OFG smokeless

Post about everything from carrying a handkerchief to manly skills (sharpening a pocket knife, etc), to product reviews of items that may have slipped inder our radar (ie Grandpa's Pine Tar soap). No threads on anything 'new' unless it hearkens to old-fashioned sensibilities and ideals.
Jocose
Usher
Usher

OFG smokeless

Post by Jocose »

My first can of Copenhagen I bought in grade school, I paid .60 cents for it.

I dipped for over 32 years and finally quit after seeing I could buy another harley with the amount of $ I was spending on it a month.
The views expressed here are either mine or not my own, not sure.
The opinions expressed here may or may not be my own.
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

OFG smokeless

Post by FredS »

I was such a redneck that I pyramided Copenhagen cans in my dorm window instead of beer cans. I also dipped over 32 years - from age 14 to 47. One and a half to two cans a day near the end. Even after 14 years to recover, my lower front teeth are still loose enough I can wiggle them with my tongue. I'm pretty certain I'd pick it up again if I just took one dip today.

I used to enjoy finding an old and dry can stashed somewhere. Bring it back to life with a little Bacardi or Beam. Mmmmmm.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
joegoat
The Naughty Grand Poobah
The Naughty Grand Poobah

OFG smokeless

Post by joegoat »

Cool! Nice old can! The fiberboard and tin lid with no FDA warning is a piece of history. Definitely OFG. I remember loose leaf pouches and dip cans without the warning label. I buy a can of Copenhagen Long Cut occasionally just for the fiberboard can.
My first dip was Cope Hickory. It sounded good at the time....
I had smoked pipes and cigars at that point and chewed on some Redman, but being a SW Pennsylvania farm boy I had to at least try dip. The nicotine hit from that stuff was insane! I should have tried some fruity Skoal flavor my first time if I really wanted to keep doing it. I didn't touch the stuff and it even made me nauseous for years after that. I picked it up on an occasional basis and still do from time to time as a smokeless option in the office. The expectoration (word of the day) is awful, but the non tobacco smokeless options aren't satisfying like that earthy tobacco flavor. I should really drop the stuff all together.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (When all else fails, play dead)
Del
Usher
Usher

OFG smokeless

Post by Del »

I should try to figure out when I started enjoying snus pouches so I can brag about it when I quit.