The Chosen

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
ChildOfGod
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

The Chosen

Post by ChildOfGod »

mcommini wrote: 01 Dec 2022, 14:29 I really enjoyed the first season. Watched the first half of the second season and there was a point where they went waaaaayyyy off book with one of the disciples- I get the character reasoning behind it, but it was a bit too far for me. I think the plot decision was on order of Peter Jackson ruining Faramir to make him more "believable" (he wasn't)- the showrunners don't seem to understand how life changing an encounter with God Made Flesh can be (which is funny, because it's kind of the whole point of the show).
I think your Jackson/Faramir analogy may be spot on. I brace myself for more of that to come, 'cause over 7 seasons... just given the number of episodes.... seems that something like it could happen again.
Wishing you God's very best!
mcommini
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

The Chosen

Post by mcommini »

ChildOfGod wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 12:11
mcommini wrote: 01 Dec 2022, 14:29 I really enjoyed the first season. Watched the first half of the second season and there was a point where they went waaaaayyyy off book with one of the disciples- I get the character reasoning behind it, but it was a bit too far for me. I think the plot decision was on order of Peter Jackson ruining Faramir to make him more "believable" (he wasn't)- the showrunners don't seem to understand how life changing an encounter with God Made Flesh can be (which is funny, because it's kind of the whole point of the show).
I think your Jackson/Faramir analogy may be spot on. I brace myself for more of that to come, 'cause over 7 seasons... just given the number of episodes.... seems that something like it could happen again.
I will say, though, one of the things I absolutely love is St Matthew's portrayal as neuro-atypical ("vague and lazy writers' version of autistism" for those not up on current PC speech). Like, out of all the Apostles, if you have to choose one... yeah. Brilliant.

That said, Abed Nadir is my favorite (male) character on Community, and I like autistic characters in media in general, so there might be bias there. Alas, I am more of a Jeff Winger (not a self-compliment if you've actually watched the show! Though it most likely is).