I Like the Time Change

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Jocose
Usher
Usher

I Like the Time Change

Post by Jocose »

JimVH wrote: 07 Nov 2022, 05:45
Jocose wrote: 06 Nov 2022, 23:15 Time keeps on slipping into the future.
I’d like to publicly thank Jo for putting this song in my head this morning.

It. Won’t. Stop.
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun
The views expressed here are either mine or not my own, not sure.
The opinions expressed here may or may not be my own.
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

I Like the Time Change

Post by Biff »

CPS - home of the ear worm

I hate the time change. It's disruptive & unnecessary. :(
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
Jocose
Usher
Usher

I Like the Time Change

Post by Jocose »

This is the last year of DST. Standard time returns full time next year. There was a 1 year waiting period so the Airlines can figure out their program to format time.

I could be all wrong about this tho, do your own research.
The views expressed here are either mine or not my own, not sure.
The opinions expressed here may or may not be my own.
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

I Like the Time Change

Post by JimVH »

Jocose wrote: 07 Nov 2022, 10:05 This is the last year of DST. Standard time returns full time next year. There was a 1 year waiting period so the Airlines can figure out their program to format time.

I could be all wrong about this tho, do your own research.
The Act passed, but has not been signed by the prez, is what I just read.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

I Like the Time Change

Post by tuttle »

I'll straighten you all out.

Senate passed making DTS permanent beginning next year. Revealing what dullards they really are. However, it's gone nowhere in the House which means nothing happens next year unless they pass it and the prez signs it.

While it's sitting in House purgatory, there's a slight movement growing that is in agreement we should nix time change, but prefers Standard Time like God intended. Would that some hero of the people rise up in the House and make this change to the current bill.

They tried full time DTS in the 70s and it failed miserably. Weren't some of you old fogeys around during that time?
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

I Like the Time Change

Post by JimVH »

tuttle wrote: 07 Nov 2022, 10:55 I'll straighten you all out.

Senate passed making DTS permanent beginning next year. Revealing what dullards they really are. However, it's gone nowhere in the House which means nothing happens next year unless they pass it and the prez signs it.

While it's sitting in House purgatory, there's a slight movement growing that is in agreement we should nix time change, but prefers Standard Time like God intended. Would that some hero of the people rise up in the House and make this change to the current bill.

They tried full time DTS in the 70s and it failed miserably. Weren't some of you old fogeys around during that time?
Punk kid.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

I Like the Time Change

Post by Bloodhound »

JimVH wrote: 07 Nov 2022, 11:21
tuttle wrote: 07 Nov 2022, 10:55 I'll straighten you all out.

Punk kid.
Yea...just who are you talking about, whipper-snapper...oh...and get off my lawn
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
DLJake
Sunday School Superintendent

I Like the Time Change

Post by DLJake »

joegoat wrote: 06 Nov 2022, 17:51 I got to work a 13 hour shift instead of 12. I don't like it. Inevitably my shift will change and I won't get to do the 11 hour shift in the spring...
I like the old quote, "Only the government thinks you can cut a foot of the top of a blanket, sew it to the bottom, and have a longer blanket."
bummer city. When I was doing 12's we'd split it. 12.5 shared wasn't so bad.
Nothing destroys cowboy boots faster than mare's urine. - JimVH as published in Equine Quarterly September 2022
joegoat
The Naughty Grand Poobah
The Naughty Grand Poobah

I Like the Time Change

Post by joegoat »

DLJake wrote: 07 Nov 2022, 15:52
joegoat wrote: 06 Nov 2022, 17:51 I got to work a 13 hour shift instead of 12. I don't like it. Inevitably my shift will change and I won't get to do the 11 hour shift in the spring...
I like the old quote, "Only the government thinks you can cut a foot of the top of a blanket, sew it to the bottom, and have a longer blanket."
I'm salary too. Double bummer! Getting screwed isn't as bad when someone else is taking half the screwing.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (When all else fails, play dead)
DLJake

I Like the Time Change

Post by DLJake »

joegoat wrote: 07 Nov 2022, 17:43
DLJake wrote: 07 Nov 2022, 15:52
I'm salary too. Double bummer! Getting screwed isn't as bad when someone else is taking half the screwing.
Pretty sure there's a midget with a prostitute joke in here somewhere.
Nothing destroys cowboy boots faster than mare's urine. - JimVH as published in Equine Quarterly September 2022