Nice blast...

Pipe & Hardware discussions
joegoat
The Naughty Grand Poobah
The Naughty Grand Poobah

Nice blast...

Post by joegoat »

jmg wrote: 29 Aug 2022, 21:46
joegoat wrote: 29 Aug 2022, 21:12 Looks like it comes with a partially smoked bowl of tobacco for you to finish up on arrival.
One can hope.
Ring grain blasts are the best blasts though! Great find!
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (When all else fails, play dead)
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Nice blast...

Post by Bloodhound »

jmg wrote: 23 Aug 2022, 15:07 I've never been a man of much financial means, but I also have, "*champagne taste on a beer budget*," as they say. So, I've tried to make a game of finding cheaper brand pipes that break the "cheap" mold. This doesn't happen often, but I've got a few Grabows, Wally Franks, etc. that have some pretty spectacular grain, shaping, and whatnot. A couple days ago I was able to pick up this "Pipe de Roi" (never heard of it before) for 20 bucks, and while not much to write home about on any front other than the blast, that one aspect is pretty dang nice. Shaping isn't bad though. It will need some cleaning up, but should do fine. It's coming from the Ukraine, so here's hoping it actually makes it.

*It's really not that I like expensive things. I just like well made things, and they tend to be expensive.
Did this pipe arrive yet? I bought a Stanwell 11 from the same region a few years ago, it came in just about 2 weeks time, but as I said it was a couple of years ago
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

Nice blast...

Post by jmg »

Bloodhound wrote: 06 Sep 2022, 13:11
jmg wrote: 23 Aug 2022, 15:07 I've never been a man of much financial means, but I also have, "*champagne taste on a beer budget*," as they say. So, I've tried to make a game of finding cheaper brand pipes that break the "cheap" mold. This doesn't happen often, but I've got a few Grabows, Wally Franks, etc. that have some pretty spectacular grain, shaping, and whatnot. A couple days ago I was able to pick up this "Pipe de Roi" (never heard of it before) for 20 bucks, and while not much to write home about on any front other than the blast, that one aspect is pretty dang nice. Shaping isn't bad though. It will need some cleaning up, but should do fine. It's coming from the Ukraine, so here's hoping it actually makes it.

*It's really not that I like expensive things. I just like well made things, and they tend to be expensive.
Did this pipe arrive yet? I bought a Stanwell 11 from the same region a few years ago, it came in just about 2 weeks time, but as I said it was a couple of years ago
No news on the tracking since Aug. 23. But the original "arrive by" date was Sept. 13. We'll see.
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Nice blast...

Post by Bloodhound »

jmg wrote: 06 Sep 2022, 21:17

No news on the tracking since Aug. 23. But the original "arrive by" date was Sept. 13. We'll see.

Fingers crossed
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

Nice blast...

Post by jmg »

Bloodhound wrote: 07 Sep 2022, 10:13

Fingers crossed
It made it to NY today.

Hugo Drax
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent

Nice blast...

Post by Hugo Drax »

jmg wrote: 07 Sep 2022, 17:35
Bloodhound wrote: 07 Sep 2022, 10:13

Fingers crossed
It made it to NY today.
Nice. Its only a week ago.
Weenies are us.
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Nice blast...

Post by Bloodhound »

While you are waiting for your new to you pipe, here are a couple of pics of my two ring grained blasted pipes.

The top one is my Turner pipe. I think that was made before Simeon got his blast cabinet so I believe he blasted it at another maker's shop. You can see on this pipe where my thumb rests when I smoke it...starting to get smoothed out some.

The bottom pipe is a Wally Frank, that sweet&sour sent me when he was my Secret Santa a few years ago. If I remember correctly he had sent it off to JMG to blast it and bring out the ring grain.
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Nice blast...

Post by Biff »

No talk of tannerite, I am disappoint.
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

Nice blast...

Post by jmg »

Bloodhound wrote: 16 Sep 2022, 11:57 While you are waiting for your new to you pipe, here are a couple of pics of my two ring grained blasted pipes.

The top one is my Turner pipe. I think that was made before Simeon got his blast cabinet so I believe he blasted it at another maker's shop. You can see on this pipe where my thumb rests when I smoke it...starting to get smoothed out some.

The bottom pipe is a Wally Frank, that sweet&sour sent me when he was my Secret Santa a few years ago. If I remember correctly he had sent it off to JMG to blast it and bring out the ring grain.
I remember that Wally Frank. That's been quite a few years back.

jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

Nice blast...

Post by jmg »

I received the pipe from the Ukraine yesterday. All in all, it's in pretty decent shape, but will take a fair amount of cleaning. I am very pleased with the blast...even better in person.