Why would anyone vote for Donald Trump?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

Troubadour wrote: 21 Aug 2022, 14:13
Del wrote: 12 Aug 2022, 17:51
"Most" is a bit of hyperbole. But she made it evident (with her "deplorables" remark) that she has a disgustingly low opinion of Red State America. We are all just a bunch of "haters" -- racist, sexist, Islamophobic, homophobic, xenophobic -- and we are beneath her.
Yes, and "we" have a disgustingly low opinion of her and them. Touche, I guess.

Not even mentioning the arbitrariness of electing to self-identify with ambiguous terms such as "average" or "Red state Americans" to begin with when such terms could just as well electively be non-identified with - particularly if they're just predicated on a person's lack of education on voting demographics beyond the limited "red/blue" dichotomy to begin with.
It's a problem for Trump voters everywhere. Democrat zealots won't hire us, work with us, or talk to us. Many of us have lost friends and family. CPS has lost Thunktank and Uncle Bob.
And "we" won't talk to "them", unless we absolutely must, per Ann Coulter et all.
Could you dumb this down to my level, please? I can't make sense of what you're trying to say.

I don't follow Ann Coulter (and I especially don't follow what the regime media say about her), so I don't get the reference.

We call ourselves "Red State Americans," and we know what we mean. Why do you think this reflects "lack of education on voting demographics"? Who told you that? Our media talk a great deal about voting demographics. We track polls. We study maps.

2016 map of Hillary's Deplorables.
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

Troubadour wrote: 21 Aug 2022, 14:52
Del wrote: 21 Aug 2022, 14:47
Troubadour wrote: 21 Aug 2022, 14:13
Yes, and "we" have a disgustingly low opinion of her and them. Touche, I guess.

Not even mentioning the arbitrariness of electing to self-identify with ambiguous terms such as "average" or "Red state Americans" to begin with when such terms could just as well electively be non-identified with - particularly if they're just predicated on a person's lack of education on voting demographics beyond the limited "red/blue" dichotomy to begin with.

And "we" won't talk to "them", unless we absolutely must, per Ann Coulter et all.
Could you dumb this down to my level, please? I can't make sense of what you're trying to say.

I don't follow Ann Coulter (and I especially don't follow what the regime media say about her), so I don't get the reference.

We call ourselves "Red State Americans," and we know what we mean. Why do you think this reflects "lack of education on voting demographics"? Who told you that? Our media talk a great deal about voting demographics. We track polls. We study maps.

"Red" merely means that if 49% percent of the state voted blue, and the remaining 51% voted Red, that it would be unilaterally labeled a "red state" by individuals who don't know anything about demographics beyond the outcome of presidential elections.

Or that a decidedly blue city or county in an otherwise "red" state - or vice versa - would be painted with the same broad brush as the rest of the state. Such as how, in the state of NY, for example, the "blueness" is more or less primarily accounted for solely by the voting habits of one city (NYC) while treating the entire rest of the state as nonexistent.

Based on that map of counties you posted, it looks like the majority of New York, and a huge portion of California is actually red, despite them being considered heavy "blue states". So if I live in upstate New York, does that make me a "red state American" because the majority of upstate New York is red, or does that make me a "blue stater" since NYC is heavily blue and accounts for more of the votes than the entirety of upstate New York does?

Or if I live in Austin, Texas - which is a heavily blue city, does that still make me a "red stater" since most of the rest of the state votes red?
"Red State" has become a name for a common set of conservative values, much like "MAGA." "Red State" also carries the notion that these values are shared by neighbors and communities across vast swaths of geography.

Upstate New York is "Red State," and they suffer under a Blue State regime. Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Oregon too. Lots of states are controlled by a few Democrat cities, who suck life and resources from the rest of the state with no net benefit to anyone but the Democrat Party oligarchs.

The Red State narrative (which I happen to believe is truth) is that when Red State voters are able to establish a MAGA Republican regime, then everyone prospers -- including Democrat-voting communities and non-white communities. Texas, Florida, and Tennessee are shining examples. Arizona is working hard to join this list.

There are currently no fine examples of cities or states thriving under Democrat regimes. Not to mention American life under the Biden Administration.

Austin, TX (your home?) and Madison, WI (mine) are examples of mid-size cities that thrived on liberal weirdness -- mostly due to the many resources sucked from our states to enrich our universities. Madison is in rapid decline due to spike in violent crime -- repeat offenders, lax prosecution, weakened police. It's not safe anymore, stores are closing, jobs are leaving, and I avoid going into the city.

I hope Austin is still doing well.
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

Troubadour wrote: 21 Aug 2022, 15:50
Del wrote: 21 Aug 2022, 15:28
Troubadour wrote: 21 Aug 2022, 14:52
"Red" merely means that if 49% percent of the state voted blue, and the remaining 51% voted Red, that it would be unilaterally labeled a "red state" by individuals who don't know anything about demographics beyond the outcome of presidential elections.

Or that a decidedly blue city or county in an otherwise "red" state - or vice versa - would be painted with the same broad brush as the rest of the state. Such as how, in the state of NY, for example, the "blueness" is more or less primarily accounted for solely by the voting habits of one city (NYC) while treating the entire rest of the state as nonexistent.

Based on that map of counties you posted, it looks like the majority of New York, and a huge portion of California is actually red, despite them being considered heavy "blue states". So if I live in upstate New York, does that make me a "red state American" because the majority of upstate New York is red, or does that make me a "blue stater" since NYC is heavily blue and accounts for more of the votes than the entirety of upstate New York does?

Or if I live in Austin, Texas - which is a heavily blue city, does that still make me a "red stater" since most of the rest of the state votes red?
"Red State" has become a name for a common set of conservative values, much like "MAGA." "Red State" also carries the notion that these values are shared by neighbors and communities across vast swaths of geography.

Upstate New York is "Red State," and they suffer under a Blue State regime. Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Oregon too. Lots of states are controlled by a few Democrat cities, who suck life and resources from the rest of the state with no net benefit to anyone but the Democrat Party oligarchs.

The Red State narrative (which I happen to believe is truth) is that when Red State voters are able to establish a MAGA Republican regime, then everyone prospers -- including Democrat-voting communities and non-white communities. Texas, Florida, and Tennessee are shining examples. Arizona is working hard to join this list.

There are currently no fine examples of cities or states thriving under Democrat regimes. Not to mention American life under the Biden Administration.

Austin, TX (your home?) and Madison, WI (mine) are examples of mid-size cities that thrived on liberal weirdness -- mostly due to the many resources sucked from our states to enrich our universities. Madison is in rapid decline due to spike in violent crime -- repeat offenders, lax prosecution, weakened police. It's not safe anymore, stores are closing, jobs are leaving, and I avoid going into the city.

I hope Austin is still doing well.
Right, the somewhat-cliche populist narrative about "common people" dominated by "oligarchs" is nothing new, and is pretty much identical to the narrative which is being fed to the "common democratic voters" about the "right-wing oligarchs" in the Supreme Court or the Electoral College overriding the wishes of "the people".
I don't care about whether narratives are "new" or "old" or "populist" or "media-driven." We are striving to suss out what is "true."

And as specific narratives grow in ringing true with voters in counties and states, we'll see this in how they vote in elections.

Just enough people got fooled by the narrative that Trump was "extreme" and "authoritarian," and "Biden will be moderate." Now that voters are feeling the pain and our memories are fresh, it will be some delicious popcorn to watch what happens.
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

Troubadour wrote: 21 Aug 2022, 22:31
Del wrote: 21 Aug 2022, 16:40 I don't care about whether narratives are "new" or "old" or "populist" or "media-driven." We are striving to suss out what is "true."

And as specific narratives grow in ringing true with voters in counties and states, we'll see this in how they vote in elections.
Yeah, but that's just pragmatism, and doesn't convince that the narratives have substance.
I'm in favor of pragmatism, and we all have a duty to determine the substance.

In plain English -- Let's see what is true.

You mentioned demographics.... One story that I am following with great interest is the change in preference among Black and Hispanic voters. In 2020, both groups voted for Trump in greater numbers than Democrats expected. In 2022, Republicans are looking to see even bigger gains among working-class minorities.

Here's the "narrative": Urban Black voters are being hurt by high crime and lax prosecution by Democrat DA's. Hispanic voters in border states are begging for the restoration of border enforcement. They want less wokeness and more education in their schools. And everyone -- but especially those of low-income demographics -- want to see lower fuel prices restored and an end to inflation. They want Trump-era policies back.

So we'll see in a few weeks if this narrative is true.
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Post by coco »

Biden cause free money duh
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
gaining_age
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by gaining_age »

coco wrote: 24 Aug 2022, 17:52 Biden cause free money duh
I don't know why previous presidents haven't done that before-- it's genius! Executive order $$$$ for certain demographics! wooohoo!
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Post by coco »

gaining_age wrote: 24 Aug 2022, 18:20
I don't know why previous presidents haven't done that before-- it's genius! Executive order $$$$ for certain demographics! wooohoo!
People like Can he do that Duh Hes the President So he can do whatever he wants
gaining_age
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by gaining_age »

coco wrote: 24 Aug 2022, 18:39
gaining_age wrote: 24 Aug 2022, 18:20
People like Can he do that Duh Hes the President So he can do whatever he wants
Brilliant!

coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Post by coco »

Biden has protected the freedom of Americans by canceling the Keystone pipeline, requiring masks, halting the expansion of immigration enforcement, and limiting gun rights. Now he has even given us an infallible litmus test to discover who is a fascist and who is not. If you believe in making America great again, you are fascist.

Guess where that puts Trump? Gotcha now, CPS conservatives.
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

coco wrote: 26 Aug 2022, 13:23 Biden has protected the freedom of Americans by canceling the Keystone pipeline, requiring masks, halting the expansion of immigration enforcement, and limiting gun rights. Now he has even given us an infallible litmus test to discover who is a fascist and who is not. If you believe in making America great again, you are fascist.

Guess where that puts Trump? Gotcha now, CPS conservatives.
If I were a fascist dictator, I would cancel debts to appease the privileged class and earn their favor. No legislation; I'd just declare it one day before the last elections.

I'd make all the workers pay for it, because they pay for everything. I'd spread it out so they feel it all at once. People forget so quickly.