Changes...Nothing stays the same

Even cigar smokers are welcome here.
MrPiper
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by MrPiper »

Come visit here. I haven't smoked in a while but you all can. We can shoot pool and tell lies too!
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Bloodhound »

Several years ago, I went to Chicago, and the hotel where my wifes conference was being held was 1 block and a 1/2 from Iwan Ries, I didn't have wheels so I couldn't go visit Del, or Winton, but I did have a friend who had recently retired from CPD and he met me for an afternoon of smoking at IR...I paid the Smoking Room fee...his was $10 for the day. I got the 3 day pass for $20...but I looked at it like, "How often am I going to get to smoke at Iwan Ries?"
Additionally the guy that helped me in the shop, helped me find an estate IR pipe for cheap, and kept bringing me samples of tobacco and cigars and adult beverages...I got way more than $30 worth out of it.

A few years ago I took my grand daughter to Baltimore and while she was in class, I went to a small shop and had to pay $5 to smoke, but the guy gave me a great discount on their remaining stock (5) of Chillin Moose cigars.

It will be my goal to smoke with as many of you as possible when I get retired. 8-)
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

Bloodhound wrote: 19 Aug 2022, 10:32 It will be my goal to smoke with as many of you as possible when I get retired. 8-)
I have a long list of CPS guys whom I have enjoyed smoking with in person. It's a wonderful hobby.

Any time I travel the country, I reach out to any CPS folks in the area and meet up.
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

Post by jmg »

Del wrote: 19 Aug 2022, 12:27
Bloodhound wrote: 19 Aug 2022, 10:32 It will be my goal to smoke with as many of you as possible when I get retired. 8-)
I have a long list of CPS guys whom I have enjoyed smoking with in person. It's a wonderful hobby.

Any time I travel the country, I reach out to any CPS folks in the area and meet up.
Albeit short, I sure did enjoy hanging out with you and your bride.
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

jmg wrote: 19 Aug 2022, 13:25

That was fun! Smoke shop, barbecue joint.... Must do it again. I want to see the homestead next time.
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Post by coco »

I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

Post by jmg »

Del wrote: 19 Aug 2022, 13:31
jmg wrote: 19 Aug 2022, 13:25

That was fun! Smoke shop, barbecue joint.... Must do it again. I want to see the homestead next time.
Open invitation.
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden
Hugo Drax
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent

Post by Hugo Drax »

Same goes for Pittsburgh. I expect to hear from any of you when you're within driving distance.
Weenies are us.
Yohanan
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by Yohanan »

So I'm guessing, The More it Changes, The More it Stays the Same, will not jive with the Original Thread Title???

--Josephat Hemingway
***Smoke What You Like, and Like What You Smoke, No Matter What Anyone Else Thinks!!!***
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

jmg wrote: 19 Aug 2022, 14:11 Open invitation.
Hugo Drax wrote: 19 Aug 2022, 17:09 Same goes for Pittsburgh. I expect to hear from any of you when you're within driving distance.
My, oh my! I have news for you guys!

Our friend in Florida wants us to plan a visit in October. This will take us right through Jackson. We're hanging out in the kitchen and I'm learning some southern cooking. Tell me what kinds of cheese we need.

Weekend of November 12, there is a Chesterton conference in Rochester, NY. We might normally power-drive through Cleveland, but where's the fun in that? There are some opportunities for a slight detour through Pittsburgh.

As God as my witness, you will be afflicted! And there will be a reckoning.