Faith in the news

For the thinkers, theologians, philospophers.
Jocose
Usher
Usher

Faith in the news

Post by Jocose »

https://x.com/ProtecttheFaith/status/17 ... 23098?s=20
The end of apostolic catholicity

This ain't the Catholic Church

Its 100% phoney
The views expressed here are either mine or not my own, not sure.
The opinions expressed here may or may not be my own.
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Faith in the news

Post by coco »

Jocose wrote: 21 Oct 2023, 02:04 https://x.com/ProtecttheFaith/status/17 ... 23098?s=20
The end of apostolic catholicity

This ain't the Catholic Church

Its 100% phoney
Catholicity “does not mean uniformity” - Bishop of Tokyo

I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
Jocose
Usher
Usher

Faith in the news

Post by Jocose »

https://x.com/CatholicArena/status/1721 ... 32858?s=20

CLEVELAND

Catholics weep as their Latin Mass takes place for the last time, after it was brutally shut down under orders from individuals currently residing in positions of authority within the church
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Faith in the news

Post by Biff »

Jocose wrote: 07 Nov 2023, 12:00 https://x.com/CatholicArena/status/1721 ... 32858?s=20

CLEVELAND

Catholics weep as their Latin Mass takes place for the last time, after it was brutally shut down under orders from individuals currently residing in positions of authority within the church
Time for reformation?
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
Del
Usher
Usher

Faith in the news

Post by Del »

Biff wrote: 07 Nov 2023, 21:29
Time for reformation?
Those never work. We need a Restoration.

Let's just put the Church and the worship and the sacraments back where the Holy Spirit established them.
Jocose
Usher
Usher

Faith in the news

Post by Jocose »

https://x.com/father_rmv/status/1722646 ... 42560?s=20

The folks in control know that they cannot change doctrine formally or directly. Therefore, creating confusion, doubt, and ambiguity suffices and achieves the desired effect: doctrinal formulations do not change, but its interpretation and practical application does. Game. Set. Match.
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.
Jocose
Usher
Usher

Faith in the news

Post by Jocose »

https://x.com/davidpdeavel/status/17224 ... 31880?s=20

If bishops want to turn normie conservative Catholics into radical traditionalists ( or Eastern Orthodox), this is a good way to do it.
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.
Wosbald
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Abortion

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+

Source: Crux
Link: cruxnow DOT com/church-in-the-usa/2023/11/sisters-of-life-win-exemption-from-ny-probe-of-pro-life-pregnancy-centers
Sisters of Life win exemption from NY probe of pro-life pregnancy centers

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

NEW YORK — A Catholic community of religious sisters who operate a crisis pregnancy center in New York City won a lawsuit against the state’s health department on Nov. 8, with the department agreeing not to include the community in a probe of other pro-life pregnancy centers.

In September 2022, the Sisters of Life sued then-New York State Department of Health Commissioner Mary Bassett over a New York bill passed that June that created a task force to study and report on the impact of so-called “limited service pregnancy centers,” which are defined in the bill as organizations that advocate for women to continue their pregnancy.

The Sisters of Life fit that bill, as they do not refer women for abortions at their crisis pregnancy center.

[…]

Without the lawsuit, the New York bill would’ve allowed government officials access to the religious community’s internal documents and records. They said they’re “grateful” for the Nov. 8 order.

“As Sisters of Life, it’s our privilege to walk alongside each woman who comes to us and to stand in solidarity with her, helping her to move in freedom, not in fear,” Sister Maris Stella, Vicar General of the Sisters of Life, said in a statement.

“We are grateful for this victory, which protects our right to continue to uphold and defend the beauty and strength of women,” she said.

The New York State Department of Health did not respond to a Crux request for comment on the order.

In the order, issued by United States District Judge Jennifer Rearden and agreed to by both parties, the state health department agreed to not take any enforcement action against the Sisters of Life for “nonresponse or noncompliance with any survey, document request, or information request of any kind.”

The order will end when the health department publishes the report mandated by the bill. It also states that the order applies to the Sisters of Life and only the Sisters of Life, and does not protect any other organization from participation in the health department report.

The order is “final and binding,” so there is no sort of appeal the health department can pursue.

The bill at the heart of the lawsuit was passed as part of a six-bill pro-abortion package enacted by Governor Kathy Hochul in June 2022, ahead of the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade. The package of bills essentially made New York an abortion safe haven for local and out-of-state abortion seekers.

The legislation protects medical professionals from misconduct charges for providing legal abortions, prevents the extradition of defendants in abortion related cases if they’re charged in another state, and protects the address information of employees and volunteers working with abortion providers.

Stella, in response to the lawsuit victory, said the sisters remain committed to supporting women.

“In over 30 years of serving women in the State of New York, we have learned that what a woman really needs is to be seen, heard, and believed in, which is why we are committed to providing the necessary emotional, practical, and spiritual support for her to flourish,” Stella said.

“We are called to bring hope, comfort, and joy to women who feel they have nowhere else to turn,” Stella continued. “The judge’s order will protect us as we continue our ministry.”

Del
Usher
Usher

Faith in the news

Post by Del »

Jocose wrote: 09 Nov 2023, 09:11 https://x.com/davidpdeavel/status/17224 ... 31880?s=20

If bishops want to turn normie conservative Catholics into radical traditionalists ( or Eastern Orthodox), this is a good way to do it.
First I've heard of this. I admired Bishop Zubik when he was leading the Diocese of Green Bay, WI. Relevant Radio (a nation-wide Catholic talk radio network) is based in Green Bay, and he was a frequent guest speaker.

Now he is in Pittsburgh. I hope Hugo Drax has a comment.

This twitter says that Zubik has banned ad orientem worship.... It seems there is more nuance than this.

I found an article that tries to clarify what's happening.
https://www.pillarcatholic.com/p/more-u ... permission
In his letter, Bishop Zubik told priests he wanted to be “perfectly clear” that “this policy is not meant to be seen as a forbiddance of celebrating Mass ad orientem.”

“Rather, I’m trying to say ‘Yes, you can do this, here’s how,’” the bishop wrote.
For my part, it is obvious that the parishes which have Latin Masses and ad orientem worship in the Ordinary Form also show marked increase in reverence and devotion among the faithful. They draw young families with lots of children. They have above-average tithes and contributions. They have lines of people seeking confessions.

By any metric, this is something that we should be encouraging more of -- not less.

Also obvious: Everything that Francis turns his attention to gets muddier and murkier. I, having lived through the chaos of the '70's and the apostasy that followed, do not want to see it again.
Del
Usher
Usher

Abortion

Post by Del »

Wosbald wrote: 09 Nov 2023, 10:35 +JMJ+

Source: Crux
Link: cruxnow DOT com/church-in-the-usa/2023/11/sisters-of-life-win-exemption-from-ny-probe-of-pro-life-pregnancy-centers
Sisters of Life win exemption from NY probe of pro-life pregnancy centers
We have a close friend (our age) whose sister is a Sister of Life.

Cigarson's wife has a little sister who wants to join Sisters of Life.

They are a vibrant community of religious Sisters. They need to be vibrant and alive, in order to swim so strongly against the currents of the culture of death.