Happy 4th!

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Happy 4th!

Post by tuttle »

Hope you all had a good one. Ours was just fine.

Thankful for the many freedoms God has blessed us with.
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
Del
Usher
Usher

Happy 4th!

Post by Del »

Thunktank wrote: 04 Jul 2022, 20:27 I think the US Constitution is up for some amendments, Constitutionally of course. Times have changed, the culture has changed. But no doubt about it, it sure laid a good foundation that the whole free world has taken as their own in one form or another. Of course we cannot rule out the Magna Carta as equally foundational.

In the meantime, I’ll continue to celebrate the 4th with a Tri tip as I’m about to sit down and enjoy.
My butcher had some sweet looking tri-tips in the showcase. I bought one for the freezer.

I love this cut. It's a shame there's only two per steer.
Wosbald
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Happy 4th!

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+

Happy 4th!

:occasion-unclesam:

JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Happy 4th!

Post by JimVH »

I built a pew pew today to celebrate our freedoms.

We ate hotdogs and baked beans and will dive into some peach pie in a bit. Washed it all down with some Lone Star Light.

Happy Independence Day y’all.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Happy 4th!

Post by sweetandsour »

HIDY, like Jim said.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Happy 4th!

Post by Biff »

The 4th was SO yesterday...
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Happy 4th!

Post by FredS »

Our little mountain village celebrated it's 100th birthday over the weekend. Kids fishing derby, craft show, 5K run/walk, pancake breakfast, reading of names at the veterans memorial, and some awesome (public) fireworks we watched from our porch. Interestingly, we didn't hear any fireworks except what the POA shot off. I suppose we're all a bit more cautious of wildfires up there than in town. Plus, we're mostly old people.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Del
Usher
Usher

Happy 4th!

Post by Del »

My son's father-in-law "Mike" does a big fireworks party every year.

We were having a jolly time until a multi-mortar round tipped over. One shot flat to the north, flipping the cannon and shot a couple more to the south. We split up to stomp out fires started in the neighbors' lawns in both directions.

That's when the grandma's from both sides of the family came out waving their arms like referees and declaring, "NO MORE! IT'S OVER!"

Mike was a grumpy camper the rest of the evening.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Happy 4th!

Post by JimVH »

Del wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 13:26 My son's father-in-law "Mike" does a big fireworks party every year.

We were having a jolly time until a multi-mortar round tipped over. One shot flat to the north, flipping the cannon and shot a couple more to the south. We split up to stomp out fires started in the neighbors' lawns in both directions.

That's when the grandma's from both sides of the family came out waving their arms like referees and declaring, "NO MORE! IT'S OVER!"

Who’s a good boy!

“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Happy 4th!

Post by sweetandsour »

Del wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 13:26 My son's father-in-law "Mike" does a big fireworks party every year.

Sounds like y'all had a blast.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.