Saving the Planet! It's for the children...

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
MrPiper
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by MrPiper »

I was just "warned" on another forum I frequent when I posted this to a thread about climate change :-)

As long as the power is available from the line to my house, and I have a job, I am not going to be too cold or hot. My swimming pool will be operating, I will not sit in the dark, the TV will be on, even when I am not at home, so the dog can enjoy it, and the outdoor security lights are all burning like xenon headlights. My power bill averages about $365. Half that in the dead of winter because I have gas heat, and almost double that right now because I don't like to be hot! I have already written a letter of apology to my great grand children for not having enough coal, oil or natural gas.

I also use aerosol deodorant.
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Post by Biff »

You could do better. You could burn plastic bags in your fire-pit.
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
Yohanan
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by Yohanan »

Energy Providers make money when the meters are "O" Spinning, you are helping to provide jobs for a much needed service, You are a good person trying to help the overall economy, You are everyone's Hero!!!
***Smoke What You Like, and Like What You Smoke, No Matter What Anyone Else Thinks!!!***
MrPiper
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by MrPiper »

You are all so kind and encouraging! I have missed CPS. I just got back from the big box store where I bought paper plates and styrofoam cups! I brought them all home in little plastic bags! :-)
After supper, I plan to burn all the waste in our fire pit outside! (along with some pieces of plastic lawn furniture that broke when the tree fell on my house last week.)
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

Large grocers in my city may no longer supply disposable plastic bags for customers to pack their groceries in. In addition, they must charge $0.10 per bag for paper bags. For the goddamn children.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Post by Biff »

MrPiper wrote: 01 Jul 2022, 18:14 You are all so kind and encouraging! I have missed CPS. I just got back from the big box store where I bought paper plates and styrofoam cups! I brought them all home in little plastic bags! :-)
After supper, I plan to burn all the waste in our fire pit outside! (along with some pieces of plastic lawn furniture that broke when the tree fell on my house last week.)
Truly epic & heroic. Well done, patriot. Well done.
MrPiper
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by MrPiper »

Biff wrote: 02 Jul 2022, 13:37
MrPiper wrote: 01 Jul 2022, 18:14 You are all so kind and encouraging! I have missed CPS. I just got back from the big box store where I bought paper plates and styrofoam cups! I brought them all home in little plastic bags! :-)
Truly epic & heroic. Well done, patriot. Well done.
Merica!

Happy 4th everyone! God me some fireworks too! Cause... carbon
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

MrPiper wrote: 01 Jul 2022, 15:42 I was just "warned" on another forum I frequent when I posted this to a thread about climate change :-)
The Ruling Orthodoxy will not tolerate being mocked, you blasphemous heretic!
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Post by Biff »

Del wrote: 03 Jul 2022, 10:45
MrPiper wrote: 01 Jul 2022, 15:42 I was just "warned" on another forum I frequent when I posted this to a thread about climate change :-)
Thus we should mock them all the more!
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

Biff wrote: 03 Jul 2022, 15:10
Del wrote: 03 Jul 2022, 10:45
Thus we should mock them all the more!
I mock them when I can. "Poke them in their dogmas," as Jordan Peterson says.

Mostly I just ignore them. You know.... walk into the store without a mask (ignoring the sign on the door). If somebody cares enough to tell me that I have to put on a mask, then I will decide how much I really want to be in that store. Most people like being ignored in this way, as they don't care about the sign on the door either.