The Brews & Tropicality Thread

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

Let us know what yer brewing or just what yer drinking.

I really enjoy the mountains, but a week on a Mexican beach in January is also nice, and nothing is better than a bucket of Coronas.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

Went to a neighborhood BBQ last weekend. The dude 3 doors down is from Kansas City too and really knows how to handle a pork butt. Anyway, I whipped up a pitcher of sangria. Walmart sells this stuff for $7 a bottle and it's pretty tasty on ice on a hot day. And yes, 85 degrees counts as a hot day here. I used whatever fruit we had on hand which turned out to be clementines, grapes, and strawberries.

[EDIT] At risk of triggering my friends who may be addicts - - - When I was young, I used to love to get drunk on wine and slur/sing along with JJW on "Sangria Wine".

I love old sangria wine
When I drink it with ol' friends of mine
Yeah, I love to drink with ol' friends of mine
When we get drunk on that sangria wine
(Here's the slurry part) Ooooooooooooooooooooooh, ooooooooooooooooooooooooh, ooooooooooooooooooooooh, I love that sangria wine
Last edited by FredS on 13 Jul 2023, 13:49, edited 1 time in total.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

Good timing. My grandson brought me a pack of these recently. Tried a couple last night. Odd, but in a good way. I doubt I'd buy it for myself, but I'd sure drink it again if it's free.

“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

There's a brewery less than a mile from my house called Funkwerks. The make sour beer, which I usually don't like, but . . . a girl across the alley was an "ambassador" for them - she wore skimpy clothes and handed out free samples - and I cut some boards for shelves she was putting up and she paid me with this stuff. Like JimVH, I wouldn't admit to buying it, but I didn't want to hurt her feelings, so yeah, I drank it.

Last edited by FredS on 14 Jul 2023, 05:06, edited 1 time in total.
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Post by sweetandsour »

Hell I can't even find Pearl. I ain't buying pineapple or guava beer, and that's a fact. Except maybe if I run across an ambassador, then maybe I'll think about it.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Hovannes »

Five ice cold bottles of Peroni in the fridge right now. :D
joegoat
The Naughty Grand Poobah
The Naughty Grand Poobah

Post by joegoat »

I still have Rolling Rock from the 4th. It's a hometown beer for me. I don't drink much beer these days, but if I do have something in the fridge, it's Keystone Light. Just something cold and wet that tastes decent.
I'm researching making mead this year. We're fixing to have a decent honey harvest and the cappings are tough to extract honey from. Turns out that folks wash the honey out of them and use that honey water to make mead. Sounds good to me!
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (When all else fails, play dead)
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Bloodhound »

Shiner Bock
This has become my favorite beer great flavor not too carbonated...just a great beer

They have lots of flavors in addition to the Bock...worth checking out
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

Bloodhound wrote: 14 Jul 2023, 08:02 Shiner Bock
This has become my favorite beer great flavor not too carbonated...just a great beer

They have lots of flavors in addition to the Bock...worth checking out
By far my favorite brewer. Their Bock is my favorite, but even the stuff I think sounds too weird is usually good (ie: trail mix).

Even though SB is my favorite, I more often buy Lone Star/LS Light.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

I enjoy a nice shandy in the summertime. My current favs are from Breckenridge and of course Leinenkugel. Yummy.