Holiday hanky panky in the UK

For the thinkers, theologians, philospophers.
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Hovannes »

MrPiper
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by MrPiper »

Certainly nothing new to see here. Unsaved people with perverted lifestyles demanding inclusion and acceptance while dismantling the very institution they wish to be a part of. See Sodom and Gomorrah.
Last edited by MrPiper on 24 Dec 2022, 19:34, edited 1 time in total.
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

They praise Caesar, and count it as courageous? :lol:

That English choir director decided to honor the gender-cult (the apex of the intersectional hierarchy) insult the Catholics in the pews (the whipping boy of the intersectional hierarchy).

And Archbishop Wimpy declared that this was an insult to "tradition."

As a parallel, imagine a German priest before WWII, bravely praising the Arian Nazis and condemning the Jews.... and bishop meekly suggesting that they ought to avoid being "political."

Meanwhile a guy like Fr. Pavone....
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Post by coco »

Don we now our gay apparel?
Last edited by coco on 24 Dec 2022, 10:28, edited 1 time in total.
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Hovannes »

Del wrote: 24 Dec 2022, 07:06 They praise Caesar, and count it as courageous? :lol:

That English choir director decided to honor the gender-cult (the apex of the intersectional hierarchy) insult the Catholics in the pews (the whipping boy of the intersectional hierarchy).

As a parallel, imagine a German priest before WWII, bravely praising the Arian Nazis and condemning the Jews.... and bishop meekly suggesting that they ought to avoid being "political."

This makes me think of the Lion of Muenster

Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

coco wrote: 24 Dec 2022, 09:32 Don we now our gay apparel?
Do not google that!
mcommini
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by mcommini »

Del wrote: 24 Dec 2022, 07:06 They praise Caesar, and count it as courageous? :lol:

In all fairness, Archbishop (Cardinal) Wimpy can only say so much to a Church of England parish to begin with. Firing shots across denominational lines at all is pretty bold and impolite over there.
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Post by coco »

Del wrote: 24 Dec 2022, 10:43
coco wrote: 24 Dec 2022, 09:32 Don we now our gay apparel?
Do not google that!
If you are lucky, you will only get RuPaul's Drag Show. If you are unlucky, you might get Wayne's old website address.
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

mcommini wrote: 24 Dec 2022, 14:13

In all fairness, Archbishop (Cardinal) Wimpy can only say so much to a Church of England parish to begin with. Firing shots across denominational lines at all is pretty bold and impolite over there.
I read the original article again. It is not at all clear that the performance was at an Anglican church. But this makes a lot more sense. The final paragraph quoted support from a lady "priest-in-training" for the gay/feminist performance.
mcommini
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by mcommini »

Del wrote: 25 Dec 2022, 08:18
mcommini wrote: 24 Dec 2022, 14:13

I read the original article again. It is not at all clear that the performance was at an Anglican church. But this makes a lot more sense. The final paragraph quoted support from a lady "priest-in-training" for the gay/feminist performance.
Oh, the article itself was an unholy mess. The formatting, the layout of sentences, the information itself is so scattershot that it's as if someone took a reporter's random notes and then placed them on a dartboard for selection and developed paragraphs from there. Any links within the article only led back to the news page.

You would really have only picked up on the subtle cues if you had happened to be very intensely interested at one point in Anglicanism as a possible landing point coming from a more radical Reformation upbringing. And also very interested in Rome's perspective on Anglicanism during that period. So really, you would have had to been part of a very small subset that includes me and a single digit of Orthodox and Catholic bloggers.

Or you could have been Anglican and already have all the facts in hand. That's the Occam's razor reply, but does not apply to me.

As it was, I typed up my reply to you, reread the article and realized it didn't actually report that, spent some time on Google verifying my statement, and then hit post. I gained a small amount of respect for Cardinal Nichols during my search- he certainly doesn't seem to be in lock-step with certain currents in the Tiber.