Chanterelles…

Want to share something posted on your blog, or the fact that you have a blog? Here's one for bloggers.
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

Chanterelles…

Post by jmg »

"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden
GaryInVA
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Chanterelles…

Post by GaryInVA »

Good watch. Never know what you'll learn on CPS.

Thanks JMG.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein
Del
Usher
Usher

Chanterelles…

Post by Del »

I am so jealous!

Chef John Besh wrote my favorite cookbook on bayou country home cooking. He talks about harvesting chanterelles. They don't grow up north.

When I was a kid, we used to hunt morels in Missouri. They are harder to spot than the bright chanterelles, but easy to differentiate from poisonous toadstools.

Deer love morels. With the proliferation of deer everywhere, I hardly ever see morels anymore.
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

Chanterelles…

Post by jmg »

Del wrote: 14 Jun 2022, 05:30 I am so jealous!

Chef John Besh wrote my favorite cookbook on bayou country home cooking. He talks about harvesting chanterelles. They don't grow up north.

When I was a kid, we used to hunt morels in Missouri. They are harder to spot than the bright chanterelles, but easy to differentiate from poisonous toadstools.

Deer love morels. With the proliferation of deer everywhere, I hardly ever see morels anymore.
Where up north? They grow all over the NE.
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden
Del
Usher
Usher

Chanterelles…

Post by Del »

jmg wrote: 14 Jun 2022, 19:12

Wow.... the internet says that they grow on the east coast and the west coast -- and in Wisconsin too!

I gotta find me an oak grove! Without much deer, if possible.
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Chanterelles…

Post by coco »

Del wrote: 14 Jun 2022, 21:36

Wow.... the internet says that they grow on the east coast and the west coast -- and in Wisconsin too!

If you shoot the deer before he eats too many of the chanterelles, you could have venison with mushroom gravy.
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Chanterelles…

Post by FredS »

I like that song Jerry Lee Lewis sings about chanterelles.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Hugo Drax
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent

Chanterelles…

Post by Hugo Drax »

Del wrote: 14 Jun 2022, 21:36

Del, Americans make a real big deal about how "super dangerous" mushroom hunting is. It's really not. Just get yourself a little guidebook and go out there and have fun.

Or don't get the guidebook. You're not a Democrat, are you? The important thing here is just to go out there and pick and eat wild mushrooms right on the spot.

Proud of you, buddy.
Weenies are us.