Grit

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Hugo Drax
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent

Grit

Post by Hugo Drax »

mcommini wrote: 27 Aug 2022, 14:46
Hugo Drax wrote: 27 Aug 2022, 09:16
mcommini wrote: 27 Aug 2022, 08:52

How about leftover grits, the next day, battered and fried and cut into some sticks, drizzled with maple syrup?
I am unfamiliar with the concept of "leftover grits."
Fair enough. My grandmother was unfamiliar with the concept of "cooking less than enough for everyone to get their fill, and then some."
Oh, definitely. But it's a food that I will forego other options to eat. I'd skip the eggs to eat the grits. Polenta is another food of which I can eat disturbing amounts.
Weenies are us.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Grit

Post by JimVH »

jmg wrote: 26 Aug 2022, 20:50 Also...if we are talking eating grits, eat them how you like. But real grits are pretty much equal parts grits and butter topped with salt and pepper. Sugar needs to leave the chat.
How about leftover grits, the next day, battered and fried and cut into some sticks, drizzled with maple syrup?
This speaks well of you. Fried grits are a favorite food of my childhood. Sometimes battered, sometimes not.

For the uninitiated, the SPAM can is the ideal molding vessel for this approach.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Grit

Post by sweetandsour »

JimVH wrote: 27 Aug 2022, 16:22
jmg wrote: 26 Aug 2022, 20:50 Also...if we are talking eating grits, eat them how you like. But real grits are pretty much equal parts grits and butter topped with salt and pepper. Sugar needs to leave the chat.
This speaks well of you. Fried grits are a favorite food of my childhood. Sometimes battered, sometimes not.

For the uninitiated, the SPAM can is the ideal molding vessel for this approach.
Interesting vortex. I've never had fried grits, as far as I know. Never have cared for runny grits, either, though. I've always liked for the grits to be sturdy enough to be somewhat molded with my fork on the plate, at least with a depression to hold gravy. Sausage, grits, and gravy. And a biscuit. Now that's a country breakfast.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.