This thread needs a poll
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Cigars vs pipes?

Post by Biff »

tuttle wrote: 11 Apr 2022, 13:31 This thread needs a poll
Hmm that's a bit too reasonable and sensible for these part, pardner.
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
Sir Moose
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Cigars vs pipes?

Post by Sir Moose »

I enjoy the pipe more, but smoke the cigars more. They are way more convenient at work and pipe tobacco is such a pain in the tookus to get around here.
joegoat
The Naughty Grand Poobah
The Naughty Grand Poobah

Cigars vs pipes?

Post by joegoat »

As long as I'm not buying pipes, I smoke pipes more regularly because it's cheaper. I do love a good cigar though. I'd say I'm 95/5.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (When all else fails, play dead)
Lvacgar
Sunday School Student

Cigars vs pipes?

Post by Lvacgar »

Good points. Like you, I'm 90/10 pipe/cigar. Cigars are stupid expensive up here: $30 for a good stick. I also agree with the flavour nuance thing. So the reason for my go-to is: price, then flavor.
[/quote]

$30 eh?? Crazy! How much is an average tin of tobacco or ounce of bulk pipe tobacco? How is your access to tobacconists? How (un)friendly are folks regarding your hobby? Can you smoke pipes outside?
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Cigars vs pipes?

Post by Biff »

Lvacgar wrote: 17 Apr 2022, 12:31
Lvacgar wrote: 17 Apr 2022, 12:31 Good points. Like you, I'm 90/10 pipe/cigar. Cigars are stupid expensive up here: $30 for a good stick. I also agree with the flavour nuance thing. So the reason for my go-to is: price, then flavor.
$30 eh?? Crazy! How much is an average tin of tobacco or ounce of bulk pipe tobacco? How is your access to tobacconists? How (un)friendly are folks regarding your hobby? Can you smoke pipes outside?
Tins, pouches, depends on brand. but they are running north of $40.
Something like 'Solani' is around $70

There are a handful of tobacconists but most of the them have turned into head / vape shops for economy I would imagine.. Most people who see me out and about w/ my pipe are positive. Those that comment anyway. It's usually "I remember uncle___, Grandpa, Dad,...... used to smoke a pipe and it was so nice." You know, that kind of thing. Yes we smoke pipes outside. I ignore the dirty looks I sometimes get & I really don't care. It's like those who wear a mask in a car alone. Their opinion is worth what it cost.

I usually get my `baccy online from the US. Far better prices & usually doesn't get stopped @ the border.
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Cigars vs pipes?

Post by Bloodhound »

I enjoy a good cigar, but my wife hates them and the smell of a good cigar lingers...so more pipes say Pipes 97% and Cigars 3%. Then when I start thinking about the cost of Cigars vs Pipes, and there is no question...Pipes are the hands down winner. As I said I do enjoy a cigar, I really do relax more with a pipe and its more gear forward so that appeals to me as well.
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Cigars vs pipes?

Post by Bloodhound »

Update:

I discovered 2 cigars I bought last fall and put in my locker case. I will re-fresh the moisture...they are not bad now...I will enjoy them on my next fishing trip
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
Hugo Drax
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent

Cigars vs pipes?

Post by Hugo Drax »

Depends on the time of year. During the winter, 100% of my private smoking is pipe smoking. In the shop, I have to sample cigars pretty frequently for obvious reasons, but a cigar just doesn't taste the same outside in the winter. By contrast, cigars are delightful in hot and humid conditions and the ratio changes the other way in summer. Almost no pipes smoked.
Weenies are us.