Weight Loss

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Jocose
Usher
Usher

Weight Loss

Post by Jocose »

Mmm, I just had a chocolate donut. I normally do not eat sweets but today was an exception.
The views expressed here are either mine or not my own, not sure.
The opinions expressed here may or may not be my own.
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.
GaryInVA
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Weight Loss

Post by GaryInVA »

GaryInVA wrote: 30 Sep 2022, 12:22 Down 30 since Christmas. Been following an antiinflammatory diet. Cut way back on any white carb (rice, flour, sugar, potatoes) and almost no beef. Also no artificial sweeteners.
Plus no fried stuff.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Weight Loss

Post by JimVH »

Week One
-5.1 lbs and my fasting blood sugar is down to 104 (-26 pts).

Nice start, long way to go. I’m not focused on the rate of loss, just changing habits. But, if I could sustain a loss of 1-2 pounds a week for a while I’d be happy.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
Hugo Drax
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent

Weight Loss

Post by Hugo Drax »

JimVH wrote: 01 Oct 2022, 09:14 Week One

Nice start, long way to go. I’m not focused on the rate of loss, just changing habits. But, if I could sustain a loss of 1-2 pounds a week for a while I’d be happy.
Changing habits will sustain a 2 lb per week weight loss for longer than you'd think. Amazing the amount of wasted calories I was dumping into my body.

Great start!
Weenies are us.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Weight Loss

Post by JimVH »

Hugo Drax wrote: 01 Oct 2022, 09:16

Changing habits will sustain a 2 lb per week weight loss for longer than you'd think. Amazing the amount of wasted calories I was dumping into my body.

Great start!
I noticed that this week. There’s so much unhealthy crap laying around at home and work all the time that it became an unconscious act to just stuff things in my face.

My doc told me something else that helped, too. She said don’t chase my weight, chase my blood sugar. The weight will follow.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
GaryInVA
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Weight Loss

Post by GaryInVA »

JimVH wrote: 01 Oct 2022, 09:23

Great start!
I noticed that this week. There’s so much unhealthy crap laying around at home and work all the time that it became an unconscious act to just stuff things in my face.

My doc told me something else that helped, too. She said don’t chase my weight, chase my blood sugar. The weight will follow.
It really does get easy after a while off the junk. My new job had donuts for everyone Friday morning and pizza for lunch. I respectfully declined both.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Weight Loss

Post by Biff »

GaryInVA wrote: 01 Oct 2022, 18:21
JimVH wrote: 01 Oct 2022, 09:23

Great start!

It really does get easy after a while off the junk. My new job had donuts for everyone Friday morning and pizza for lunch. I respectfully declined both.
Yep. Then you miss the junk. Then you realize that junk calories are poison.
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
ChildOfGod
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Weight Loss (JimVH is becoming a sexy beast)

Post by ChildOfGod »

Appropriate thread title update: Weight Loss (JimVH is becoming a sexy beast)
Wishing you God's very best!
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Weight Loss

Post by tuttle »

Look at all you sexy beasts.

Changing habits is the hardest part in my estimation. I've found that, for me at least, when I need to change or start something I have success when I begin extremely small and done daily (or however often). The smaller the better to begin with. Make it easy to do and do it every day and don't skip it. This will begin forming your new habit and also helping you achieve success immediately. It will also motivate you eventually to push it further once you've 'mastered' the easy step. The next step can be easy too, just more than the first. Always remember it's a journey. We're walking, not sprinting. Small steps will still get you there.
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Weight Loss (JimVH is becoming a sexy beast)

Post by Biff »

ChildOfGod wrote: 04 Oct 2022, 06:56 Appropriate thread title update: Weight Loss (JimVH is becoming a sexy beast)
What do you mean 'becoming'?
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada: