Bring a Friend

We never get tired of hearing these tales
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Bring a Friend

Post by FredS »

Last week, Denise, a lady Mrs FredS used to work with called to see if we'd take her and her husband to church. We said sure. They're a few years older than us, both retired now and we saw them socially a few times 4 years or so ago. I suppose Mrs FredS said something in passing back then about our church and it stuck. To be honest, we hadn't been to church in probably two months so it was the kick in the pants we needed to go. Turns out Denise is a wreck. Her father recently died, her mother recently moved to an assisted living facility, and she's traveling back and forth to CA and squabbling with siblings over the estate and care for the mother. She was raised Catholic, but long ago feel away. The sermon was about John 9. Denise said, afterwards, "It was like he was speaking directly to me." I said it's funny how often that happens.

A big takeaway for me was that everyone in the story - all of them from the Pharisees, to the blind man and his family, to the Disciples, to Christ Himself were Jews. All Jews, arguing among themselves. You know, like us.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Bring a Friend

Post by JimVH »

Thank you, Fred.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Bring a Friend

Post by Bloodhound »

Amen...and thank you Fred
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD