Iwan Ries

Questions, Reviews, Storage, anything about `baccy
michigander
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Iwan Ries

Post by michigander »

Just a quick PSA: Iwan Ries doesn't charge the excise tax that Smoking Pipes and Pipes & Cigars has started charging.

I was pleasantly surprised with this.

Carry on.
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Iwan Ries

Post by Bloodhound »

But you have to pay to use their smoking lounge...

I didn't mind and they more than made up for it in the shop
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
MrPiper
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Iwan Ries

Post by MrPiper »

Yes a GREAT shop, and a total "Go To" landmark if you are ever in Chicago! Super nice staff and great selection. I have bought several pipes from them and all have been a great value. If that shop were in the ATL area, I would join their lounge annually just to hang out.
Yohanan
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Iwan Ries

Post by Yohanan »

They are Great in my experience with them, I had an order on backorder for 6 months in 2010, when it became available again, they picked up the phone and called me, letting me know that it was going to ship if I still wanted it, Dunhill Early Morning Pipe was the product, it had not been available in the States for some time due to a distributor problem.
***Smoke What You Like, and Like What You Smoke, No Matter What Anyone Else Thinks!!!***
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Iwan Ries

Post by Bloodhound »

I broke out my IR Black Knight. This is a pipe that at first look I thought was ugly, then I looked a few more times and it kind of grew on me, and I bid and then I really wanted it...well mine was the winning bid. It was an OK pipe, decent smoker and I smoked it while fishing some, and at the cabin. Then I was smoking with FredS and Simeon at a local pipe shop and the owner cam around and smoked with us for a while and told us some jokes and he looked at my pipe and said that he thought it was made for IR by Savanelli...he then took it to clean and polish it. He brought it back and we all smoked some more and then left at closing time...the shop owner, Brian died a few days later, unexpectedly.

A couple of weeks later I was smoking that pipe and thinking about Brian...I dropped the pipe when I was putting it in the cabinet, and broke the stem. I sent it off and had it repaired.

I smoked it Christmas Eve after the "Fat Man" got his tasks done at our house. I enjoyed it with a glass of good bourbon and thought about this past year, about salvation and God's most precious gift, and about Brian and FredS and Simeon and Colton and all you all at CPS and I thanked God for each of you...

Funny how a pipe can trigger so many memories and thoughts and emotions...God bless us every one!
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Iwan Ries

Post by sweetandsour »

Bloodhound wrote: 27 Dec 2022, 08:42 I broke out my IR Black Knight. This is a pipe that at first look I thought was ugly, then I looked a few more times and it kind of grew on me, and I bid and then I really wanted it...well mine was the winning bid. It was an OK pipe, decent smoker and I smoked it while fishing some, and at the cabin. Then I was smoking with FredS and Simeon at a local pipe shop and the owner cam around and smoked with us for a while and told us some jokes and he looked at my pipe and said that he thought it was made for IR by Savanelli...he then took it to clean and polish it. He brought it back and we all smoked some more and then left at closing time...the shop owner, Brian died a few days later, unexpectedly.

A couple of weeks later I was smoking that pipe and thinking about Brian...I dropped the pipe when I was putting it in the cabinet, and broke the stem. I sent it off and had it repaired.

I smoked it Christmas Eve after the "Fat Man" got his tasks done at our house. I enjoyed it with a glass of good bourbon and thought about this past year, about salvation and God's most precious gift, and about Brian and FredS and Simeon and Colton and all you all at CPS and I thanked God for each of you...

Funny how a pipe can trigger so many memories and thoughts and emotions...God bless us every one!
Nice sentiment, and nice rustic looking pipe. I can picture it up in the mountains.

I've been to IW once when in Chicago on business, and I entered the store with a shopping list for various Dunhill and McClelland blends and Navy flakes and even a Lakeland or two. I didn't have extra time to explore their lounge, though. But I remember the sales guy assisting me was a gentleman, and we had a discussion about 3-Star Blue, of all things.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.