Guns. That's what's happening.

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Hovannes »

JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

Trigger discipline matters.

Oh, and don’t be generally stupid.
Attachments
IMG_2278.jpeg
IMG_2278.jpeg (140.15 KiB) Viewed 16592 times
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
SlowToke
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by SlowToke »

General rule of guns: Don't point your gun at your dangly parts. That's why I've never appendix carried. It's hip or small of the back for me, thanks.
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Hovannes »

JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

Holsters matter.
Attachments
holster.jpg
holster.jpg (116.12 KiB) Viewed 15899 times

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Bloodhound »

Bloodhound wrote: 01 Dec 2023, 09:08 So I started on the re-finish of my Husqvarna rifle, and it is maybe a 1/3 of the way done. The High Standard HD-Military Is next, the parts are in and it is just waiting for cold winter evenings. But as I have posted before the HD-Military came in nicer than I thought it would be and it has the long barrel. It will be a shooter and user. but not the quick packing gun that I had originally thought because of the length and it doesn't fit in my fishing and wandering around the hills pack.

I was coveting Jim's little shop keeper's revolver, (yup I know I am not supposed to do that), so I started thinking about looking for a cool old .22 in a little smaller set up. Not the Beretta 21, they are too small to be accurate with my big mitts. I found this: It is a High Standard "Sport King" .22 LR as you can see there are some finish issues and the grip on the right side is broken and repaired and it needs a little TLC... I found a replacement grip panel for it in the deep end of the bay...just the right side panel...perfect! A quick clean up and we should be good to go, just in time for a trip to Gunnison for a shooting outing with my nephew and his son. Yup...I like me a fine old High Standard .22! :D
OK...so the gun came in and it was needing some TLC and the grip panel replaced. So a quick strip and clean...som polishing of the metal and 440 chemical bluing and it is ready to hit the trail with me. I have other .22s and holsters that I pack around...but this will be an "in the pack" .22 for when I don't want or can't use a belt holster. It isn't as small as Jim's Shopkeeper, but it should fit my needs and it cleaned up really well!
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

Bloodhound wrote: 27 Dec 2023, 09:40
Bloodhound wrote: 01 Dec 2023, 09:08 So I started on the re-finish of my Husqvarna rifle, and it is maybe a 1/3 of the way done. The High Standard HD-Military Is next, the parts are in and it is just waiting for cold winter evenings. But as I have posted before the HD-Military came in nicer than I thought it would be and it has the long barrel. It will be a shooter and user. but not the quick packing gun that I had originally thought because of the length and it doesn't fit in my fishing and wandering around the hills pack.

I was coveting Jim's little shop keeper's revolver, (yup I know I am not supposed to do that), so I started thinking about looking for a cool old .22 in a little smaller set up. Not the Beretta 21, they are too small to be accurate with my big mitts. I found this: It is a High Standard "Sport King" .22 LR as you can see there are some finish issues and the grip on the right side is broken and repaired and it needs a little TLC... I found a replacement grip panel for it in the deep end of the bay...just the right side panel...perfect! A quick clean up and we should be good to go, just in time for a trip to Gunnison for a shooting outing with my nephew and his son. Yup...I like me a fine old High Standard .22! :D
OK...so the gun came in and it was needing some TLC and the grip panel replaced. So a quick strip and clean...som polishing of the metal and 440 chemical bluing and it is ready to hit the trail with me. I have other .22s and holsters that I pack around...but this will be an "in the pack" .22 for when I don't want or can't use a belt holster. It isn't as small as Jim's Shopkeeper, but it should fit my needs and it cleaned up really well!
That came out beautiful. Nicely done.

Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Bloodhound »

Thanks...not great photography on my part...it is going to be a great little pack gun. 10 rounds of standard velocity ammo. 2 years ago, I sat down on the bank to untangle my wind knots and I was confronted by a badger that didn't like my proximity to his den. I didn't have a pistol, and a .22 isn't the best badger medicine, but I would sure have felt better backing away with a pistol in my hand rather than the 5 wt flyrod I had hold of...
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Hovannes »

JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

Hovannes wrote: 31 Dec 2023, 13:03 Remembering Bella Twin
https://www.ammoland.com/2017/06/bella- ... 0FF69D4AC2
Great story, and a good lesson on shot placement.

Thanks, Hov.