A handful of stuff

Where two or more are gathered in His name....
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

A handful of stuff

Post by tuttle »

Hugo Drax wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 14:53 Once there are enough big weights weighing a man down each additional pebble becomes unbearable.
Goodness that's an extremely apt metaphor. I'm always feeling like one little thing will send a bunch tumbling. I'm doing what I can to try and avoid the tiniest thing that could turn out to be the first domino; that unexpected car part or fix around the house or whatever new burden that crops up, etc.

Thanks for the metaphor. It helps me see things better.

And thanks for the prayers everyone!
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
Hugo Drax
Sunday School Superintendent

A handful of stuff

Post by Hugo Drax »

This has been weighing on my mind, Tuttle. I think you're wise trying to avoid the pebbles right now. Being a man means there are certain very heavy stones on you that just can't be shifted: family responsibilities, work responsibilities, etc. We were made for them and we still function fine. But the pebbles, they're what stone us to death. Believe it or not, the pebble that's killing me right now is the increasing level of rudeness I see in my hometown, which is pretty funny because I'm not exactly genteel!

Problem is that when I get overwhelmed, I always try to take control rather than rest in Jesus. I think that I can fix things. Well, I can't and it's not until I once again submit that a way out is found from above. Literally every single time. I'm the pot that thinks he can do better than the Potter.

Anyway, this isn't about me. I wanted you to know that i was praying for you and us and instead this comes out. Sorry. I'm not in your boat but we're all ships at sea, brother.

Praying.
Weenies are us.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

A handful of stuff

Post by FredS »

Hugo Drax wrote: 22 Jul 2022, 08:31 Being a man means there are certain very heavy stones on you that just can't be shifted . . . I'm not in your boat but we're all ships at sea, brother.
This is what our fathers never showed us - at least mine didn't. Looking back, it may or may not have been a good idea. I suppose it's mostly good not to let the family see the struggles of the father. But not seeing them lead me to think I was doing it wrong - why is this so much more difficult for me than it was for him? Short answer . . . it's not.

Praying for Rich and Paul in particular, and all the CPS fathers in general.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

A handful of stuff

Post by jmg »

Hugo Drax wrote: 22 Jul 2022, 08:31 This has been weighing on my mind, Tuttle. I think you're wise trying to avoid the pebbles right now. Being a man means there are certain very heavy stones on you that just can't be shifted: family responsibilities, work responsibilities, etc. We were made for them and we still function fine. But the pebbles, they're what stone us to death. Believe it or not, the pebble that's killing me right now is the increasing level of rudeness I see in my hometown, which is pretty funny because I'm not exactly genteel!

Problem is that when I get overwhelmed, I always try to take control rather than rest in Jesus. I think that I can fix things. Well, I can't and it's not until I once again submit that a way out is found from above. Literally every single time. I'm the pot that thinks he can do better than the Potter.

Anyway, this isn't about me. I wanted you to know that i was praying for you and us and instead this comes out. Sorry. I'm not in your boat but we're all ships at sea, brother.

Praying.
It's been remarked a number of ways, but what you said made me think of this: "Big sea, little boat...dear God, be good to me. The sea is so wide and my boat is so small."
Last edited by jmg on 22 Jul 2022, 15:49, edited 1 time in total.
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden
michigander
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

A handful of stuff

Post by michigander »

Praying for you.

Kent
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

A handful of stuff

Post by coco »

Praying
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

A handful of stuff

Post by JimVH »

Still lifting.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
Hugo Drax

A handful of stuff

Post by Hugo Drax »

JimVH wrote: 23 Jul 2022, 11:03Still lifting.
Indeed. Remembering y'all right now. And that goes for you and Jim and Rita and the Piper's and Bloodhound's home and JmG, and GaininAge's brother and any and all of you.

Life is tough and then you die. But then it gets amazingly better!
Weenies are us.
Jocose
Usher
Usher

A handful of stuff

Post by Jocose »

FredS wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 11:35 That's heavy Rich. Praying for strength, wisdom, and rest as you work your way through all this junk and for His provision.

Thanks for calling on your friends here. We're not supposed to do life alone. You're not alone.
The views expressed here are either mine or not my own, not sure.
The opinions expressed here may or may not be my own.
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

A handful of stuff

Post by tuttle »

Just to follow up on some of this stuff:
tuttle wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 11:25 Finances are seemingly a never ending issue. I lost my job earlier this year and have been scrambling ever since. Now I'm working two jobs day and night and still not making as much as I used to with just the one. I'm constantly keeping my eyes out for a new job .... I'm in the middle of taking an insurance licensing course which might lead to a possible job
I didn't get the insurance job. Still thankful for the income I have, but straight up it's not enough. I'm afraid if I don't find some more income, the wheels are gonna start falling off. Doing a hefty bit of robbing Peter to pay Paul and deadlines for Peter keep getting shorter. If I could find a job that pays even just a bit more than my current full time job it would at least provide some breathing room.
tuttle wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 11:25 ...It's probably pride speaking but ....
Still have major pride issues. I got pretty personal about my situation just above and deleted it. I can't even bear opening up that way to brothers who've had my back for years.
tuttle wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 11:25 My little Arwen is 12. Many of you have been praying for her for her whole life! Nothing world shattering concerning her but there are surgeries upcoming both scheduled and not yet in her future...
She had a surgery not long after this and recovery was crazy tough. Way harder for her than expected. However she's currently doing great. She's walking more than she's done in a good while and we have plans to have her start some physical therapy to strengthen her even more. Pray that all goes well.
tuttle wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 11:25 On a lighter and more positive front, I was in an auto crash earlier this year that wasn't my fault and it's getting close to when the insurance company offers a settlement. Pray it's big bucks! :lol:
Well, it wasn't big bucks :lol: , but it did help a little.
tuttle wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 11:25 Also, I don't really want to get into the details but I've obtained a lawyer for issues regarding my previous job loss. Slow going but praying for a good outcome.
Still going slow, but things are in motion.
tuttle wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 11:25 Just felt burdened to share this with someone where it resulted in prayer rather than just griping!
Felt that burden again, thus, the update. I'm prone to griping. Thanks fellas.
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion