist until they repent and confess and are reconciled with Christ and His Church.

Several years ago, Nancy made a pilgrimage to visit Pope Benedict, a friendly state visit in her capacity as House Speaker. Normally, there are photo ops and little joint press conference. Benedict had all the photographers and reporters shooed from the room, denying Nancy the cute photo op. Then the Vatican State Department took the unusual move to issue a press release, stating with polite diplomacy that the Pope had admonished her for her public support for the grave sin of killing children, taking them from the wombs of their mothers.

Pro-life Catholics have been calling for this sort of public rebuke of pro-abortion "catholic" politicians for many years, in accord with Canon 915.
Get the mugs and t-shirts here
========================================
Recently, a reporter asked Nancy how she squares her Catholic faith with her recent work and speeches pushing legislation that is a full-force expansion of abortion.

She responded that she is a great Catholic "in good standing," and that her Catholic faith is the reason why she is fighting so strongly for women's "reproductive rights."

This is what finally triggered the Archbishop's public announcement of Nancy's excommunication. When public figures spread confusion and misinformation about Catholic faith and teaching, it is the bishops' apostolic duty to correct this as forcefully as necessary.

(The House bill was defeated in the Senate, 49-51. Joe Manchin joined all Republicans against it. Manchin is the one who calls it an expansion of abortion, because it demands abortion-on-demand through all nine months, for any reason. No pro-life protection to be allowed in any state. Not even parental notification regarding minor-aged mothers.)