Hither Came Del

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Hither Came Del

Post by tuttle »

I got to spend a splendid afternoon with Del on Saturday. I brought one of my kids (Arwen!) and he brought one of his (pipeson!)

We ate, we drank, we smoked.

Our Lord has graced Del with what I believe to be among the greatest virtues of a Christian: He is enormously generous and jolly.

Here's Arwen engaging in a longtime CPS tradition: giggling at Del's ignorance when he's talking about something you know more about.

"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Hither Came Del

Post by sweetandsour »

Great pics, thanks for posting! Always great to meet up with Del. I've had the pleasure only once, in downtown Madison.

BTW, nice place!
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Hither Came Del

Post by FredS »

nice
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Del
Usher
Usher

Hither Came Del

Post by Del »

That was an awesome afternoon! Gorgeous weather.... great food. Tuttle found Arcadian Moon Winery, a delightful mix of fancy and homey. We spent about four hours together, and felt like no time at all.

It was great meeting with Mrs. Tuttle and Arwen! Arwen is such an awesome 12-year-old kid. A real wizard with that Rubik's Cube.

It turns out that tuttle lives in a small town well outside of Kansas City, just a few minutes from my sister and her husband's farm. We're going to have to introduce everybody and get together more often.
=================================

Next week, I am headed down to the Florida panhandle with Mrs. Del to visit a friend who recently retired there. Our route takes us right past coco's home.... we'll try to accomplish another meet-up!
MrPiper
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Hither Came Del

Post by MrPiper »

CPS is a great fellowship! Thanks for the pics and the post and for being ambassadors
Del
Usher
Usher

Hither Came Del

Post by Del »

My family doesn't take pictures. I didn't realize how much I look like Santa Claus.

Scary Santa Claus.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Hither Came Del

Post by FredS »

Del wrote: 03 Oct 2022, 10:34 My family doesn't take pictures. I didn't realize how much I look like Santa Claus.

Scary Santa Claus.
Ha! My youngest daughter met tuttle once when she was perhaps 13 or 14 years old. She later called him Scary Jesus.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Hither Came Del

Post by Bloodhound »

I have looked and looked at these pics, but I see no one wearing a kilt, so I suspect they may have met up with someone who looks a bit like Del...but it could not have been Del... :whistle:
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
Del
Usher
Usher

Hither Came Del

Post by Del »

Bloodhound wrote: 03 Oct 2022, 11:48 I have looked and looked at these pics, but I see no one wearing a kilt, so I suspect they may have met up with someone who looks a bit like Del...but it could not have been Del... :whistle:
There's a 15-lb barrier standing between Del and his kilt.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Hither Came Del

Post by JimVH »

Del wrote: 03 Oct 2022, 12:13
Bloodhound wrote: 03 Oct 2022, 11:48 I have looked and looked at these pics, but I see no one wearing a kilt, so I suspect they may have met up with someone who looks a bit like Del...but it could not have been Del... :whistle:
There's a 15-lb barrier standing between Del and his kilt.
No need to brag.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix