AI and ChapGPT

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

AI and ChapGPT

Post by FredS »

Is it too late to shove those genies back in their bottles?
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

AI and ChapGPT

Post by tuttle »

I don't care if I get labeled as a luddite.

I don't like AI.

Even if it isn't really AI.

Don't like it. Appreciate it, but don't like it.
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

AI and ChapGPT

Post by coco »

FredS wrote: 06 Jan 2023, 06:03 Is it too late to shove those genies back in their bottles?
ChatGPT, design a breakfast cereal transfer chute. The chute should be 24 meters long and at an angle of 7.5 degrees...
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
SlowToke
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

AI and ChapGPT

Post by SlowToke »

This thread is complete gobbledegook to me. I don't understand a word you guys are saying. I do like the VanGogh pipe picture though.
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

AI and ChapGPT

Post by coco »

Biff wrote: 05 Jan 2023, 21:59
coco wrote: 05 Jan 2023, 16:33 Jim explained the money involved with Dall-E-2, the image maker. I think that ChatGPT, which answers all sorts of questions and writes code, is free.

I got it to do some pretty amazing code in Python and Fortran.
Fortran? FORTRAN? Who codes in Fortran, and what the heck for?
I did some a while back to support a legacy program. It beats re-writing a couple hundred thousand lines of code.

I had a class in Fortran once, 'cause I'm old. Finally paid off.
Last edited by coco on 06 Jan 2023, 14:34, edited 1 time in total.
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

AI and ChapGPT

Post by coco »

SlowToke wrote: 06 Jan 2023, 14:28 This thread is complete gobbledegook to me. I don't understand a word you guys are saying. I do like the VanGogh pipe picture though.
Whether or not you like this one, it certainly looks like Salvador Dali:
Go to https://chat.openai.com/chat and ask it a question that would normally take you a lot of figuring.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

AI and ChapGPT

Post by FredS »

coco wrote: 06 Jan 2023, 14:26
FredS wrote: 06 Jan 2023, 06:03 Is it too late to shove those genies back in their bottles?
ChatGPT, design a breakfast cereal transfer chute. The chute should be 24 meters long and at an angle of 7.5 degrees...
That's the exact problem. If a preacher can do my job I'm worth less. Even more disturbing is the idea of me writing your sermons.

That notion seems silly at this point because one needs to understand the field well enough to input some sort of limiting parameters to begin with, but it won't be long 'till the machines learn enough to do that on their own. I once had a young mechanic tell me that anyone can learn to draw lines and circles. I said "Ah grasshopper, the secret is knowing the size and position of those lines and circles." Anyone can tell ChatGPT to write a sermon on righteous suffering, but a pro can tell it to source material only from the Bible, Bonhoeffer, and Merton, and not MAD Magazine - as interesting as that may be.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

AI and ChapGPT

Post by Biff »

FredS wrote: 07 Jan 2023, 08:51
coco wrote: 06 Jan 2023, 14:26
That's the exact problem. If a preacher can do my job I'm worth less. Even more disturbing is the idea of me writing your sermons.

That notion seems silly at this point because one needs to understand the field well enough to input some sort of limiting parameters to begin with, but it won't be long 'till the machines learn enough to do that on their own. I once had a young mechanic tell me that anyone can learn to draw lines and circles. I said "Ah grasshopper, the secret is knowing the size and position of those lines and circles." Anyone can tell ChatGPT to write a sermon on righteous suffering, but a pro can tell it to source material only from the Bible, Bonhoeffer, and Merton, and not MAD Magazine - as interesting as that may be.
A sermon on righteous suffering sourced from Mad Magazine sounds like an interesting work.
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

AI and ChapGPT

Post by coco »

I asked ChatGPT:

Write three paragraphs on righteous suffering from a biblical perspective. Make what you write in the style of MAD Magazine.

Are you ready for some righteous suffering? Well, buckle up because the Bible's got plenty to say about it!

First off, let's define righteous suffering. It's when you're enduring something tough, but you're doing it for a good reason. Maybe you're standing up for your beliefs, or maybe you're trying to help someone else. Either way, you're taking the high road, even if it means suffering in the process.

So why does the Bible talk about this? Well, it's because God wants us to be strong and faithful, even when things get tough. He wants us to trust in Him and keep doing the right thing, no matter what. That might mean suffering for a little while, but ultimately, it'll lead to a better life. Plus, when we suffer in a righteous way, it can actually bring us closer to God and help us grow as people. So the next time you're facing some tough times, just remember: it might not be fun, but it could be a chance to grow and become a better person.
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

AI and ChapGPT

Post by sweetandsour »

ChapGPT hasn't read MAD Magazine, in my opinion. At least not the one that I grew up reading.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.