ROE V WADE OVERRULED!

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Hugo Drax
Sunday School Superintendent

ROE V WADE OVERRULED!

Post by Hugo Drax »

Had anybody checked in on Del?
Weenies are us.
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

ROE V WADE OVERRULED!

Post by jmg »

FredS wrote: 24 Jun 2022, 14:29this is good news
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden
Del
Usher
Usher

ROE V WADE OVERRULED!

Post by Del »

Hugo Drax wrote: 24 Jun 2022, 16:14 Had anybody checked in on Del?
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

It's been a very busy day, let me tell ya!

We had a little rally of pro-lifers at the state Capitol to celebrate. It hasn't quite sunk in yet, to be honest. I don't think this decision will change our lives much.... except that the clinic is closed, and we won't have to stay up all night on the sidewalk anymore. I should visit the clinic and pray a Rosary or something, then maybe it will sink in.

Of course there was also a monster rally of pro-abortion folks, very angry and very hurt. They don't know what to do.

It wasn't dangerous, just still a bit scary.
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

ROE V WADE OVERRULED!

Post by jmg »

gaining_age
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

ROE V WADE OVERRULED!

Post by gaining_age »

FredS wrote: 24 Jun 2022, 14:41 Just read a report saying Megan Rapinoe, the outspoken player on the U.S. women’s soccer team said “Frankly, the majority male court making decisions about my body or any other woman’s body is completely misguided and wildly out of touch with the desires of the country,”.

Really? The court said precisely the opposite. Contrary to the Roe & Casey decisions, they now say they WILL NOT make such decisions, because it is not the courts domain to do so.

I don't think there are very many that think about federal vs. state rights clearly.

I said before in the first debate between the old geezers.... they had a great opportunity to weigh in on federal vs. state rights perspective as presidential view. It was obvious from behavior but awful in the debate because they didn't... didn't do anything but grouch.

Biden sees federal authority as a tool. The other fellow was more cautious .. "we see some problems out there in Portland, would you like national guard troops? No? oh.. ok.. keep us posted."

I really think the federal vs. state rights was a tremendous topic in the election of 2020 and so heavily ignored. It seems people want to push authority and decisions that they want of control on others up to the federal level. Seems very immature.

G.
joegoat
The Naughty Grand Poobah
The Naughty Grand Poobah

ROE V WADE OVERRULED!

Post by joegoat »

Praise be to God!
The same leftist women (and men) who are appalled at the government being able to make decisions about the bodies of the citizens were the same ones praising the government for forcing a vaccine on it's citizens. Can't have it both ways and still sound intelligent.
This gives me hope that our great country isn't completely lost.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (When all else fails, play dead)
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

ROE V WADE OVERRULED!

Post by jmg »

All of a sudden, everyone knows what a woman is again.

Hugo Drax

ROE V WADE OVERRULED!

Post by Hugo Drax »

jmg wrote: 24 Jun 2022, 21:44 All of a sudden, everyone knows what a woman is again.
Indeed. And those of us who are adamantly anti-abortion understand that this changes very little--it doesn't stop a state from legalizing abortion and that will probably never happen as evil always finds a way.

Thankful but not ecstatic.
Weenies are us.
Del
Usher
Usher

ROE V WADE OVERRULED!

Post by Del »

Hugo Drax wrote: 25 Jun 2022, 00:23
jmg wrote: 24 Jun 2022, 21:44 All of a sudden, everyone knows what a woman is again.
Indeed. And those of us who are adamantly anti-abortion understand that this changes very little--it doesn't stop a state from legalizing abortion and that will probably never happen as evil always finds a way.

Thankful but not ecstatic.
I feel the same way.... Our long goal is to restore a culture of life, until abortion once again becomes unthinkable. Along the way, we would overturn Roe and pass some pro-life laws. But those are just milestones, not the final victory.

We have been winning for long decades now. So many abortion clinics closed for lack of business and public subsidies. Nobody missed them. Many states had just a few clinics remaining. Several had only one clinic, flying in an abortionist to do procedures a few days each month.

There will still be illegal abortions in some unscrupulous doctors' clinics. But the industry is broken, in more than half of the states. Nobody will miss them.
================================

Pipeson and I are volunteering to keep security vigil tonight at our local Women's Care Center.

Madison experienced some pro-abortion vandalism a few weeks ago, so we have a terror cell active in the area.
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

ROE V WADE OVERRULED!

Post by coco »

Watch a pro-life advocate deliberately try to run over pro-choice heroes!

Note that this is definitely NOT an attack by pro-choice people on a guy just trying to drive down the road, this is clearly right-wing Trumpie-Republican domestic terrorism aimed at murdering all Democrats.

Oh, and no one needs a truck that big. Truck violence has gotten out of control in this country, and big trucks should be banned.
Last edited by coco on 25 Jun 2022, 14:22, edited 4 times in total.
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.