Theologians Gone Wild---the Sparkle Creed

For the thinkers, theologians, philospophers.
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Hovannes »

https://www.theblaze.com/news/video-chu ... d-two-dads

I may have to draw the shades in my house and sit down in silence and darkness for three days just to comprehend what happened here.
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Post by Biff »

Hovannes wrote: 29 Jun 2023, 21:15 https://www.theblaze.com/news/video-chu ... d-two-dads

I may have to draw the shades in my house and sit down in silence and darkness for three days just to comprehend what happened here.
I know a few things. Not many, a few. One of the things I know; those aren't Christians. They're just playing dress-up.
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
Hugo Drax
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent

Post by Hugo Drax »

It's happening exactly as we were told it would happen. While it's going to get ugly, I find immense comfort in that. Keep the faith!
Weenies are us.
Wosbald
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+

Seems that Neo-Fascist Christianisms reducing faith to political theatrics are a thing on the Left as well as the Right.

I'm shocked. Shocked, I say! Image

Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

The first chapter in her bible says something like, "Then We said, 'Let us create God in our image'...."
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Post by coco »

Del wrote: 30 Jun 2023, 17:49 The first chapter in her bible says something like, "Then We said, 'Let us create God in our image'...."
"God made man in his own image, and ever since, man has been returning the favor."
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

According to urban legend, the original author is a liberal queer lady-pastor. She was voice-to-texting The Apostle's Creed, and her phone transliterated this as "The Sparkle Creed." Thus was she inspired to compose her own "Sparkle Creed."

I can't help but ponder the question: Why would anyone -- much less an ordained Christian pastor -- who already holds the wisdom of the Apostle's Creed ever dare to think of composing a new Christian creed?
St. Paul wrote:1 Cor 3:10 By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should build with care. 11 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, 13 their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work. 14 If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward. 15 If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping through the flames.
My working theory is that L-gibbitty Pride activism is a religious cult... with it's own fundamentalist dogmas, it's own moral codes (especially regarding sexual morality), it's own anthropology (principles defining men and women; families, societies and the formation of children), it's own social ethics (mostly regarding the speaking of pronouns), and it's own Inquisition for the punishment of heretics and heathens who do not profess their orthodoxy.

In other words, L-gibbitty Pride is a pagan religion, and not Christianity. They ought to have their own creed. Just do it in their own temples, and do not pretend that this pagan cult is compatible with Christianity.

Gay persons can be devout, believing Christians (just as adulterers and drug addicts and anyone else who struggles against personal sin).... but L-gibbitty activists who reject Christian faith and recite their own creeds in Christian churches should be disciplined and/or cast out to live in the pagan faith that they preach.
jruegg
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by jruegg »

Del wrote: 06 Jul 2023, 16:00 According to urban legend, the original author is a liberal queer lady-pastor. She was voice-to-texting The Apostle's Creed, and her phone transliterated this as "The Sparkle Creed." Thus was she inspired to compose her own "Sparkle Creed."

I can't help but ponder the question: Why would anyone -- much less an ordained Christian pastor -- who already holds the wisdom of the Apostle's Creed ever dare to think of composing a new Christian creed?
St. Paul wrote:1 Cor 3:10 By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should build with care. 11 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, 13 their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work. 14 If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward. 15 If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping through the flames.
My working theory is that L-gibbitty Pride activism is a religious cult... with it's own fundamentalist dogmas, it's own moral codes (especially regarding sexual morality), it's own anthropology (principles defining men and women; families, societies and the formation of children), it's own social ethics (mostly regarding the speaking of pronouns), and it's own Inquisition for the punishment of heretics and heathens who do not profess their orthodoxy.

In other words, L-gibbitty Pride is a pagan religion, and not Christianity. They ought to have their own creed. Just do it in their own temples, and do not pretend that this pagan cult is compatible with Christianity.

Gay persons can be devout, believing Christians (just as adulterers and drug addicts and anyone else who struggles against personal sin).... but L-gibbitty activists who reject Christian faith and recite their own creeds in Christian churches should be disciplined and/or cast out to live in the pagan faith that they preach.
My working theory is 2 Thess. 2:11
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

jruegg wrote: 06 Jul 2023, 20:32
Del wrote: 06 Jul 2023, 16:00 My working theory is that L-gibbitty Pride activism is a religious cult... with it's own fundamentalist dogmas, it's own moral codes (especially regarding sexual morality), it's own anthropology (principles defining men and women; families, societies and the formation of children), it's own social ethics (mostly regarding the speaking of pronouns), and it's own Inquisition for the punishment of heretics and heathens who do not profess their orthodoxy.

My working theory is 2 Thess. 2:11
Well, yeah. The spirit of the Anti-christ has been working against the Church from the beginning.

The false spirit has taken different forms, always looking to deceive and successfully stealing many souls in every generation.

You know this well, as you've had to pay a price just to stand up for basic moral truths in your own church. It takes courage to stand up against the Deceiver.