Christmas Pipes

Pipe & Hardware discussions
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Christmas Pipes

Post by FredS »

Bloodhound wrote: 25 Aug 2022, 15:24 Its that kind of thinking that got a Reddington Classic Trout Flyrod delivered to my office last week... :D
You'll love it. I have a 4wt that drops dries like feathers. No less an expert than durangopipe recommends them, and that dude has owned a few rods in his lifetime.

JimVH wrote: 25 Aug 2022, 16:37
FredS wrote: 25 Aug 2022, 15:01 I say if you're not strapped financially, you should buy what you like when you see it. You've been at this long enough to know what you like and what is a decent price. FFS it's just a pipe, not your retirement villa.
Indeed.

I bought it about five minutes after my first post. Just enjoying talking about something besides trump and casual sex.
Gotcha. Nice move. Talking about casual sex with middle aged + white guys has lost it's appeal for me too.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Christmas Pipes

Post by sweetandsour »

FredS wrote: 26 Aug 2022, 06:02
Bloodhound wrote: 25 Aug 2022, 15:24 Its that kind of thinking that got a Reddington Classic Trout Flyrod delivered to my office last week... :D
You'll love it. I have a 4wt that drops dries like feathers. No less an expert than durangopipe recommends them, and that dude has owned a few rods in his lifetime.

FredS wrote: 25 Aug 2022, 15:01 I say if you're not strapped financially, you should buy what you like when you see it. You've been at this long enough to know what you like and what is a decent price. FFS it's just a pipe, not your retirement villa.
Indeed.

I bought it about five minutes after my first post. Just enjoying talking about something besides trump and casual sex.
Gotcha. Nice move. Talking about casual sex with middle aged + white guys has lost it's appeal for me too.
Seems like the guys that don't want to talk about casual sex are doing a lot of talking about casual sex. I miss 'ol Durango-fisherman-piper (Steve), he'd jump all over me for making that comment. "There you go again, Tim, being glib and facile!" Hey, sometimes it's fun being glib and facile.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
Del
Usher
Usher

Christmas Pipes

Post by Del »

FredS wrote: 26 Aug 2022, 06:02 Gotcha. Nice move. Talking about casual sex with middle aged + white guys has lost it's appeal for me too.
I just realized that I have never had casual sex with a middle-aged white guy.

And as far as I know, neither has anyone else.

Not even women.

I don't want to talk about it.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Christmas Pipes

Post by JimVH »

Peterson continues with its classy, dignified approach and disappointing lack of Christmas gaud. Some shapes come in a rusticated version, also.
Attachments
Peterson Christmas 22.jpg
Peterson Christmas 22.jpg (525.46 KiB) Viewed 1448 times
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
GaryInVA
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Christmas Pipes

Post by GaryInVA »

JimVH wrote: 01 Sep 2022, 09:21 Peterson continues with its classy, dignified approach and disappointing lack of Christmas gaud. Some shapes come in a rusticated version, also.
Great, I started looking at Christmas pipes. Then Peterson pipes. Now I need every iteration of the 999 shape.

Thanks Jim.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Christmas Pipes

Post by JimVH »

GaryInVA wrote: 01 Sep 2022, 13:46
JimVH wrote: 01 Sep 2022, 09:21 Peterson continues with its classy, dignified approach and disappointing lack of Christmas gaud. Some shapes come in a rusticated version, also.
Great, I started looking at Christmas pipes. Then Peterson pipes. Now I need every iteration of the 999 shape.

Thanks Jim.
It's what I do.

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Christmas Pipes

Post by Bloodhound »

Indeed.

So do you wait till Christmas to smoke this new pipe, or can it be smoked prior to Christmas...like maybe the day after Thanksgiving while the wife is doing the black friday Shopping?
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Christmas Pipes

Post by JimVH »

Bloodhound wrote: 14 Sep 2022, 12:55
Indeed.

So do you wait till Christmas to smoke this new pipe, or can it be smoked prior to Christmas...like maybe the day after Thanksgiving while the wife is doing the black friday Shopping?
I usually put them in the rotation before Christmas to start breaking it in. I think last time I started after Halloween.

GaryInVA
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Christmas Pipes

Post by GaryInVA »

JimVH wrote: 14 Sep 2022, 22:11
Bloodhound wrote: 14 Sep 2022, 12:55
Indeed.

I usually put them in the rotation before Christmas to start breaking it in. I think last time I started after Halloween.
I'm going to buy a Christmas pipe this year. I'm looking for a Collins Street fruitcake flavored tobacco to smoke in it. Low carb of course.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein
SlowToke
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Christmas Pipes

Post by SlowToke »

Ooooooo.....that half bent billiard speaks to me. I have a Savinelli Duca Carlo in that shape that is an awesome smoker and a beautiful pipe.