Resolutions

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Resolutions

Post by tuttle »

ChildOfGod wrote: 03 Jan 2023, 12:21 I play drums, Bluegrass guitar (and sing), and Classical guitar.

I suffer from stage fright horribly when playing classical guitar outside of the practice room.

This year I am resolved to address the stage fright. I can't say, I'll conquer it, but I'll do all I can toward that end. Already reading books and practicing visualizations, etc. Also scheduled to play classical guitar in performance settings, where I've previously nixed it in favor of Bluegrass just to avoid the stage fright.

If I make no progress, I figure it's gotta be God saying "forgetaboutit". Any progress I would take as encouragement to keep going.
I don't know if this works for everyone, but the thing that helped me overcome stage fright was realizing that messing up wasn't that big of a deal. But I didn't realize that until I (noticeably) messed up in front of people. I've also seen some big acts, real pros, royally screw up in front of people. The best thing to do is either keep on chugging, or laugh about it and start over. The worst thing is to linger. Also, weirdly, the more you screw up (even if no one notices) the more comfortable you'll be the next time you go play out again. At least, that's what worked for me.

You can do it!
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
SlowToke
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Resolutions

Post by SlowToke »

I made a resolution to not make any resolutions this year. So far so good but we are just 6 days in.
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Resolutions

Post by Biff »

SlowToke wrote: 06 Jan 2023, 14:34 I made a resolution to not make any resolutions this year. So far so good but we are just 6 days in.
This has been my resolution for the last 40 years or so...

Haven't failed yet.
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Resolutions

Post by Hovannes »

Biff wrote: 06 Jan 2023, 17:24
SlowToke wrote: 06 Jan 2023, 14:34 I made a resolution to not make any resolutions this year. So far so good but we are just 6 days in.
This has been my resolution for the last 40 years or so...

Haven't failed yet.
Wait. What? Huh? :?