The News & Topicality Thread

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
MrPiper
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by MrPiper »

DLJake wrote: 16 Nov 2022, 16:49 The GOP has now won 218 seats after the Associated Press projected that Republican Mike Garcia will win reelection in California's 27th Congressional District.

The seat giving the Rs the house majority came from California.

That's very funny to me.
This is very good news
DLJake
Sunday School Superintendent

Post by DLJake »

Meanwhile in Canada ...

Mr. Xi was not very pleased with Mr. T.
Nothing destroys cowboy boots faster than mare's urine. - JimVH as published in Equine Quarterly September 2022
gaining_age
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by gaining_age »

Pelosi has stepped down from any further leadership--- not leaving congress.. just leadership. She said she has worked with 3 great presidents (going out of her way not to say the "T" word nor include him).

Someday the pettiness may end among our statesmen (and stateswomen) but not today.
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

gaining_age wrote: 17 Nov 2022, 16:26 Pelosi has stepped down from any further leadership--- not leaving congress.. just leadership. She said she has worked with 3 great presidents (going out of her way not to say the "T" word nor include him).

Someday the pettiness may end among our statesmen (and stateswomen) but not today.
Pelosi's pettiness and bullying are not news. She's been a little napoleon for decades.
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Post by Biff »

DLJake wrote: 17 Nov 2022, 14:57 Meanwhile in Canada ...

Mr. Xi was not very pleased with Mr. T.
My husband and I..... do not call him 'Mr.' <anything>. He is simply Castreau, or Turdeau

This has been a public service announcement. Thank you and resume your normal duties.
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
DLJake

Post by DLJake »

Biff wrote: Castreau, or Turdeau
This is so Canadian polite cute I can barely stand it.
Nothing destroys cowboy boots faster than mare's urine. - JimVH as published in Equine Quarterly September 2022
DLJake

Post by DLJake »

Please be kind.

I am attempted to discern if a topic I heard has merit in the truth department.

My google-fu appears weak on this.

Females are not allowed to attend the super soccer thing that is on-going since the time of this post.

Thanking you in advance for setting me straight.

:character-cookiemonster:
Wosbald

Antisemitism

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+

Whoopi Goldberg renews incendiary assertion that Holocaust wasn’t about race

This image released by ABC shows co-host Whoopi Goldberg on the set of the daytime talk series "The View." (Jenny Anderson/ABC via AP)

In interview, ‘The View’ host labels Holocaust ‘white on white violence,’ echoing remarks made in January that led to her two-week suspension from US talk show.

US actress and producer Whoopi Goldberg once again claimed on Saturday that the Holocaust was not connected to race, less than a year after similar comments led to her two-week suspension as host of “The View.”

In an interview with The Sunday Times of London, Goldberg said that the Nazi-orchestrated genocide was “white on white” violence, and not about race.

“Remember who they were killing first. They were not killing racial; they were killing physical. They were killing people they considered to be mentally defective. And then they made this decision,” she said.

When the interviewer noted that the Nazis viewed their victims as lesser races, Goldberg replied: “Yes, but that’s the killer, isn’t it?”

“The oppressor is telling you what you are,” she continued.” Why are you believing them? They’re Nazis. Why believe what they’re saying?”

Explaining that Jews are not identifiable as a race, she said: “It doesn’t change the fact that you could not tell a Jew on a street. You could find me. You couldn’t find them. That was the point I was making. But you would have thought that I’d taken a big old stinky dump on the table, butt naked.”

Goldberg was promoting her new film, Till, in which she plays the mother of civil rights activist Mamie Till-Mobley. The movie tells the true story of Till-Mobley’s quest for justice after her son, 14-year-old Emmett Till, was lynched by white supremacists in Mississippi in 1955.

[…]

Goldberg, born Caryn Elaine Johnson, has no Jewish ancestry but adopted her stage name to be deliberately Jewish-sounding, in part because she has said she personally identifies with Judaism. She told a London audience in 2016: “I just know I am Jewish. I practice nothing. I don’t go to temple, but I do remember the holidays.” In 2016, she designed a Hanukkah sweater for Lord & Taylor.

Del
Usher
Usher

Antisemitism

Post by Del »

Whoopi's racism is not like the Nazi's racism.

Whoopi thinks that white Aryan Nationalists couldn't possibly be racist against white-skinned Jews.

Whoopi thinks no one can be racist against white people. Only white people can be racists. And all non-white people are the victims of white racism. And Whoopi thinks that no reasonable person could have racist theories different from Whoopi. Whoopi thinks that racism means looking at a person and judging their race by a glance of skin color.

Whoopi doesn't know that that Nazi race theory had white Europeans subdivided into many races, They differed by eye and hair color, ratios of skulls and faces (round or angular), etc. Nazi school kids were educated in recognizing the various white-skinned races and judging them accordingly.

How Whoopi ever got a lead spot on an ABC News show.... defies explanation.
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Antisemitism

Post by Biff »

Del wrote: 25 Dec 2022, 13:14
How Whoopi ever got a lead spot on an ABC News show.... defies explanation.
She's:
- Female
- Black
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada: