Changes...Nothing stays the same

Even cigar smokers are welcome here.
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Bloodhound »

I stopped into a semi-local shop this afternoon...I used to go in and sit and have a nice smoke...the prices were a little high, but the atmosphere was wonderful with comfy leather chairs and big screen TVs and good company. Used to have a retired former Pro Basketball player that worked there...he has passed on and they have a snotty kid managing, they have soaps on the TVs and the prices are double for every stick in the shop...RP Edge $14.95 :o

I used to visit another shop that had a barber in the back and you could get a cigar and a haircut...the shop sold to a big company the barber is gone and they replaced all the chairs with tables and it has become a Hipster hang out...

Another shop that I liked has changed ownership, (the owner passed away suddenly) and they only stock pipe tobacco that is flavored and high priced cigars...it is now run by Hipsters that would rather see you buy and leave...they started charging for using the smoking room...$10 for the day pass

good times...but now in the past...
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

Post by jmg »

Come down here and you come hang out with me at the Country Squire. Since it moved (two doors down) it's changed quite a bit as well...much larger cigar crowd. However, it had to adapt or financially it wasn't going to make it. Still a LOT of pipes and pipe tobacco though. Still a great place to hang out.
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Post by sweetandsour »

Man that's too bad. The Marriot patio ain't a bad spot though for a sip and a smoke when the wind and weather cooperates.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

The shops still surviving around me have gone membership. If you want to smoke and hang out you have to pay for the privilege. It’s a shame. I spent nearly 20 years frequenting the same shop and spent a lot of money there. One day they moved down the road to a new yuppie neighborhood and they suddenly didn’t know me anymore. I just can’t get my head around spending money to belong.

There’s always an extra chair open in my driveway and it won’t cost you a dime (most of you, anyway). Y’all come on by.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
GaryInVA
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by GaryInVA »

My local shop charges a $10 ashtray fee if you don't buy a cigar to smoke there or are not a member.

In 23 days we close on a house with a side porch to smoke on. Also have an alley behind the house so I can hang out with the crew Hank Hill style. Yup.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

GaryInVA wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 09:56 Also have an alley behind the house so I can hang out with the crew Hank Hill style. Yup.
Bad. Ass.

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Bloodhound »

JimVH wrote: 02 Aug 2022, 22:10 The shops still surviving around me have gone membership. If you want to smoke and hang out you have to pay for the privilege. It’s a shame. I spent nearly 20 years frequenting the same shop and spent a lot of money there. One day they moved down the road to a new yuppie neighborhood and they suddenly didn’t know me anymore. I just can’t get my head around spending money to belong.

There’s always an extra chair open in my driveway and it won’t cost you a dime (most of you, anyway). Y’all come on by.
Will there be Shiner Beer
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

Bloodhound wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 11:04
JimVH wrote: 02 Aug 2022, 22:10 The shops still surviving around me have gone membership. If you want to smoke and hang out you have to pay for the privilege. It’s a shame. I spent nearly 20 years frequenting the same shop and spent a lot of money there. One day they moved down the road to a new yuppie neighborhood and they suddenly didn’t know me anymore. I just can’t get my head around spending money to belong.

Only on days that end in Y.

Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Bloodhound »

JimVH wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 11:07

:dance:
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
GaryInVA
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by GaryInVA »

Bloodhound wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 11:10
JimVH wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 11:07

:dance:
I'm ordering some Alamo beer coozies to go over my Shiners when partaking in the before mentioned alley. Yup.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein