Two Friends Valle Crucis

Questions, Reviews, Storage, anything about `baccy
DLJake
Sunday School Superintendent

Two Friends Valle Crucis

Post by DLJake »

Tried this for the first time over the weekend. On my 4th bowl overall.
Red VA, Oriental forward with plenty of Latakia.
Excellent offering for this style of blend.
5 Stars on the Yummy Chart.
Nothing destroys cowboy boots faster than mare's urine. - JimVH as published in Equine Quarterly September 2022
Del
Usher
Usher

Two Friends Valle Crucis

Post by Del »

Fun story about this blend....

Back in 2011, the name Valle Crucis caught Cigarson's eye as it means "Valley of the Cross" in Latin.* He had to give it a try, and fell in love with it.

Around that time, he was also on a team planning a pilgrimage along El Camino de Santiago in Spain with Catholic students from U. Wisconsin. (Pipeson joined the group as well.) Valle Crucis was chosen as the hiking/piping blend for the troop. We stocked up.

I still have a couple of tins from that era, 8 oz & 2 oz.

*Tarler & Pease named the blend after the historic little town of Valle Crucis in North Carolina

Tobacco Reviews

A blend of fine stoved Virginia and Oriental tobaccos, rich Cyprian Latakia, black toasted cavendish and just a pinch of perique. The mixture is finished with a delicate top note of ginger, perfectly complimenting the complex flavors and wonderful aroma of the natural tobaccos. A subtle sweetness and gentle spice is present from first light to last puff, and a clean, dry ash demonstrates the tobaccos' purity.

Contents: Black Cavendish, Latakia, Oriental/Turkish, Perique, Virginia
Flavoring: Ginger
Cut: Ribbon
gaining_age
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Two Friends Valle Crucis

Post by gaining_age »

Is this where FredS jumps in again with "Indigo girls"?
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Two Friends Valle Crucis

Post by sweetandsour »

Del wrote: 12 Jul 2022, 06:24 Fun story about this blend....

Back in 2011, the name Valle Crucis caught Cigarson's eye as it means "Valley of the Cross" in Latin.* He had to give it a try, and fell in love with it.

Around that time, he was also on a team planning a pilgrimage along El Camino de Santiago in Spain with Catholic students from U. Wisconsin. (Pipeson joined the group as well.) Valle Crucis was chosen as the hiking/piping blend for the troop. We stocked up.

*Tarler & Pease named the blend after the historic little town of Valle Crucis in North Carolina

Tobacco Reviews

A blend of fine stoved Virginia and Oriental tobaccos, rich Cyprian Latakia, black toasted cavendish and just a pinch of perique. The mixture is finished with a delicate top note of ginger, perfectly complimenting the complex flavors and wonderful aroma of the natural tobaccos. A subtle sweetness and gentle spice is present from first light to last puff, and a clean, dry ash demonstrates the tobaccos' purity.

Jiminks gives it two stars on TR; a bit too much Nic hit for him I think. Probably the perique can be more than just a pinch, depending on the tin you get. But I wouldn't mind trying a 50gr tin with some age on it.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
Del
Usher
Usher

Two Friends Valle Crucis

Post by Del »

sweetandsour wrote: 12 Jul 2022, 07:42
Del wrote: 12 Jul 2022, 06:24 Fun story about this blend....

Tobacco Reviews

Jiminks gives it two stars on TR; a bit too much Nic hit for him I think. Probably the perique can be more than just a pinch, depending on the tin you get. But I wouldn't mind trying a 50gr tin with some age on it.
I'm holding a slightly swollen tin from 2006. Send me your address!
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Two Friends Valle Crucis

Post by FredS »

gaining_age wrote: 12 Jul 2022, 06:52 Is this where FredS jumps in again with "Indigo girls"?
Two friends. Like you and Goose. Not in a ghey way. I presume.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Hugo Drax

Two Friends Valle Crucis

Post by Hugo Drax »

FredS wrote: 12 Jul 2022, 08:17
gaining_age wrote: 12 Jul 2022, 06:52 Is this where FredS jumps in again with "Indigo girls"?
Two friends. Like you and Goose. Not in a ghey way. I presume.
That's what this place is missing. Goose.
Weenies are us.