ROE V WADE OVERRULED!

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Del
Usher
Usher

ROE V WADE OVERRULED!

Post by Del »

Thunktank wrote: 27 Jun 2022, 22:02 An awful lot of happiness in this thread from you dudes.

I’m baffled.

I’m pretty sure there’s gonna be less sex going on now in some of your states. She gate keepers gonna lock that down tight for some poor fellas. No more love for you!

But some of you getting kinda old so probably not doing much of that anymore anyway, so party on CPS, party on! :twisted:
[I know your is tongue-in-cheek, and I'm laughing with you. I've composed a reply below, which is serious in tone because I (like every feminist comedienne) lack the skill to joke about abortion. But my heart is still laughing!]

Evolution (or God, if you prefer) designed humankind such that women have always been the gatekeepers of chastity (and thus a civilizing force over brutal men), until the invention of The Pill in the late 20th century. Then there was a sudden cultural shift, and a woman had to become sexually available to pretty much any man she wanted to have a relationship with. This has been extremely demeaning to the dignity of women.

Of course, there were those fuddy old backward Christians who still insisted that chastity was a virtue, sex was for marriage and children, and women deserved to be honored as more than mere playthings for men. But I digress....

Anyhow, the contraceptive mentality led quickly to the brutality of abortion. Now a woman had to consent to killing her own child to appease irresponsible men, often under severe pressure and coercion. A whole corporate industry formed to profit from this. And for fifty years under Roe, our government protected the abortion industry just as government had protected slave-owners for 250 years.

But Roe is gone now. Across a great swath of this nation, women are reclaiming some of their natural dignity. Abortion will be strongly regulated or abolished in most of the states. This is what strong women want, and men will not be able to abuse vulnerable women so easily.
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

ROE V WADE OVERRULED!

Post by tuttle »

Del wrote: 28 Jun 2022, 05:24 A whole corporate industry formed to profit from this.
You probably had something more specific in mind, but the mention of corporate industry profiting from abortion spurred my mind. One huge issue is that corporations have a vested interest in keeping their work women barren. Mothers and babies cost so much! And you're really starting to see the grossness of it now with businesses paying for women to travel out of state to get abortions. It's framed as advocacy, but in reality they view these women as chattel and paying for abortions is cheaper than maternity leave and insurance for two.

And lets never forget the gruesome Nazi-esque scientific research industry that has grown out of this. How many baby arms and legs and craniums have been bought and sold and depended upon for government funding because of RvW? The NIH was up to it's eyeballs in dead baby eyeballs. What the government, academia, and corporations have done, by conducting and condoning, fueling and funding, is nothing less than a real life horror story, the likes of which make all of the ugly 'grave digger' terror pulps of the late 19th century look like child's play. In a sane world, none of these people or institutions would get away with this. People used to cringe in gut-wrenching fear reading about how some power-mad scientist got his bodies for university research. Dark deeds done to vagabonds and tramps in dirty London alleyways in fiction were/are being done on a massive scale every day in broad daylight in the US with the full funding and backing of the most powerful institutions in the world.

There will still be states that still keep abortion legal for now, but there is no doubt, this was a large blow to this type of research. It will still happen, but it will be harder to come by and you and I (depending on where you live) will not be funding it with our tax dollars anymore. At least if such things remain we will have a far better tactical position to battle it from.
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
Del
Usher
Usher

ROE V WADE OVERRULED!

Post by Del »

tuttle wrote: 28 Jun 2022, 09:34
Del wrote: 28 Jun 2022, 05:24 A whole corporate industry formed to profit from this.
You probably had something more specific in mind, but the mention of corporate industry profiting from abortion spurred my mind. One huge issue is that corporations have a vested interest in keeping their work women barren. Mothers and babies cost so much! And you're really starting to see the grossness of it now with businesses paying for women to travel out of state to get abortions. It's framed as advocacy, but in reality they view these women as chattel and paying for abortions is cheaper than maternity leave and insurance for two.

And lets never forget the gruesome Nazi-esque scientific research industry that has grown out of this. How many baby arms and legs and craniums have been bought and sold and depended upon for government funding because of RvW? The NIH was up to it's eyeballs in dead baby eyeballs. What the government, academia, and corporations have done, by conducting and condoning, fueling and funding, is nothing less than a real life horror story, the likes of which make all of the ugly 'grave digger' terror pulps of the late 19th century look like child's play. In a sane world, none of these people or institutions would get away with this. People used to cringe in gut-wrenching fear reading about how some power-mad scientist got his bodies for university research. Dark deeds done to vagabonds and tramps in dirty London alleyways in fiction were/are being done on a massive scale every day in broad daylight in the US with the full funding and backing of the most powerful institutions in the world.

There will still be states that still keep abortion legal for now, but there is no doubt, this was a large blow to this type of research. It will still happen, but it will be harder to come by and you and I (depending on where you live) will not be funding it with our tax dollars anymore. At least if such things remain we will have a far better tactical position to battle it from.
The horrors of Nazi scientific research were perpetrated within the context of their horrific racial genocide.

Well... 62 million American children are the equivalent of 10 Nazi Holocausts.
And Black mothers were specifically targeted as easy to exploit and desirable to reduce in numbers.
Thunktank
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

ROE V WADE OVERRULED!

Post by Thunktank »

Del wrote: 28 Jun 2022, 05:24
Thunktank wrote: 27 Jun 2022, 22:02 An awful lot of happiness in this thread from you dudes.

I’m baffled.

I’m pretty sure there’s gonna be less sex going on now in some of your states. She gate keepers gonna lock that down tight for some poor fellas. No more love for you!

But some of you getting kinda old so probably not doing much of that anymore anyway, so party on CPS, party on! :twisted:
[I know your is tongue-in-cheek, and I'm laughing with you. I've composed a reply below, which is serious in tone because I (like every feminist comedienne) lack the skill to joke about abortion. But my heart is still laughing!]

Evolution (or God, if you prefer) designed humankind such that women have always been the gatekeepers of chastity (and thus a civilizing force over brutal men), until the invention of The Pill in the late 20th century. Then there was a sudden cultural shift, and a woman had to become sexually available to pretty much any man she wanted to have a relationship with. This has been extremely demeaning to the dignity of women.

Of course, there were those fuddy old backward Christians who still insisted that chastity was a virtue, sex was for marriage and children, and women deserved to be honored as more than mere playthings for men. But I digress....

Anyhow, the contraceptive mentality led quickly to the brutality of abortion. Now a woman had to consent to killing her own child to appease irresponsible men, often under severe pressure and coercion. A whole corporate industry formed to profit from this. And for fifty years under Roe, our government protected the abortion industry just as government had protected slave-owners for 250 years.

But Roe is gone now. Across a great swath of this nation, women are reclaiming some of their natural dignity. Abortion will be strongly regulated or abolished in most of the states. This is what strong women want, and men will not be able to abuse vulnerable women so easily.
In my experience women enjoy sex too! Your mileage may vary.

But yeah, using people for sex is nothing new, has always been with human kind and is practiced by both sexes. That will never change. Another thing that will never change is that many will mature and desire relations that are mutually responsible to each other and a desire to procreate. The ability to love and procreate is a wonderful thing. A very rational thing too.

I’m currently in Las Vegas. I just came back from a walk on the strip where I was solicited from a cowboy character who promised me a wild ride. Hey, I was just out to pick up a morning cup of coffee. But I’m in Vegas because my wife of 25 years and I are going to watch our oldest son compete in the National Olympic weight lifting competition today. It’s a great joy to see our children grow and become good men. My teenage sons were always taught to respect themselves and women, and they do.

But sex isn’t always in marriage for procreation. It isn’t always for procreation. And just because of that doesn’t mean it’s bad. A lot of old fashioned Christian men didn’t want people to enjoy sex even in marriage. I’ve read the church Fathers. It was widely believed that sex was only for procreation and rules put in place so that sex wasn’t enjoyed as much. They believed married women were dignified in child bearing primarily. That was not often empowering for them.
Del
Usher
Usher

ROE V WADE OVERRULED!

Post by Del »

Thunktank wrote: 28 Jun 2022, 10:27

I’m baffled.

But yeah, using people for sex is nothing new, has always been with human kind and is practiced by both sexes. That will never change. Another thing that will never change is that many will mature and desire relations that are mutually responsible to each other and a desire to procreate. The ability to love and procreate is a wonderful thing. A very rational thing too.

I’m currently in Las Vegas. I just came back from a walk on the strip where I was solicited from a cowboy character who promised me a wild ride. Hey, I was just out to pick up a morning cup of coffee. But I’m in Vegas because my wife of 25 years and I are going to watch our oldest son compete in the National Olympic weight lifting competition today. It’s a great joy to see our children grow and become good men. My teenage sons were always taught to respect themselves and women, and they do.

But sex isn’t always in marriage for procreation. It isn’t always for procreation. And just because of that doesn’t mean it’s bad. A lot of old fashioned Christian men didn’t want people to enjoy sex even in marriage. I’ve read the church Fathers. It was widely believed that sex was only for procreation and rules put in place so that sex wasn’t enjoyed as much. They believed married women were dignified in child bearing primarily. That was not often empowering for them.
I have no respect for a culture that tells young women they need to kill their children so that young men and young women are all free to indulge themselves like rutting animals. This is so new in human experience, we don't know how to process it. Emotional and mental illnesses are epidemic, not to mention homelessness and drug abuse. Lately, we see a runaway epidemic in gender identity disorders.

We have a lot to do to fix this sick society. And you live in parts of the country who have no will to do so.

I'm glad for middle America. We are like unshackled slaves now.
Thunktank
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

ROE V WADE OVERRULED!

Post by Thunktank »

Del wrote: 28 Jun 2022, 11:25
Thunktank wrote: 28 Jun 2022, 10:27

I have no respect for a culture that tells young women they need to kill their children so that young men and young women are all free to indulge themselves like rutting animals. This is so new in human experience, we don't know how to process it. Emotional and mental illnesses are epidemic, not to mention homelessness and drug abuse. Lately, we see a runaway epidemic in gender identity disorders.

We have a lot to do to fix this sick society. And you live in parts of the country who have no will to do so.

I'm glad for middle America. We are like unshackled slaves now.
Del, no, how about CPS, you are demonizing culture. You seem to think that we are all just F*%# around all the time. I read this thread and it’s mostly lashing out when it comes to those who aren’t celebrating the ruling.

I do not advocate screwing around like “animals” for whatever that means. Many animals just screw around for procreation. Humans often have sex for much more and many more reasons. It’s the church that insists that we do it like animals, just for procreation.

Like most people in our culture, I oppose most abortions on ethical grounds, I oppose abortions in late term entirely and the ugliness of partial birth abortions. We believe children are important to love and care for, and even plan for. We believe people, including women have value to themselves and society beyond carrying babies and nursing them. At the same time we work toward work environments that support parental leave, strong healthcare and good education. It’s very pro-life. We believe people who have enough support from others and society will often choose children and love them as I do. In fact there are countries in Western Europe that provide incentives for women to give birth and it works!

Abortion was born out of necessity and thanks to modern science, it has become much safer. It isn’t desired. It should be regulated, but not outright banned, just like guns. Because doing so is actually quite prolife. Contraceptives and mature, responsible behavior coupled with supportive healthcare, childcare and education are essential for strong families and fewer abortions.

The breath of human life is so important. The hope of desired pregnancy is a priceless joy to loving parents. But at the end of the day a woman must have the most say in bringing a fetus to it’s first breath. We can expect regulations against abortions that cause grave pain because we wouldn’t even treat animals with such contempt. But a child must be loved. It’s not always good to leave it to chance, and while we hope people choose responsibilities in sex, the world isn’t perfect even by our own standards.

I don’t really care what your Catholic beliefs are about families. You are free to believe them and live them. There is some good rational to most of it even by my judgment, but there is more than one good way. My way works for me.
DLJake
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent

ROE V WADE OVERRULED!

Post by DLJake »

Any human faced with this decision is in great fear, uncertainty, and despair. No one skips into Planned Parenthood and then clicks their heels like Mr. Bojangles and says, Yo, howdy! Gimme that abortion!

There are real people involved.

It's not a philosophic only argument anymore. It's not screaming arguments over "what if" among endless pundits on every flippin 'new media' outlet on the planet.

This reality ought bring to light massive support efforts for Crisis Pregnancy Centers and agencies that can assist this demographic that has had the rug pulled out from underneath them.

Don't care what side you are on. What do we do as a community in Christ now?

If those that stand with the high courts decision here don't do anything to help in the obvious results from such a decision are <zederated> <zederated> holes!

What will we do as a collective do to help?
Nothing destroys cowboy boots faster than mare's urine. - JimVH as published in Equine Quarterly September 2022
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

ROE V WADE OVERRULED!

Post by FredS »

Yes Jake, things are messy where the rubber hits the road. Some of us get so wrapped in the cause of the child that we forget there are other people along for that ride. Real people, real tough times, real tough choices. Scroll back up to coco's comments to see what he/we can do next. Gods grace is mighty, perhaps we can muster a little ourselves? Go back to the Church. They'll show you the way to help.

[EDIT]And remember, if you or someone you know has been in a horrible place and made regretfully difficult decisions, there is forgiveness in Christ. He'll get down here in the mess to lift us out if that's what we need and where we need Him.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Del
Usher
Usher

ROE V WADE OVERRULED!

Post by Del »

DLJake wrote: 28 Jun 2022, 17:27 Any human faced with this decision is in great fear, uncertainty, and despair. No one skips into Planned Parenthood and then clicks their heels like Mr. Bojangles and says, Yo, howdy! Gimme that abortion!

There are real people involved.

It's not a philosophic only argument anymore. It's not screaming arguments over "what if" among endless pundits on every flippin 'new media' outlet on the planet.

This reality ought bring to light massive support efforts for Crisis Pregnancy Centers and agencies that can assist this demographic that has had the rug pulled out from underneath them.

Don't care what side you are on. What do we do as a community in Christ now?

If those that stand with the high courts decision here don't do anything to help in the obvious results from such a decision are <zederated> <zederated> holes!

What will we do as a collective do to help?
First: DON'T PANIC!

This SCOTUS decision is not a crisis for anyone. Dems and their media are trying to flame this up into a campaign issue. They insist that women rely on abortion as much as cotton plantations relied on slavery, and this is something to get their base into the streets like George Floyd.

Truth is: Abortion clinics have been closing for decades, a small fraction of their heyday -- and no one has missed them. Care centers have been popping up by the thousands across the nation, as the pro-life movement has grown more numerous and sophisticated. We have been preparing for the end of Roe for a long time already.

I've got some quick data on Arizona, due to the violent outburst at their capitol.
From wikipedia:
The total number of abortion clinics in Arizona have been declining for years, going from thirty-seven in 1982 to twenty-eight in 1992 to nine in 2014. In 2014, there were 12,914 abortions in the state. The next year, there were 12,644 abortions.
As of last week, there were still just nine clinics. Meanwhile just a few abortionists travel around the state to visit those clinics one or two days a week -- doing procedures assembly-line style (lowest standard of healthcare possible, hardly "personal care").

Today, there are over 50 Care Centers in Arizona -- there were never that many abortion clinics. Care centers are much more personal and nimble than government programs, as each mother has personal concerns that frighten her.... relationship counseling, keeping a job, child care, housing, immigration concerns, special healthcare needs, lack of family support, legal problems, finances. Care centers partner with numerous other charities to find solutions.

Arizona is increasing funding to care centers.

Meanwhile, Planned Parenthood has been preparing a long time for this. They have built mega-clinics in blue states for abortion tourism. In red states, they are moving into the transgender therapy business -- there are always vulnerable people to exploit. They never cared about women, in the first place.

Next: WHAT WE CAN DO

Here is a good article for folks who want to help in a meaningful way that can still fit into our lives and budgets. If lots of people offer a little bit of time, talent, or treasure, we can make a huge contribution.

Four Ways The Pro-Life Movement Can Step Up In A Post-Roe World

If a guy has any sort of professional skills -- nurse, lawyer, dentist, tax preparer, plumber, mechanic, handyman -- contact a Care Center and offer some hours of pro-bono service.
Del
Usher
Usher

ROE V WADE OVERRULED!

Post by Del »

No majority in public opinion. Hmmm.....

Poll: Half of Voters Approve Supreme Court Ruling
Even though more voters identify as pro-choice than pro-life, full half of them approve of the recent Supreme Court ruling that overturned the 1973 Roe v. Wade decision.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 50% of Likely U.S. voters approve of the Supreme Court abortion ruling, including 38% who Strongly Approve of the decision, which means that each state can now determine its own laws regarding abortion. Forty-five percent (45%) disapprove of the Supreme Court’s new ruling, including 38% who Strongly Disapprove.