GL Pease Embarcadero

Review your favorites here.
mcommini
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

GL Pease Embarcadero

Post by mcommini »

This board needs more posts. Here's one I think I posted to .net before, rescued from my tobaccoreviews.com account

The perfect Oriental/Virginia blend. This is my smoke when I've just gotten home from work and don't have to immediately run back out and can sit and ponder over my smoking experience. The Virginias are readily apparent upon lighting, with an orange taste predominating the initial smoke. As the smoke progresses, the Izmir takes hold, and one can taste hot chocolate with spiced rum with a generous dollop of marshmallow on the top.

On the practical side, take some of the loose tobacco and lay it out on a saucer as kindling. As is, the tobacco is moist and might take several relights if one rubs it out or practices the "fold and stuff" method. I prefer "fold and stuff" to fill 3/4 of a bowl with the loose tobacco let out to dry a day before sprinkled on the top. It loses none of the flavor and ensures that any halfway decent cadence keeps the bowl smoking from light until the bottom of the bowl.

Don't smoke this blend as an all day tobacco. Don't smoke this blend when riding around in a car. Don't smoke this blend while distracted by the cares of the world.

Smoke this blend when you have ample time to sit and appreciate the changing complexities. Pair it with some good classical music, a favorite drink, and a much read book that one enjoys but doesn't take all one's mental load.

In short- a great smoke when you have time focus entirely on the smoking experience.

Pipe Used: Comoy's Vintage Rhodesian

Age When Smoked: Newish
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

GL Pease Embarcadero

Post by sweetandsour »

I went through a tin of this a few years ago, pre-covid+, and even made up a song about it.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
michigander
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

GL Pease Embarcadero

Post by michigander »

mcommini wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 22:43 This board needs more posts. Here's one I think I posted to .net before, rescued from my tobaccoreviews.com account

The perfect Oriental/Virginia blend. This is my smoke when I've just gotten home from work and don't have to immediately run back out and can sit and ponder over my smoking experience. The Virginias are readily apparent upon lighting, with an orange taste predominating the initial smoke. As the smoke progresses, the Izmir takes hold, and one can taste hot chocolate with spiced rum with a generous dollop of marshmallow on the top.

On the practical side, take some of the loose tobacco and lay it out on a saucer as kindling. As is, the tobacco is moist and might take several relights if one rubs it out or practices the "fold and stuff" method. I prefer "fold and stuff" to fill 3/4 of a bowl with the loose tobacco let out to dry a day before sprinkled on the top. It loses none of the flavor and ensures that any halfway decent cadence keeps the bowl smoking from light until the bottom of the bowl.

Don't smoke this blend as an all day tobacco. Don't smoke this blend when riding around in a car. Don't smoke this blend while distracted by the cares of the world.

Smoke this blend when you have ample time to sit and appreciate the changing complexities. Pair it with some good classical music, a favorite drink, and a much read book that one enjoys but doesn't take all one's mental load.

In short- a great smoke when you have time focus entirely on the smoking experience.

Pipe Used: Comoy's Vintage Rhodesian

Age When Smoked: Newish
Nice review. This sounds like something I would enjoy.

I'm going to have to buy some the next time I place an order.
Hugo Drax
Sunday School Superintendent

GL Pease Embarcadero

Post by Hugo Drax »

sweetandsour wrote: 14 Jul 2022, 03:13 I went through a tin of this a few years ago, pre-covid+, and even made up a song about it.
I demand proof!
Weenies are us.
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

GL Pease Embarcadero

Post by sweetandsour »

Hugo Drax wrote: 31 Oct 2023, 20:11
sweetandsour wrote: 14 Jul 2022, 03:13 I went through a tin of this a few years ago, pre-covid+, and even made up a song about it.
I demand proof!
Man this was over a year ago. I don't recall the verse, but the tune was the same as the tune of the song that John Wayne and the attendant were singing in the shower scene in the movie Big Jake. So, that's all I got.

BTW, do you still read Gray's Sporting Journal? Take a look at the poem on the last page, if so, in the November 2023 issue.
Hugo Drax

GL Pease Embarcadero

Post by Hugo Drax »

sweetandsour wrote: 01 Nov 2023, 18:18
I demand proof!

Man this was over a year ago. I don't recall the verse, but the tune was the same as the tune of the song that John Wayne and the attendant were singing in the shower scene in the movie Big Jake. So, that's all I got.

BTW, do you still read Gray's Sporting Journal? Take a look at the poem on the last page, if so, in the November 2023 issue.
I do in fact, but I have not yet received the November issue. Did you write it?
Weenies are us.
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

GL Pease Embarcadero

Post by sweetandsour »

Hugo Drax wrote: 01 Nov 2023, 19:27
sweetandsour wrote: 01 Nov 2023, 18:18

I demand proof!

I do in fact, but I have not yet received the November issue. Did you write it?
Presuming that it indeed will be there, yes I did, about 3 years ago. And submitted it almost 2 years ago. I haven't seen a copy yet either. No need to hurry when sending stuff to magazines.