Cars

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

Cars

Post by jmg »

Troubadour wrote: 30 Apr 2022, 16:21
jmg wrote: 30 Apr 2022, 16:01 This is more my thing...

Minus the surf board...
Is that a Ford Bronco?
Wagoneer
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden
JudgeRusty
Sunday School Student

Cars

Post by JudgeRusty »

jmg wrote: 30 Apr 2022, 18:44
jmg wrote: 30 Apr 2022, 16:01 This is more my thing...

Minus the surf board...
Is that a Ford Bronco?
Wagoneer
As young marrieds, Beth and I traded for a used Explorer and there was a weekend lag between trading in our vehicle and picking up the newer one. Friendly car lot loaned us an 82 Grand Waggoneer for weekend. Lots of room, seats more cushioned than our couch. We still talk of regret at not attempting to buy it then. Sometimes we think of getting one as a restoration project or a professionally restored Wagoneer, but they are as pricey as modern SUVs.
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

Cars

Post by jmg »

JudgeRusty wrote: 01 May 2022, 09:52
jmg wrote: 30 Apr 2022, 18:44
Is that a Ford Bronco?
Wagoneer
As young marrieds, Beth and I traded for a used Explorer and there was a weekend lag between trading in our vehicle and picking up the newer one. Friendly car lot loaned us an 82 Grand Waggoneer for weekend. Lots of room, seats more cushioned than our couch. We still talk of regret at not attempting to buy it then. Sometimes we think of getting one as a restoration project or a professionally restored Wagoneer, but they are as pricey as modern SUVs.
It's one of the few vehicles that I'd really love to have.
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Cars

Post by FredS »

Troubadour wrote: 30 Apr 2022, 15:41 I was wondering what the most extensive car repair anyone has done by hand?

Years ago I did a fuel pump change on an old car (among other repairs) using a Hayne's manual and some online guides, and felt pretty proud of myself. If the need arose, I'd consider attempting an automatic transmission change, but I'm not entirely confident I could do one without taking it to a shop.
I changed the transmission in a Plymouth my uncle gave me:

Then I wrecked it:
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Cars

Post by Biff »

FredS wrote: 01 May 2022, 10:27
Troubadour wrote: 30 Apr 2022, 15:41 I was wondering what the most extensive car repair anyone has done by hand?

Years ago I did a fuel pump change on an old car (among other repairs) using a Hayne's manual and some online guides, and felt pretty proud of myself. If the need arose, I'd consider attempting an automatic transmission change, but I'm not entirely confident I could do one without taking it to a shop.
Then I wrecked it:
That'll buff out.
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada: