FBI targeting Pro-lifers

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

FBI targeting Pro-lifers

Post by tuttle »

"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

FBI targeting Pro-lifers

Post by Hovannes »

Satanic stuff.
The DOJ ain't what she used to be
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

FBI targeting Pro-lifers

Post by FredS »

tuttle wrote: 06 Oct 2022, 06:13 The majority of churches in America aren't ready.
Ready for what?
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

FBI targeting Pro-lifers

Post by jmg »

Our executive branch is becoming a political tool to intimidate any opposition.
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

FBI targeting Pro-lifers

Post by tuttle »

FredS wrote: 06 Oct 2022, 16:20
tuttle wrote: 06 Oct 2022, 06:13 The majority of churches in America aren't ready.
Ready for what?
Well for one thing, all the things I linked. Are churches even contemplating the idea that the expression of some of their beliefs will one day be illegal?

During COVIDtide how many churches closed or changed how they worship because the government told them to? A lot of them. I say that not to derail this thread, but how many churches, for fear of cultural or government-sponsored reprisal, would rather fall in line and even cast people like the pro-life Christians currently being arrested as the bad guys, like many of them did with the churches that remained open during COVID?

I'm not always right on prognosticating, but the progress of our culture really isn't that hard to read. I recall a time when a handful of us CPSers on the old site were ridiculed for thinking the legalization of SSM would open the door to legal polygamy and pedophilia.

These latest arrests, not to mention the way in which they're carried out, are meant to keep the hem-hawing Christians in line. Stay in your corner. Don't do anything offensive in public. You don't want to be labeled as some sort of Christian Nationalist or Religious Extremist do you?
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

FBI targeting Pro-lifers

Post by Biff »

tuttle wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 05:59
Ready for what?
Well for one thing, all the things I linked. Are churches even contemplating the idea that the expression of some of their beliefs will one day be illegal?

During COVIDtide how many churches closed or changed how they worship because the government told them to? A lot of them. I say that not to derail this thread, but how many churches, for fear of cultural or government-sponsored reprisal, would rather fall in line and even cast people like the pro-life Christians currently being arrested as the bad guys, like many of them did with the churches that remained open during COVID?

I'm not always right on prognosticating, but the progress of our culture really isn't that hard to read. I recall a time when a handful of us CPSers on the old site were ridiculed for thinking the legalization of SSM would open the door to legal polygamy and pedophilia.

These latest arrests, not to mention the way in which they're carried out, are meant to keep the hem-hawing Christians in line. Stay in your corner. Don't do anything offensive in public. You don't want to be labeled as some sort of Christian Nationalist or Religious Extremist do you?
:text-yeahthat:
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

FBI targeting Pro-lifers

Post by FredS »

tuttle wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 05:59
Ready for what?
. . .
I looked at the articles you linked and it looks like they report on the arrests or questioning of people blocking access to abortion clinics. That's how the law is classifying it anyway. Others (the ones on our side) may call it sidewalk evangelism, or praying, or peacefully protesting, or sharing the gospel, but one of those articles showed people lining both sides of an interior hallway forming a literal gauntlet that had to be traversed by anyone wishing to enter the clinic. That's illegal and everyone involved knows it.

But, to your larger point - - - The Church has always/often been persecuted (I'm not saying that we're being persecuted currently in the US), so of course we're all aware that the expression of our beliefs may one day be illegal. It's already legal in China and some Muslim countries yet Christians in those countries find a way. Yes, we feel the noose tightening - not only over abortion - because many in the world don't want to hear our message. And we're getting outnumbered.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson