Seven Sins

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
MrPiper
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Seven Sins

Post by MrPiper »

You seem to be led to focus with intensity on sin rather than the Savior. That said, I would like to share an illustration:

Stand facing a clock with a second hand. Notice the hand sweep and count off the minutes.
Now turn around and face in the opposite direction.

You know the second hand is there but it is no longer your focus. You can not even see it. After a bit, it becomes less and less important to know exactly when the hand sweeps past a new minute.

You can NOT look at the clock and the other direction at the same time.

We must turn AWAY from sin and TOWARD the Savior.

This will begin the journey toward the life Jesus called us to. When we turn FROM sin, we are to turn TO the Bible and Prayer and Relationship with Jesus.

Please accept this in the love it was intended to convey.
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Seven Sins

Post by Biff »

MrPiper wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 04:55 You seem to be led to focus with intensity on sin rather than the Savior. That said, I would like to share an illustration:

Stand facing a clock with a second hand. Notice the hand sweep and count off the minutes.
Now turn around and face in the opposite direction.

You know the second hand is there but it is no longer your focus. You can not even see it. After a bit, it becomes less and less important to know exactly when the hand sweeps past a new minute.

You can NOT look at the clock and the other direction at the same time.

We must turn AWAY from sin and TOWARD the Savior.

This will begin the journey toward the life Jesus called us to. When we turn FROM sin, we are to turn TO the Bible and Prayer and Relationship with Jesus.

Please accept this in the love it was intended to convey.
:text-goodpost:
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada: