Weight Loss

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Weight Loss

Post by JimVH »

A similar thread on the old site helped me during my last weight loss effort. I've gained back a few and got back on the wagon a few days ago. Any and all input welcome.

I started back at 250. The first few days have just been protein and veggies. The carb cravings were gone within the first couple of days and I'm starting to adjust my intake slowly. My activity is up, but mostly walking. I need to seek some guidance before working out much. There's not much of me that's not somehow jacked-up or injured right now.

I weigh in tomorrow.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Weight Loss

Post by Biff »

Good luck. I'm down 25 lbs.

Keto mostly & intermittent fasting.
This was quite the eye opener: https://www.amazon.com/Diabetes-Code-Pr ... 1771642653
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
Hugo Drax
Sunday School Superintendent

Weight Loss

Post by Hugo Drax »

202 July 1st. Hovering at the 179-180 lb mark today.

Knocked out eating between meals and cut the size of those meals drastically, activity level remained the same.

It can be done.
Weenies are us.
ChildOfGod
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Weight Loss

Post by ChildOfGod »

I'm starting out right where you are @JimVH. I had dropped a hundred pounds in total but since the start of the pandemic 30 lbs has slowly crept back on. A HUGE complication, for me, is that I'm no longer able to run. Running was my therapy and my weight management tool. It's gone, and I'm out of sorts for the past 6 months or so.

I can, and do bicycle, and I lift weights pretty rigorously: My usual 20 mile bike ride burns 1200 calories and yesterday's leg workout burned 980 calories. But either of these activities seems to leave me more hungry in the evening which is devastating to my diet. I do these 'cause I know they're good for me, and I enjoy them, but they haven't translated directly into weight loss.

Running a 10K or more made me almost sick to my stomach, such that I ate a lot less on running days. I had total control if I ran. Running 20 miles a week was magical for weight loss.

It's the evening that kills my diet. I'm golden in the daytime - I have a good plan and stick too it. After dinner... not so much. It's like I become a different person who doesn't care about his weight.

Keep it up @JimVH! I'm root'n for ya.
Wishing you God's very best!
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Weight Loss

Post by FredS »

ChildOfGod wrote: 30 Sep 2022, 08:00 It's the evening that kills my diet. I'm golden in the daytime - I have a good plan and stick too it. After dinner... not so much. It's like I become a different person who doesn't care about his weight.
+1

I'm trying intermittent fasting - eating only between noon and 8p. Not doing so well on the after 8 fasting but I'm down 5lbs in the last few weeks. My problem is compounded by bad sleep habits. Nights when I'm in bed by 10p are the nights I do best.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Hugo Drax

Weight Loss

Post by Hugo Drax »

Not going to tell anyone else what works for them, but I can say drinking a shizzload of black coffee and water between meals definitely helps. As a noted local ectomorph, I'm rather used to the sensation of a full belly. Keep it full of things that have no calories and eventually you get used to consuming less.

After dinner comes the killer hours. Black tea for me.

Best of luck to you all. I'm afraid that I'll put it back on over the winter.
Weenies are us.
Jocose
Usher
Usher

Weight Loss

Post by Jocose »

Well done mr Van Halen! Keep at it.
The views expressed here are either mine or not my own, not sure.
The opinions expressed here may or may not be my own.
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Weight Loss

Post by Biff »

Hugo Drax wrote: 30 Sep 2022, 09:52 Not going to tell anyone else what works for them, but I can say drinking a shizzload of black coffee and water between meals definitely helps. As a noted local ectomorph, I'm rather used to the sensation of a full belly. Keep it full of things that have no calories and eventually you get used to consuming less.

After dinner comes the killer hours. Black tea for me.

Best of luck to you all. I'm afraid that I'll put it back on over the winter.
Your stomach will shrink, making it easier to keep full. Plan now for your empty, dark winter days and when the come, you'll be ready.
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
GaryInVA
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Weight Loss

Post by GaryInVA »

Down 30 since Christmas. Been following an antiinflammatory diet. Cut way back on any white carb (rice, flour, sugar, potatoes) and almost no beef. Also no artificial sweeteners.
Last edited by GaryInVA on 01 Oct 2022, 04:18, edited 1 time in total.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein
Sir Moose
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Weight Loss

Post by Sir Moose »

FredS wrote: 30 Sep 2022, 09:45
ChildOfGod wrote: 30 Sep 2022, 08:00 It's the evening that kills my diet. I'm golden in the daytime - I have a good plan and stick too it. After dinner... not so much. It's like I become a different person who doesn't care about his weight.
+1

I'm trying intermittent fasting - eating only between noon and 8p. Not doing so well on the after 8 fasting but I'm down 5lbs in the last few weeks. My problem is compounded by bad sleep habits. Nights when I'm in bed by 10p are the nights I do best.
I used that exact technique starting last summer. I'm down about 70 lbs. but I've been plateaued for the last few months. I may need to kick it up with a few longer fasts scattered in here and there. Stick with it. You'll get there.