A pipe tobacco question that has never been asked

Questions, Reviews, Storage, anything about `baccy
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Post by coco »

harkpuffy wrote: 22 Jun 2022, 19:45...Pipe tobacco HAS actually been used as an air freshener...
MrPiper keeps a couple of ounces of peach aromatic in a plastic baggy in his truck. He changes it out every few months. It smells GREAT.
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
harkpuffy
Sunday School Student

Post by harkpuffy »

Great idea Coco. Thanks for the tip.

I also googled the question asking how to burn pipe tobacco without actually smoking it and was quite surprised to find out that this issue had already been discussed on other websites.

I think an idea I am going to try was from a person that said he uses a simple $4.00 ceramic tea light candle potpourri simmer pot. He places a small pile of tobacco in the ceramic tray and adds one or two tablespoons of water and it works great. He said not to use the electric light bulb type because they do not get hot enough.

Others suggested using the disc charcoal style of burners and piling the tobacco on top of the smoldering charcoal. Some responded by stating that this does work, however this method burns up the tobacco very rapidly.

Some say they use the tea light candle simmer pots with pipe tobacco in their homes, workshops and man-caves and it works quite well.

I found it interesting that one pipe smoker said the thing he dislikes about smoking the pipe is that the smoker does not experience the same aroma as those who are bystanders. They also mentioned that the taste almost never matches the aroma.

What a great way to enjoy the aroma of someone else's pipe. The only aspect that is missing is the nicotine hit that some crave.
The greatly reduced cancer risks would also be a huge plus.
Possibly, for some, this could be the answer for pipe lovers to enjoy in a significant way something they don't have to give up all together.

I guess I was wrong about this question never being asked before.

Harkpuffy
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Post by Biff »

harkpuffy wrote: 26 Jun 2022, 20:29
I found it interesting that one pipe smoker said the thing he dislikes about smoking the pipe is that the smoker does not experience the same aroma as those who are bystanders. They also mentioned that the taste almost never matches the aroma.

Harkpuffy
They're doing it wrong. I used to have this problem years ago as a noob. Now, I almost always get the great taste that matches the aroma.
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada: