Trump Criminally Charged

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Trump Criminally Charged

Post by tuttle »

The Left finally got what they wanted. Trump is criminally charged.

You'd think they'd have learned by now that Trump is the Road Runner.

This, like everything else they've done when they've gone after him, will blow up in their faces.

The only question and real exciting part of all of this is how it'll backfire. Sometimes we see Wile E. Coyote get into the catapult to unstick a gear and when we're sure he'll get thrown a mile, the machine flips and crushes him instead.

There are a lot of other angles and implications to all of this, so have at it. But does anyone here really think this is going to actually harm Trump?
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Trump Criminally Charged

Post by FredS »

I haven't followed this story much, but, if I understand this deal correctly, he is being charged with using money raised for his presidential campaign to pay a woman to be quiet about a former affair. Paying her off is not a crime, right? If we can pay people to paint our house or make our lunch we can surely pay them to not talk about something. At issue is whether someone, at his request, paid someone else with campaign money, right? So it's some sort of financial crime?

1. I'd say paying someone to keep quiet about an affair, while you're running for office, is a legit campaign expense. It's fine to pay someone to speak on your behalf so why can't you pay someone to not speak on your behalf.

2. If Trump wasn't such a sleazebag, he wouldn't have to pay people to keep his sleazebaggery a secret. He was a fine president I suppose, but character matters. He's the anti-Carter. Carter was a rotten president but is a great man. That matters to me.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Trump Criminally Charged

Post by sweetandsour »

FredS wrote: 31 Mar 2023, 06:58 I haven't followed this story much, but, if I understand this deal correctly, he is being charged with using money raised for his presidential campaign to pay a woman to be quiet about a former affair. Paying her off is not a crime, right? If we can pay people to paint our house or make our lunch we can surely pay them to not talk about something. At issue is whether someone, at his request, paid someone else with campaign money, right? So it's some sort of financial crime?

1. I'd say paying someone to keep quiet about an affair, while you're running for office, is a legit campaign expense. It's fine to pay someone to speak on your behalf so why can't you pay someone to not speak on your behalf.

2. If Trump wasn't such a sleazebag, he wouldn't have to pay people to keep his sleazebaggery a secret. He was a fine president I suppose, but character matters. He's the anti-Carter. Carter was a rotten president but is a great man. That matters to me.
I agree with both of your points, 1. and 2. But the big picture of this whole deal is just politics as usual. Personally I think that if Trump hadn't left the Dems and joined up with the Reps, he wouldn't be always on their radar screen. His being a sleazebag just exacerbates everything.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
Del
Usher
Usher

Trump Criminally Charged

Post by Del »

All of the pundits are weighing in, but it is good to remember that federal prosecutors and election regulators have already passed on making a case of this.

It's obvious that there is no case here, so this is all about political optics. Now that this pawn has been pushed, we'll have to see how the game plays out.
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Trump Criminally Charged

Post by tuttle »

sweetandsour wrote: 31 Mar 2023, 08:24
FredS wrote: 31 Mar 2023, 06:58 I haven't followed this story much, but, if I understand this deal correctly, he is being charged with using money raised for his presidential campaign to pay a woman to be quiet about a former affair. Paying her off is not a crime, right? If we can pay people to paint our house or make our lunch we can surely pay them to not talk about something. At issue is whether someone, at his request, paid someone else with campaign money, right? So it's some sort of financial crime?

I agree with both of your points, 1. and 2. But the big picture of this whole deal is just politics as usual. Personally I think that if Trump hadn't left the Dems and joined up with the Reps, he wouldn't be always on their radar screen. His being a sleazebag just exacerbates everything.
See I would argue that this is not just politics as usual... at least in the US.

This is pure and blatant banana republic, third world, commie stuff. When has the US ever criminally charged the opposition leader to the current party in power? Never.

Here's the thing. From day 1 they've been throwing every thing they can at Trump in order to take him out. Most of it pure fabrication. Most of it built upon a deeper foundation of corruption than what they're making up to accuse him of.

Trump exposed the system. He's not a part of them. He's outside of them. And even though Trump will have more money than all of us combined, we at least share that quality with Trump. He's not part of the establishment. We are not part of the establishment. In this way--don't discount it--Trump represents us. And look how they treat him.

I'm not delusional. I don't think Trump is our savior. My critiques of Trump were abundant on the old site. And even a week or two ago, had you asked me who I'd want as president, I'd have said DeSantis.

Not anymore. Trump all the way. The system that hates you also hates him. I want him to tear the system apart. I want a scorched earth second term. Even if he doesn't campaign on a scored earth term, the man himself, without lifting a finger, seems to be enough to cause the right people to melt down.

I don't think he will, but even if Trump goes to jail, I'll vote for him.
Wosbald
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Trump Criminally Charged

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+
tuttle wrote: 31 Mar 2023, 06:04[…]

This, like everything else they've done when they've gone after him, will blow up in their faces.

[…]
I 'spose it all depends on what the goal is.

Cuz Uncle Joe beating Trump in 2020 didn't "blow up in 'their' faces".

And neither did no Red Tsunami last November.

However, I agree that the goal of making Fascism impossible ever again — of using the Law to deliver it some coup de grâce — would be a fool's quest. Fascism is parasitic on Liberal Democracy. As a cancerous metastasis of the System, its omnipresent possibility is baked-in and must be organically resisted on a daily basis.

Del
Usher
Usher

Trump Criminally Charged

Post by Del »

Wosbald wrote: 31 Mar 2023, 09:01 +JMJ+

[…]

Cuz Uncle Joe beating Trump in 2020 didn't "blow up in 'their' faces".

And neither did no Red Tsunami last November.

However, I agree that the goal of making Fascism impossible ever again — of using the Law to deliver it some coup de grâce — would be a fool's quest. Fascism is parasitic on Liberal Democracy. As a cancerous metastasis of the System, its omnipresent possibility is baked-in and must be organically resisted on a daily basis.

I agree with your principle.... of course, the currently omnipotent Democrat Establishment and this Soros-DA are the current fascists that we are struggling against. Antifa is just a new form of the old Democrat Ku Klux Klan -- and they wear black instead of white.

But it is possible that a reign of terror could appear someday, led by a "conservative" Republican party that is devoid of Christian culture. No godless political regime is immune to fascism.
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Trump Criminally Charged

Post by tuttle »

Wosbald wrote: 31 Mar 2023, 09:01 +JMJ+

[…]
I'm speaking legally. They've fabricated or overelaborated everything they've gone after him for in an effort to destroy him.

In my opinion, we've cross the Rubicon regarding elections. I'm not convinced Biden won on the up and up. The System, the Establishment, the Uniparty, Permanent Washington, whatever you want to dub it, couldn't win so they made sure of it.

But specifically, in regard to trying to pin whatever new evil crime they can muster upon Trump in order to stop him, they continue to fail.

But the question of the goal here is interesting. Perhaps they know charging Trump will Obi Wan Kenobi him. I can entertain that. And then, I guess it wouldn't blow up in their faces. But then we'd have to shift the discussion over to why they'd want to suddenly make him popular after years of silencing him through censorship. Seems to me the only answer would be to try and provoke something none of us want to see take place. Like what they tried to do on J6.
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Trump Criminally Charged

Post by Hovannes »

Trump at least has the chance to prove his innocence in court :whistle:
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nancy- ... ence-trial
Jocose
Usher
Usher

Trump Criminally Charged

Post by Jocose »

The views expressed here are either mine or not my own, not sure.
The opinions expressed here may or may not be my own.
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.