Onyx...

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

Onyx...

Post by jmg »

Anyone have contact info for Onyx?
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden
Thunktank
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Onyx...

Post by Thunktank »

I briefly looked for the emails we exchanged some years back. No luck yet. I can’t remember the pertinent words I need to search for it. I hope I can figure it out because I would like to touch base with him again too.
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

Onyx...

Post by jmg »

Thunktank wrote: 04 Jul 2022, 21:46 I briefly looked for the emails we exchanged some years back. No luck yet. I can’t remember the pertinent words I need to search for it. I hope I can figure it out because I would like to touch base with him again too.
He took me out for a burger and a beer when my mom was in ICU in Brisbane. It was super cool to meet and hang out with him. He comes to mind from time to time and I'd like to drop him a "hello."

tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Onyx...

Post by tuttle »

I really enjoyed his perspective and how the conversation flowed when he was a major contributor to a conversation. Hope I get to talk to him again some day.
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Onyx...

Post by coco »

I miss Onyx.
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Onyx...

Post by Biff »

Who's Onyx?
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Onyx...

Post by FredS »

Biff wrote: 07 Jul 2022, 19:37Who's Onyx?
He was AFRS on the old site.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Onyx...

Post by sweetandsour »

Seemed like a nice guy, with good banter. I pray that he's doing ok.
Last edited by sweetandsour on 11 Jul 2022, 01:00, edited 1 time in total.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

Onyx...

Post by jmg »

sweetandsour wrote: 10 Jul 2022, 08:16 Truthfully, I haven't thought of Onyx as much as some others not on here, such as Wos, and some others whose names I can't immediately recall. There was a guy out in Fresno, and avid student of Chesterton, that always got winter jobs as ski instructor, autumn jobs at county fairs, and summer jobs at various parks or summer camps. Another guy, an old geezer cynic sort of guy in the UK that smoked strong tobacco and drank strong teas and ales, always posted interesting thoughts and cool pics of himself in his chair.

But anyway wrt Onyx, I seem to recall that his parents were Presbyterian missionaries, or Methodist perhaps, but he had fallen away, maybe not yet entirely. Seemed like a nice guy, with good banter. I pray that he's doing ok.
He spoke to me about his faith, but that is his story to tell so I'll let him do that, should he pop back by. Regardless, him coming to meet up with me while my mom was in the hospital there in Brisbane meant an awful lot. Wish we could make it happen again...the hangout, not my mom being sick.

DLJake
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent

Onyx...

Post by DLJake »

jmg wrote: 10 Jul 2022, 10:59
sweetandsour wrote: 10 Jul 2022, 08:16 Truthfully, I haven't thought of Onyx as much as some others not on here, such as Wos, and some others whose names I can't immediately recall. There was a guy out in Fresno, and avid student of Chesterton, that always got winter jobs as ski instructor, autumn jobs at county fairs, and summer jobs at various parks or summer camps. Another guy, an old geezer cynic sort of guy in the UK that smoked strong tobacco and drank strong teas and ales, always posted interesting thoughts and cool pics of himself in his chair.

But anyway wrt Onyx, I seem to recall that his parents were Presbyterian missionaries, or Methodist perhaps, but he had fallen away, maybe not yet entirely. Seemed like a nice guy, with good banter. I pray that he's doing ok.
He spoke to me about his faith, but that is his story to tell so I'll let him do that, should he pop back by. Regardless, him coming to meet up with me while my mom was in the hospital there in Brisbane meant an awful lot. Wish we could make it happen again...the hangout, not my mom being sick.
Yeah, he and I had lots of speaks over the years. Didn't get to have a pipe him, unfortunately.
Nothing destroys cowboy boots faster than mare's urine. - JimVH as published in Equine Quarterly September 2022