Cleon's Candy Corn Thread part duex

The part of the forum where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong here, will be moved here. Maybe.

Candy Corn

N
No votes
Hell No
8%
Nasty
23%
DIABEETUS
31%
A_Morley smoking candy corn aromatics
38%

Total votes: 13

coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Post by coco »

FredS wrote: 12 Oct 2023, 07:54 Wouldn't you know? The Mormons like candy corn.
Ergo, if you like candy corn, you must be Mormon.
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
Jocose
Usher
Usher

Post by Jocose »

coco wrote: 12 Oct 2023, 15:22
Nobody likes cANdy cORn
The views expressed here are either mine or not my own, not sure.
The opinions expressed here may or may not be my own.
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

Jocose wrote: 16 Oct 2023, 23:45
coco wrote: 12 Oct 2023, 15:22
Nobody likes cANdy cORn
Even National Catholic Reporter does not support the unnatural act of candy corn. I searched.
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Post by sweetandsour »

News from California ... red dye #3 in candy corn has now been banned in California. The law goes into effect in 2027, so there's 4 years to stock up on the original recipe, if so desired.

quote ...
California has banned four common food additives — Red Dye No. 3, potassium bromate, brominated vegetable oil and propylparaben — through the California Food Safety Act.

The law will go into effect on Jan. 1, 2027, which offers “significant time for brands to revise their recipes to avoid these harmful chemicals,” Gov. Gavin Newsom said in a statement to members of the California State Assembly on Oct. 7, when he signed the bill into law. After that, any person or entity that manufactures, sells or distributes food products in California that contain the additives can be fined up to $5,000 for a first violation and up to $10,000 for each additional violation.

Here’s what to know about the ingredients, why they were banned and what it means for you, whether you live in California or elsewhere.

What are the additives, and what food products are they in?
The four banned ingredients are most commonly found in ultraprocessed foods. Red Dye No. 3 is used as a colorant in red or pink icings, drinks and candies, especially ones that are flavored with cinnamon, peppermint, cherry or berry. This includes many holiday-themed candies, like conversation hearts, candy corn and candy canes, as well as some brands of jelly beans.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
Jocose
Usher
Usher

Post by Jocose »

sweetandsour wrote: 19 Oct 2023, 21:40 News from California ... red dye #3 in candy corn has now been banned in California. The law goes into effect in 2027, so there's 4 years to stock up on the original recipe, if so desired.

quote ...
California has banned four common food additives — Red Dye No. 3, potassium bromate, brominated vegetable oil and propylparaben — through the California Food Safety Act.

The law will go into effect on Jan. 1, 2027, which offers “significant time for brands to revise their recipes to avoid these harmful chemicals,” Gov. Gavin Newsom said in a statement to members of the California State Assembly on Oct. 7, when he signed the bill into law. After that, any person or entity that manufactures, sells or distributes food products in California that contain the additives can be fined up to $5,000 for a first violation and up to $10,000 for each additional violation.

Here’s what to know about the ingredients, why they were banned and what it means for you, whether you live in California or elsewhere.

The four banned ingredients are most commonly found in ultraprocessed foods. Red Dye No. 3 is used as a colorant in red or pink icings, drinks and candies, especially ones that are flavored with cinnamon, peppermint, cherry or berry. This includes many holiday-themed candies, like conversation hearts, candy corn and candy canes, as well as some brands of jelly beans.
https://x.com/DiedSuddenly_/status/1712 ... 28939?s=20

Americans Eat a Long List of Foods Banned in other Countries - Many Target Children!

How many of these foods do you eat!?

We routinely buy and eat products banned in other countries because they contain certain ingredients.

If you knew that some of the foods you select at the grocery store were banned in other countries because of certain ingredients, would you still buy them for your family?

Surprisingly, the list is pretty long, and it includes products that are pretty popular in U.S. households.

RITZ Crackers, Gatorade, Wheat Thins, Frosted Flakes and Coffee-mate creamer are just some of the items banned in other countries because of some ingredients they contain.

Skittles, Pop-Tarts, Gatorade and those yummy Little Debbie's products are banned in the European Union because contain dyes like yellow 5, yellow 6 and red 40. The EU banned these artificial colors after their scientific research indicated they could be harmful to health, especially to young children.

Coffee-mate, RITZ Crackers and those warm, buttery Pillsbury biscuits, are all banned in Switzerland, Austria, Hungary, Iceland, Norway and Denmark because of trans fats like partially hydrogenated soybean and cottonseed oils.

Wheat Thins and cereals like Frosted Flakes are banned in the United Kingdom, Japan and parts of Europe because of a chemical called BHT (butylated hydroxytoluene), which is used as a flavor enhancer.
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Post by coco »

Jocose wrote: 20 Oct 2023, 00:11
sweetandsour wrote: 19 Oct 2023, 21:40 News from California ... red dye #3 in candy corn has now been banned in California. The law goes into effect in 2027, so there's 4 years to stock up on the original recipe, if so desired.

quote ...

Americans Eat a Long List of Foods Banned in other Countries - Many Target Children!

We routinely buy and eat products banned in other countries because they contain certain ingredients.

If you knew that some of the foods you select at the grocery store were banned in other countries because of certain ingredients, would you still buy them for your family?

Surprisingly, the list is pretty long, and it includes products that are pretty popular in U.S. households.

RITZ Crackers, Gatorade, Wheat Thins, Frosted Flakes and Coffee-mate creamer are just some of the items banned in other countries because of some ingredients they contain.

Skittles, Pop-Tarts, Gatorade and those yummy Little Debbie's products are banned in the European Union because contain dyes like yellow 5, yellow 6 and red 40. The EU banned these artificial colors after their scientific research indicated they could be harmful to health, especially to young children.

Coffee-mate, RITZ Crackers and those warm, buttery Pillsbury biscuits, are all banned in Switzerland, Austria, Hungary, Iceland, Norway and Denmark because of trans fats like partially hydrogenated soybean and cottonseed oils.

Wheat Thins and cereals like Frosted Flakes are banned in the United Kingdom, Japan and parts of Europe because of a chemical called BHT (butylated hydroxytoluene), which is used as a flavor enhancer.
How could eating candles be bad for you?
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

quote ...

I'll give you my Pop-Tart when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

coco wrote: 20 Oct 2023, 04:47

quote ...

I much prefer crayons.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Post by Biff »

JimVH wrote: 20 Oct 2023, 09:48

I much prefer crayons.
You were a jar-head?
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
Jocose
Usher
Usher

Post by Jocose »

Biff wrote: 20 Oct 2023, 19:52
JimVH wrote: 20 Oct 2023, 09:48
I much prefer crayons.
You were a jar-head?
ooF
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.