Ideas for old skis?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
SlowToke
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Ideas for old skis?

Post by SlowToke »

I like the idea of hanging them up in the study. I decorate my study/home office with stuff just like this. I like the thought of my study some day being a museum of mostly useless odd stuff that I like. Alternatively, you could use the skis as a shelf in your study to place said odds and ins maximizing the clutter just how a good OFG study should be.
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Ideas for old skis?

Post by Hovannes »

sweetandsour wrote: 07 Dec 2022, 18:32 I'd hang them up somewhere, as though they are not retired and never will be. It's what I do with old hunting and fishing stuff. My favorite outdoors writer Gene Hill did the same thing, and so did my dad.

BTW I have a pair of ski poles, and I have no idea where they came from. I've had them since the late 90s, and I'm pretty sure one of my kids are the source. I've kept them all this time, thinking they may have some use in the marsh perhaps, I don't know why.
Old ski poles come in handy for tracking.
Put rubber bands marking the stride and shoe size on the shaft.
Hold it it over the turf and it will show you were to look for the next track when it's difficult to see depression, transfer or sign.
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Ideas for old skis?

Post by Biff »

Ideas for old skis?

Old skiers?
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada: