How to deal with non smokers

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

Bloodhound wrote: 15 Aug 2022, 10:43 I was smoking my pipe when I heard 2 loud voices of women walking on the path thru the greenbelt. As they came to the gate that leads from my yard to the greenbelt, they both started "Fake Coughing" and hacking like they were near death...clearly fake coughs. I raised my pipe to them and nodded and said, "Well bless your hearts" They quit the fake coughing and one of them said "he clearly only cares about himself...how rude".
It's always the ladies isn't it? Like your neighbors who are/were offended so they beat around the bush knowing you'd hear or the blunt lady Ehter dealt with. With just a little trepidation of using Del's Broad Brush™ I'll say that most men are more willing to live and let live (as long as one isn't a threat to their family) and just move on. It may also be the case than men realize being a such priss opens them to a punch in the nose if they happen to 'confront' the one man in a thousand who reacts in such ways.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Bloodhound »

It seems that the ladies in this neighborhood are extra involved in "running things". Last Thursday when I went to bring in the trash cans after the trash company had been thru, there was a note on my can lid. It said the trash is normally collected between 8 and 10 AM so if you work from home, we would suggest that you have your trash cans put away by 11AM...it was 11:45...

This is not in the HOA rules or posted anywhere(other than my trash can)...After the cans were put away, I got in the car and drove around the neighborhood to see if notes were left for other people....sure enough 2 blocks away 2 women with a note pad walking around trying to decide if that resident was home or not, if they still had trash cans out. I drove back to the house. I thought about lots of responses...but decided to ignor them...Bless their hearts...
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
mcommini
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by mcommini »

Bloodhound wrote: 15 Aug 2022, 11:13 It seems that the ladies in this neighborhood are extra involved in "running things". Last Thursday when I went to bring in the trash cans after the trash company had been thru, there was a note on my can lid. It said the trash is normally collected between 8 and 10 AM so if you work from home, we would suggest that you have your trash cans put away by 11AM...it was 11:45...

This is not in the HOA rules or posted anywhere(other than my trash can)...After the cans were put away, I got in the car and drove around the neighborhood to see if notes were left for other people....sure enough 2 blocks away 2 women with a note pad walking around trying to decide if that resident was home or not, if they still had trash cans out. I drove back to the house. I thought about lots of responses...but decided to ignor them...Bless their hearts...
There's times I take a malicious glee in having the only house on the block that's not in the HOA. And a good fire place for any would be fines
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

Post by jmg »

Bloodhound wrote: 15 Aug 2022, 11:13 It seems that the ladies in this neighborhood are extra involved in "running things". Last Thursday when I went to bring in the trash cans after the trash company had been thru, there was a note on my can lid. It said the trash is normally collected between 8 and 10 AM so if you work from home, we would suggest that you have your trash cans put away by 11AM...it was 11:45...

There's no way I could live in an HOA neighborhood. Outside the city limits for me. Or the jungle...either is fine.
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Bloodhound »

My preference would be to have a few acres and be outside the city limits...but with my job, I don't have time or the energy to take care of a couple of acres. As it is for now, is the way it is, so I will not run over the note pad trash ladies and I will continue to smoke my pipe on my patio.
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
Ether
Sunday School Student

Post by Ether »

Ether wrote: 14 Aug 2022, 14:20 My wife gifted me this absolutely cool can of cigars.

14652_43048_82746.jpg

Currently we are on vacation with a few other Christian families. Outside the house there is a big patio. In the evening me and Mrs Ether went outside to drink beer and watch the stars. I lit up a cigar.

On the other table, about 20 feet away, some older lady asked in a rather rude manner if I planned to smoke here. I told her that I wouldn't come anywhere near her. She said she can't have it and left immediately without even giving any chance to talk or resolve the situation otherwise.

Never happened to me before and I wasn't prepared to cause such a strong reaction given the fact, that it happened outdoors :think:
Today the lady apologized for her behaviour.

She told me to see somebody smoking triggers unresolved father wounds in her 💔 and lets temper rule over reason.
I, too, apologized for having been too slow to react adequately.

Ladies (?) and gentlemen: how to spot miracles in everyday life.

Thank you for contributing your perspectives everyone.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

Dang man. What a touching story.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Hugo Drax
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent

Post by Hugo Drax »

FredS wrote: 18 Aug 2022, 07:55 Dang man. What a touching story.
What an extraordinary lady. I screw up a bunch and usually only figure it out too late to correct anything. She's got a good handle on herself.

Prayers her way. I hope I don't damage my kids like that.
Weenies are us.