A handful of stuff

Where two or more are gathered in His name....
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

A handful of stuff

Post by tuttle »

I don't know about you all but sometimes when troublesome life issues crop up it seems like they come in bunches. Like waves crashing on the shore. The last few years have had some big ol waves, and we've been able to endure, but lately over the last year or so, the waves have been crashing more frequently. There's been a quiet period, maybe the longest we've had in a spell, or maybe we're just used to enduring stuff that we've lost notice of some things (which can be a blessing, you know?). Point is, I see the breakers not too far off and I've got the feeling it'll hit land soon.

I feel some of this might sound a little complainy and I know folks are worse off but I know God answers prayer and you all have truly been there for me and mine in loads of ways. I don't know what I'm saying other than I trust you guys. I'm gonna share some things I don't share with others.

Finances are seemingly a never ending issue. I lost my job earlier this year and have been scrambling ever since. Now I'm working two jobs day and night and still not making as much as I used to with just the one. I'm constantly keeping my eyes out for a new job that would increase income but I find I keep hitting a wall (and let's face it, I'm smashed tired at the end of the day...which sometimes starts before 6:30 and lasts til after 10pm). I'm in the middle of taking an insurance licensing course which might lead to a possible job but its taking all I have not to gouge my eyes out and remind myself that I'm doing it because I love my family. (Secret time: I dread passing the test for fear I might get a job I hate. Just reading the course work makes me want to punch the screen. Sorry if you love insurance sales, but damn man. I feel guilty about feeling that way because it might be a path that helps us financially, and it's not like I have a whole lot of time to really seek out a more appealing job...). I turn 40 in a couple days and it feels like I'm starting from scratch again, only this time with a family, mortgage, medical bills...

And we've been so blessed by family and friends during this time that I feel horrible for still being in a bad predicament. It's probably pride speaking but I hate always being the receiver and not the giver. It hits me square as a father and husband.

My little Arwen is 12. Many of you have been praying for her for her whole life! Nothing world shattering concerning her but there are surgeries upcoming both scheduled and not yet in her future and everything that that entails (which is a lot). And on top of her issues, another daughter, Willow, was diagnosed last year with a condition that drs agree should be operated on at some point. It's a chiari (I don't know how to spell it) malformation. Nothing horrid other than creating more space at the back of her skull for her brain :shock: I don't know. They act like it's no big deal, but I know better. That's a big deal. Anyway we've been blessed to not have to deal with that immediately.

On a lighter and more positive front, I was in an auto crash earlier this year that wasn't my fault and it's getting close to when the insurance company offers a settlement. Pray it's big bucks! :lol:

Also, I don't really want to get into the details but I've obtained a lawyer for issues regarding my previous job loss. Slow going but praying for a good outcome.

Finally, a little silly, but out of nowhere an opportunity fell into my lap to write a song for a pretty cool documentary project. Nothing is guaranteed, things are still in verbal discussions, but a request has been made so I need to get crackin. Pray I find time and God blesses it all.

There's more but that's enough. Just felt burdened to share this with someone where it resulted in prayer rather than just griping!
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

A handful of stuff

Post by FredS »

That's heavy Rich. Praying for strength, wisdom, and rest as you work your way through all this junk and for His provision.

Thanks for calling on your friends here. We're not supposed to do life alone. You're not alone.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

A handful of stuff

Post by sweetandsour »

Praying, Rich.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

A handful of stuff

Post by JimVH »

Praying, bud.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
MrPiper
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

A handful of stuff

Post by MrPiper »

Thank you for letting us join you in Prayer. I am committing your family to prayer daily.
Hugo Drax
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent

A handful of stuff

Post by Hugo Drax »

Rich, that's a ton of stuff. Once there are enough big weights weighing a man down each additional pebble becomes unbearable.

Love you and praying for you and with you. Going to let the Holy Spirit find some words for me on this one, too. You're in the books for daily prayer.

Thanks for including me and letting me pray for you.
Weenies are us.
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

A handful of stuff

Post by Bloodhound »

Hugo Drax wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 14:53 Rich, that's a ton of stuff. Once there are enough big weights weighing a man down each additional pebble becomes unbearable.

Love you and praying for you and with you. Going to let the Holy Spirit find some words for me on this one, too. You're in the books for daily prayer.

Thanks for including me and letting me pray for you.
...amen
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

A handful of stuff

Post by jmg »

sweetandsour wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 11:43 Praying, Rich.
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden
gaining_age
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

A handful of stuff

Post by gaining_age »

FredS wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 11:35 That's heavy Rich. Praying for strength, wisdom, and rest as you work your way through all this junk and for His provision.

Thanks for calling on your friends here. We're not supposed to do life alone. You're not alone.
Amen!

and praying
joegoat
The Naughty Grand Poobah
The Naughty Grand Poobah

A handful of stuff

Post by joegoat »

Praying!
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (When all else fails, play dead)