Daughter's recovery

Where two or more are gathered in His name....
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Daughter's recovery

Post by tuttle »

My daughter had some surgery monday to remove some staples from her knees. She was supposed to be able to leave same day. Instead she's still there. Her left leg is having some issues with movement and we're not sure why. Drs and nurses are sort of acting like she'll get over it, but without any real indication of what they think is going on. There was some mention that a delay in reaction could be due to the use of a tourniquet, but no one is confirming how long such a delay might take. Or if that's even normal (one nurse said she'd never seen anything like that one day, then acted like it was okay the next...what?)

I don't know what to think, whether it's nerve damage as the result from something from the surgery, or if we're being over precautious and she'll be fine in a day or two. I just know that she's not where she should be and we're just trying to figure it out with an increasingly belligerent hospital staff.

My wife has been with my daughter at the hospital dealing with all of it. I've had to work the entire time and I'm going nuts.

Things are always in flux but I think, regardless of improvement or not, that she'll be back home today.

Please pray for her to improve, that this isn't serious or long lasting, and for my wife's sanity and courage. My brain is sort of in a shut down mode...I'm trying to think through options if this is some sort of damage where an actual loss of movement has occurred, but it's incredibly hard to bring myself to think that way yet. Kid has spina bifida and has a limited function to begin with. All of these ortho surgeries have been aimed to increase and/or maintain that function...I can't imagine going through all of that just to have something like this set so many things backwards.

Please pray
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Daughter's recovery

Post by sweetandsour »

Praying, tuttle.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Daughter's recovery

Post by FredS »

prayed
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
GaryInVA
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Daughter's recovery

Post by GaryInVA »

Will be praying for you and your family.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Daughter's recovery

Post by tuttle »

Wife just had a conversation with the doc. He thinks might be quad dysfunction which (after googling) seems to be a reasonable assumption, and seems somewhat common after knee surgeries. Kind of pissed they didn't say anything about that til now and he acted like my wife was pretty dumb and irrational for not knowing something like that (even though they were the ones who brought up the tourniquet and acted like nothing was wrong). But whatever, we're used to arrogant surgeons. He said he'll come back to check on her physically later to make a further assessment. Really hoping this is the culprit because my mind was contemplating some awful possibilities.

Still no quad firing, but she'll leave today and I assume she'll have some physical therapy to help reengage the muscle.
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Daughter's recovery

Post by JimVH »

Ever prayerful for that child. Y'all, too.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
Hugo Drax
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent

Daughter's recovery

Post by Hugo Drax »

JimVH wrote: 17 Aug 2022, 08:56 Ever prayerful for that child. Y'all, too.
Well said.
Weenies are us.
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Daughter's recovery

Post by Hovannes »

Praying.
MrPiper
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Daughter's recovery