Happy 4th!

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Happy 4th!

Post by Biff »

Happy freedom day, Yanks! :happy-wavemulticolor: :flags-usa:

Ya, ya, I know it's not the fourth but it's the weekend right? Up here we're having Canada day weekend. It'll be a day of mourning as we grieve the loss of our once free nation.
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
Del
Usher
Usher

Happy 4th!

Post by Del »

Thanks, Biffrs!

This is certainly going to be a bittersweet Independence Day in Middle America. We are fighting back, winning hearts, gaining ground.... America ain't defeated yet!

Of course, the leftists still control the government, the mainstream news media, the entertainment media, public education, universities, the corporations, the military brass, medical policy leadership, the Federal Reserve, the billionaire class, the rioting rabble, .... I'm probably forgetting a few more.

It was looking pretty grim and hopeless for a while. But then Canada showed us.... how good-hearted, peaceful patriots can shut their whole political machine down with just a few trucks and some tractors.

Thanks, Canada! Happy Canada Day to all you freedom-loving patriots!

Ottawa bracing for Canada Day anti-government protests
OTTAWA (Reuters) - The first in-person Canada Day celebrations in three years on Friday will include a huge police presence and street closures throughout downtown Ottawa to prevent anti-government “freedom” protesters from disrupting the festivities.
I just love how Reuters put those scare quotes around freedom. Did any of them bother to scare quote "racial justice" during the BLM looting and riots?
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Happy 4th!

Post by Biff »

I spent the day working on my boat. Aahhhhhhh it was lovely.
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
Yohanan
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Happy 4th!

Post by Yohanan »

Thank You!!!, Wishing everyone a Safe, Peaceful, and Blessed Independence Day.
***Smoke What You Like, and Like What You Smoke, No Matter What Anyone Else Thinks!!!***
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Happy 4th!

Post by coco »

Happy Independence Day from the President and me!!!
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
DLJake
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent

Happy 4th!

Post by DLJake »

It was hot this afternoon. So the pup and I watched Blackhawk Down. That's a very long intense flick.

I was surprised they didn't show the news footage we all saw. Like at the end. So I went in search of. Seems a lot of news videos have been removed or my browser can't open them. I found one.

I was serving on Ft. Detrick at the time. We always had CNN on in the OPs center. Hard times.
Nothing destroys cowboy boots faster than mare's urine. - JimVH as published in Equine Quarterly September 2022
Thunktank
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Happy 4th!

Post by Thunktank »

We went to the Pancake Breakfast at the legion on the bay in Newport Beach. We rode our bikes there and around the area along with a few thousand others and had fun meeting new people and seeing old friends doing much the same thing. It’s our home town.
[hidden]
Image[/hidden]
Del
Usher
Usher

Happy 4th!

Post by Del »

America is the only nation in the world that is founded on a creed.
“America is the only nation in the world that is founded on a creed. That creed is set forth with dogmatic and even theological lucidity in the Declaration of Independence; perhaps the only piece of practical politics that is also theoretical politics and also great literature. It enunciates that all men are equal in their claim to justice, that governments exist to give them that justice, and that their authority is for that reason just. It certainly does condemn anarchism, and it does also by inference condemn atheism, since it clearly names the Creator as the ultimate authority from whom these equal rights are derived. Nobody expects a modern political system to proceed logically in the application of such dogmas, and in the matter of God and Government it is naturally God whose claim is taken more lightly. The point is that there is a creed, if not about divine, at least about human things.”
-- GK Chesterton

Image Image
Thunktank
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Happy 4th!

Post by Thunktank »

I think the US Constitution is up for some amendments, Constitutionally of course. Times have changed, the culture has changed. But no doubt about it, it sure laid a good foundation that the whole free world has taken as their own in one form or another. Of course we cannot rule out the Magna Carta as equally foundational.

In the meantime, I’ll continue to celebrate the 4th with a Tri tip as I’m about to sit down and enjoy.
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

Happy 4th!

Post by jmg »

Happy freaking freedom day, Americans! The principles upon which our great nation was founded, though not always properly adhered to, are about as perfect as an imperfect people can muster. Until the King of kings returns...
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden