Real men don't use pink tumblers!

The part of the forum where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong here, will be moved here. Maybe.
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Bloodhound »

OK so a little back story to catch you up. I read somewhere that the Walmart brand "Ozark Trail" thermal tumbles and insulated drinkware was actually manufactured by YETI. I did some research and found that to be true. So I went to the local big box Walmart to get some. Well they did have some, but the lids didn't close, they had just a drinking slot and I wanted the kind that closed so as not to spill, and to stay hot/cold longer.

So I went to the Online retailer that is named after a South American River and I saw a 4 pack of 30 oz tumblers with the lid I wanted and I thought "4-pack, hey Christmas is only 6 months away, one for me and 3 for gifts...and at just $39.95 for the 4-pack thats only $10 each plus shipping" (YETI are $38).

I selected the 4-pack and waited for them to be delivered. They were stainless steel in the picture...when they arrived, they were bright PINK! I called the seller and was told that the fine print said that the actual color may be different from the photo.

SO they look like YETI, I gave one to my wife, one to my daughter, one to my grand daughter and one to my nephew's wife. They LOVE THEM!!! My wife loads hers with ice and water and adds water thru the day and the next morning there is still ice in the tumbler. So it performs just like a YETI.

I see that they still have the same deal, but now the picture is bright PINK! So $39.95 gets you a YETI made OZARK TRAIL 30 oz tumbler in hot PINK...its a great Christmas idea for the women in your life.

As for me, I can't bring myself to use a Hot PINK insulated tumbler....PS They also have them in Black...one tumbler...$24 + shipping...still better than the YETI price...but dang...I may have to buy another 4 pack and see if I can paint over the PINK!

I know I should be more evolved...but I was raised during a time that guys don't wear pink and they don't have pink stuff...
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

Rita makes sure every collar, leash, and piece of clothing Boop has is bright pink. It doesn't matter how manly I dress, when the neighbors and their ginormous dogs see us coming I can feel their judgment.

I do wear pink shirts and/or ties fairly regularly, though. It's funny that doesn't bother me, but the dog does.

And for the love of Pete, NEVER leave your YETI unattended around Jocose.
Last edited by JimVH on 14 Nov 2022, 18:53, edited 1 time in total.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Bloodhound »

JimVH wrote: 14 Nov 2022, 13:16 Rita makes sure every collar, leash, and piece of clothing Boop has is bright pink. It doesn't matter how manly I dress, when the neighbors and their ginormous dogs see us coming I can feel there judgment.

I do wear pink shirts and/or ties fairly regularly, though. It's funny that doesn't bother me, but the dog does.

And for the love of Pete, NEVER leave your YETI unattended around Jocose.
When I was a 4, one of the earliest church memories I have, my mother had purchased a pair of 2nd hand "Snow Pants" for me...they were pink...she stopped by the church for something and told me I had to stay in the car, because the pastor would be very upset if he saw me in pink snow pants...so I stayed in the car.
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Bloodhound »

I think I will get another 4 pack...and try to paint one of them...I wish it didn't bother me so much, I wish I liked onions and I wish I was a pilot...but none of those things are likely to happen in my lifetime.
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Post by coco »

JimVH wrote: 14 Nov 2022, 13:16...And for the love of Pete, NEVER leave your YETI unattended around Jocose.
Any YETI, but particularly the pink ones
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
SlowToke
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by SlowToke »

A sandblaster would take care of that pink "YETI" pretty quick! Then you'd just have a frosted stainless steel tumbler.
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Post by coco »

I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
joegoat
The Naughty Grand Poobah
The Naughty Grand Poobah

Post by joegoat »

Real men don't wear pink and they also don't know what "salmon" is. If you challenge them on their pink shirt and they can it "salmon," you may smirk and nod.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (When all else fails, play dead)
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Post by Biff »

JimVH wrote: 14 Nov 2022, 13:16 And for the love of Pete, NEVER leave your YETI unattended around Jocose.
Jocose IS a yeti.
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
Hugo Drax
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent

Post by Hugo Drax »

joegoat wrote: 14 Nov 2022, 18:38 Real men don't wear pink and they also don't know what "salmon" is. If you challenge them on their pink shirt and they can it "salmon," you may smirk and nod.
Tough words for a guy with your taste in wine, my friend.
Weenies are us.